Athens

Burn_Broomfield

hotels look dirt cheap. lots of ok looking hotels for 25or 30 quid a night via laterooms.com, Expedia etc. where are people staying - Athens centre or out near the Olympic stadium?

I am in the Novus City Hotel, "This hotel is located in Athens (Metaxourgio), close to National Theatre of Greece, National Archaeological Museum of Athens, and Parthenon. Also nearby are Acropolis and Benaki Museum".

Plus it has got a swimming pool and a bar ON THE ROOF.:drinks::thumbup:

I am going Prestwick - crete (Ryanair) then Crete - Athens (aegean) leaves Prestwick 06.55 Tues and in Athens at 18.30. Coming back on thurs Athens- London Heathrow (17.25 - 19.20) then BA back to Glasgow (21.00 - 22.20). All in £321 and no overly long waits at airports, and no stopovers required

Cheers for this. looking in to this route at the moment. £420 all in with hotel is not to bad.

anyone on the 21:00 flight to Athens on BA from Heathrow on Sunday night (5th)?

We're flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow but will be in Heathrow for a good few hours before moving on - beers ahoy :cheers:

anyone on the 21:00 flight to Athens on BA from Heathrow on Sunday night (5th)?

We're flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow but will be in Heathrow for a good few hours before moving on - beers ahoy :cheers:

On the Aegan flight @20:35 so yeah Beers Ahoy cheers.gif Wear a red Hat so we will know you lowoop.gif

I am really jealous of all the people who are going to the away leg, but unfortunately I will be away on my summer holiday when the game takes place. I only hope that I can get a decent stream to watch the match. Enjoy! drinks.gif

I always pause for a wee private moment, and raise a glass to those who for whatever reason haven't made it. What do you want me to put in my glass ?

Outbound - Monday 6 Aug, 2012

Flight.gif18:30

6 Aug19:50

6 AugGlasgowHeathrow (London)BA1495

British AirwaysDomestic21:00

6 Aug02:30

7 AugHeathrow (London)AthensBA0634

British AirwaysEuro TravellerInbound - Thursday 9 Aug, 2012Flight.gif14:50

9 Aug16:40

9 AugAthensHeathrow (London)BA0641

British AirwaysEuro Traveller18:00

9 Aug19:20

9 AugHeathrow (London)GlasgowBA1492

British AirwaysDomestic

My Dad is travelling on his own on the above flights. Any other well fans??

650 quid for the club charter seems a wee bit steep when folk have been getting deals for 300-400. Has anyone been on one of these charters before? Worth the extra cash?

I have been fortunate enough to have been on a number of the charters . Katowice,Dotmund,Nancy,Bucharest and Odense.

I have yet to return saying it wasnt worth the cash. Expensive way to go but always well looked after (what a great job Diane Harvey and her team do !!) and a great buzz flying out with the team . I think the return home could be fun after we get the result we all want.

Canny wait.

See you in Athens !!!!

Got sent this by a friend of a friend who lives in Athens its a virtual tour of the stadium clicky.

She also had this to say about the metro system

"For the game on Wednesday, if you use the metro, you will go on the green line and will get off at "IRINI" station. Olympic stadium (OLYMPIAKO STADIO) is a short walk distance from there.

Panathinaikos and Olympiakos fans are pretty fanatic about their teams and you don't need me to tell you that you should

keep a low profile on public transport as it is very likely you will all be travelling together for the game.

Got sent this by a friend of a friend who lives in Athens its a virtual tour of the stadium clicky.

She also had this to say about the metro system

"For the game on Wednesday, if you use the metro, you will go on the green line and will get off at "IRINI" station. Olympic stadium (OLYMPIAKO STADIO) is a short walk distance from there.

Panathinaikos and Olympiakos fans are pretty fanatic about their teams and you don't need me to tell you that you should

keep a low profile on public transport as it is very likely you will all be travelling together for the game.

