Athens

Burn_Broomfield

after 2am and it feels a wee bit cooler , maybe mid 20's cannae see a temp sign anywhere, good laugh at wee dram, maybe only a few hundred wellfans, tops in there though, city is pretty huge and wellfans spread throughout.

EDIT: feking 28'C at 2am

after 2am and it feels a wee bit cooler , maybe mid 20's cannae see a temp sign anywhere, good laugh at wee dram, maybe only a few hundred wellfans, tops in there though, city is pretty huge and wellfans spread throughout.

EDIT: feking 28'C at 2am

Similar to what we've been dealing with here this summer. Commiserations.

Did not get in to 7.30 last night to our hotel. So just had some dinner on the roof and then a small Carrie out in the room as I was totally knackered cos I had not slept for about 25 hours due to me doing night shift. Off to the acropalis the morning then a wee walk about there then back to the hotel to change finish the Carrie out since I crashed out half way through then off some scram then the pub where everyone else is meeting. Mind the sun cream it is going to be hot!

Anyone else having a problem getting a signal out here? I am with 3 and I don't get one at all

Up the Acropolis just now, what a heat but some crowd, we will need to get one of these Parthenon buildings for Motherwell, its embarrassing to invite these European fans over and only have the Civic Centre to show off.

Tell them they can keep their Acropolis,

We've got the big red tree :thumbup:

4430558690_98e98e18d9.jpg

Motherwell fC twitter posted that Pana are running buses from their old ground to the olympic stadium from 630 local time and encourage as many wellfans to go along and use them,

old ground is out near the wee dram is it not?

Heading to the WEE DRAM in an hour so see you all @ or around 3 or 4pm underground will take us to the Olympic Stadium and run us back after the game which will end @ approx.11:45pm.

Note: Underground runs last train from Stadia at 1:30am as they put on transportation to get us back to Athens

Cheers, " UP THE ' WELL "

Motherwell fC twitter posted that Pana are running buses from their old ground to the olympic stadium from 630 local time and encourage as many wellfans to go along and use them,

Club said we have sold 560 ticketsIt's 44 degrees in Athens now - bloody hot thank god for air con

Thanks, thought it would have been closer to the 1000 mark but nearly 600 is still fairly decent for a club with 4000 season tickets.

Getting a wee bit excited about the match now, don't hold out much hope but as with a lot of dossers come kickoff I'll be liking our chances :thumbup:

There is nothing like that guys. Dont bother even going there, waiting. Take the sub form Panormoy, and u' ll be fine, arriving at OAKA in 30-35 minutes.

The Wee Dram take the underground to Panormou Metro station and exit Belou 1 minute walk up the hill on right hand side

23 Konopisopoulou & Logothetidi streets , get day pass if you are going to game via Metro link

or take cab cost approx. 6 Euros

Note: I think it is the 3rd station Blue Line airport line approx 10 mins. from city square

How far out is the Wee Dram from the Centre and how far from the game? Looking to workout timings

Edited by wellintoronto

Just back at the hotel. Has anyone said how bloody hot is....

Drunk 4 litres of water/ beer since 11am local time and not needed a pee :-)

Supposedly the local police have advised Motherwell fans not to use the Metro to the game tonight. hence the bus offer. But who wants to get to the ground 3 hours before kick off. Over the top in my opinion.

We may get a taxi but not their bus offer....