Athens

Burn_Broomfield

There are at least 3 of us, on the 2am into Athens on Tues/Wed, we plan to get bus only 5 Euro each, you guys on the BA flight from Heathrow I presume, we are on the 17:30 from Edinburgh down to Heathrow

Thats the one, flys out at 20.35 I believe from Heathrow.

We are just getting the megabus down because it was only £30 each and once you've taken a bus to Odense and back the Glasgow to London mega is a short wee trip.

Will see you down there then, we'll no doubt be at the bar for one or two before the flight :cheers:

Anyone arriving on the 2am flight on Tuesday Morning thats staying in the Novus City Hotel or close by that facies sharing a taxi. There are 2 of us so any additional people would reduce the cost. If anyone is interested, send me a pm.

Cheers

Nae noise noo, we arrive in the Novus City on the 22.10 the Monday night. :whistling:

See you at the rooftop pool and bar in the morning. :thumbup:

this time in 24hrs I'll be en route - yasss!

If I get free wifi in the hotel I'll post up any issues/concerns we had on the way.

Anyone flying BA or Aegean to Athens from Heathrow tomorrow night - see you in the bar :)

Out on Monday BA 6.30pm from Glasgow to T5, then BA again on to Athens arriving 2.30am Tues, staying at the Melia Athens City Centre hotel (another roof/pool bar) maybe the best yet??? £50 a night, no bad...

Anybody else staying there and on the same flights? Up for sharing a taxi with anybody in to the City Centre...

It's not having a go at anyone mate, it's tongue in cheek humour. We were much more worried about getting Fenerbahce, as our colours are similar to Galatasaray. No one from Motherwell has any affiliation with Olympiakos let alone wear their colours.

Can I ask what factors decide which team an Athens lad opts for ? Is it geographical, political, religious ????

It's not having a go at anyone mate, it's tongue in cheek humour. We were much more worried about getting Fenerbahce, as our colours are similar to Galatasaray. No one from Motherwell has any affiliation with Olympiakos let alone wear their colours.

Can I ask what factors decide which team an Athens lad opts for ? Is it geographical, political, religious ????

According to surveys, Athens and it's suburbs - we are dealing with a city nearing 5,5 million people- is owned by Panathinaikos. They tend to have a vast supporting in the area surrounding their horrific port and this support is a trend based merely upon culture and not geography. We are city-boys, we are against any kind of authority, we were at syntagna sg fighting for Greece's rights, we tend to confort our club owners when they dont care for our club's interests. They only care about winning the champion by any filthy mean. It's purely a cultural aspect m8.

Edited by wembley-13

Thats the one, flys out at 20.35 I believe from Heathrow.

We are just getting the megabus down because it was only £30 each and once you've taken a bus to Odense and back the Glasgow to London mega is a short wee trip.

Will see you down there then, we'll no doubt be at the bar for one or two before the flight :cheers:

Me and me other half are on the Aegan flight Sunday, getting mega bus from glasgow at 08:30

So the Exodus starts today. Safe journey to all Dossers heading off to Athens over the next few days.

Win, lose or draw, this is our time. Our wee diddy team is off to play one of the Giants of European Football in the Champions League. The Champions League !!! Still hasn't sunk in. We may be 2 goals behind, and written-off by all and sundry but there are 38 other Scottish Clubs and sets of fans out there who'd give their hind teeth to be where we are. Lets not forget that.

To the Players ...... You do the Football, and we'll do the Noise.

Mon the Dossers :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

Currently sitting in the Glasgow Airport Spoons on my tod with a pint.

Safe journey to all those travelling and see you in Athens!

Sooooo jealous, not travelling until the sleeper from Motherwell tonight.

See you in Athens on Monday night. :cheers: .

So the Exodus starts today. Safe journey to all Dossers heading off to Athens over the next few days.

Win, lose or draw, this is our time. Our wee diddy team is off to play one of the Giants of European Football in the Champions League. The Champions League !!! Still hasn't sunk in. We may be 2 goals behind, and written-off by all and sundry but there are 38 other Scottish Clubs and sets of fans out there who'd give their hind teeth to be where we are. Lets not forget that.

To the Players ...... You do the Football, and we'll do the Noise.

Mon the Dossers :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What he said :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Anyone on the 2215 flight out of heathrow on Tuesday nigt getting in at 0400 to Athens? I'm at the Olympics on Tuesday so on that flight myself and looking to share a taxi into the city centre with someone

I reckon a third of that flight at least will be Well fans possibly more. Effectively the last flight into Athens and allows most to work the majority of the Tuesday. 8 from the East of Scotland branch including myself. I am sure you will find someone to share a taxi....

Edit to add: We are on the BA flight dept after 9pm arr into Athens at 02:30. Not sure going by times quoted you are on the same flight???