Haha don't think Well fan in Europe and low profile go together

I am really jealous of all the people who are going to the away leg, but unfortunately I will be away on my summer holiday when the game takes place.

This is my summer holidays, thank fuck I held off just in case we got the opportunity to combine the two. :yahoo:

Leave Fri 3/8 Manchester to Athens, staying in Mati which is something like 25 Km from Athens but on the East Coast, not far from the airport either so ideal for me to avoid too much travelling in the heat. We return the following Friday. £500 per person, not to bad :thumbup:

Everything booked. Flying out of prestwick to crete then on to athens on the tuesday and back on the thursday via london. My friend booked the flight so I hope he has looked at the times of flights and not just booked the first one. Cant wait for this!

Brother can't go as he's starting a new next week job so didn't think would be going.

Just couldn't resist though!

Booked on 16:35 flight from LHR, arrive Athens 22:10 on the Sunday, return flight 17:25 on the Thursday.

Staying @ Radisson Blu Park hotel.

Hoping we're still in with a chance after 1st leg!

5 of us booked up! Flying from Heathrow at 10.30 on Monday morning. 4* Hotel, Grand Polis or something, looks fine, rooftop bar etc... All in for 300 notes!! Mental. Through that lastminute.com mob, get involved if u still have to book. Giddy doean't even come close to describing it!! Just hope we dont get pumped in first leg!!

I am just 600 metres away, Novus city hotel, arriving Monday night. :thumbup:

Nice stadium ............... but not for fitba :wallbash:

That was another thing that struck me. I think 3 of the 4 grounds we could have visited have running tracks round them. I despise that as it usually leads to big massive gaps behind the goals.

Bit skint just now as I was in NY last month but gambling on the next trip in the next round whether it be Europa League or CL. Although I still hope we get a British team :laugh: Knowing my luck it will be some Turkish or Greek mob :wink:

Hope everyone going has a great trip!

Hoping we're still in with a chance after 1st leg!

Also quite important. I'm sure everyone going will have a great time anyway but I just hope we are in contention for an upset when the game starts in Athens. A home loss of 2 or more goals and we would be in major trouble imo.

Hope we can keep the tie alive for the return leg. Worse case scenario and we don't, then i will still look forward to the 1st and possibly only chance to see my team play away in the Champions League. What will also help is the fact that even if we lose we are guaranteed another draw and another game/away trip :-)

Smart thinking on the way out mate .................... must have been on the internet for hours to suss that one out. What about hotel tho ?

Not booked one yet hope to get that sorted today, waiting for mate who is on Holiday (southern steel) to confirm if he is going, they will be travelling from london so trying to all get the same hotel. Had a quick look and there seems to be loads at reasonable rates

Unfortunately I need to work Tuesday so three of us . . .

From Edinburgh To Heathrow (London) Terminal 5

Departing Tue 7 August 2012 - 17:30 (local time)

Arriving Tue 7 August 2012 - 18:55 (local time)

From Heathrow (London) Terminal 5 To Athens

Departing Tue 7 August 2012 - 21:00 (local time)

Arriving Wed 8 August 2012 - 02:30 (local time)

From Athens To Heathrow (London) Terminal 5

Departing Thu 9 August 2012 - 19:05 (local time)

Arriving Thu 9 August 2012 - 20:55 (local time)

From Heathrow (London) Terminal 5 To Edinburgh

Departing Thu 9 August 2012 - 22:00 (local time)

Arriving Thu 9 August 2012 - 23:20 (local time)

Also staying at Radisson Blu Park.

Anyone else on these flights or in the hotel?

looking to buy some euros, getting 1.246 from post office online - anyone know of a better deal?

not for me going to athens :cry:

edit: just found 1.258 from ICE scotland at glasgow central station but need to print a voucher and take it in.For anyone travelling through Heathrow, ICE Heathrow are doing 1.277 but again you need to take a voucher - don't know if you can order in advance.