Athens

Burn_Broomfield

Am open to any suggestions for suitable location to meet, after I've done the Parthenon, etc., .................................. is Southern Steel - Kenny Brownlee ?

Yes ..the very same, he is in Spain just now, but is going with another face you will know, Alan Morley aka Biggles, the plan is for us to meet up in Athens

Right, that's me involved.

Flying out from Glasgow on the Sunday morning via Heathrow, gets to Athens at 5.40pm. Fly to Gatwick on the Thursday morning then ten hours before the flight back to Glasgow from Heathrow.

No idea about the hotel, few lads already booked in it and there was already a spare bed so that's blagged!

EDIT: In the Novotel Athenes. Looks a belter.

Anybody who is going have any thoughts on a meeting point for the troops in Athens, Syntagma Square seems to be the main place in Athens, bound to be a good selection of bars around it, or tea and coffee shops if you are being sensible gay

fixed for you

:evilgrin:

Everything booked. Flying out of prestwick to crete then on to athens on the tuesday and back on the thursday via london. My friend booked the flight so I hope he has looked at the times of flights and not just booked the first one. Cant wait for this!

Meet you there! Am booking 2 of us on the exact same flights out just now.

if its the 06:55 to Crete then i am on that one as well, leave Crete at 17:25 in Athens at 18:30, hope the Airport has a decent Taverna

Is it Chania or Heraklion you are flying to?

Heraklion airport is a good bit bigger and has a bar - but it's a pretty shit airport (Nikos Kazantzakis it's called).

If you've got more than 3hrs your better off going into Iraklio itself. it's nice and is only a few miles from the airport

5 tuns pub and kitchen - terminal 5 heathrow. Yass.

I'm gonnae be there for about 4hrs on Sunday!

Is this the lounge thing where you can pay a set fee in advance and booze is free? Ive noticed a few people talking about it but cant find the details anywhere.

if its the 06:55 to Crete then i am on that one as well, leave Crete at 17:25 in Athens at 18:30, hope the Airport has a decent Taverna

That's the boy!

Is it Chania or Heraklion you are flying to?

Heraklion airport is a good bit bigger and has a bar - but it's a pretty shit airport (Nikos Kazantzakis it's called).

If you've got more than 3hrs your better off going into Iraklio itself. it's nice and is only a few miles from the airport

It's Chania. According to the website it has "bars". Will do me just fine! Chania Airport

Flying out Tuesday 7th at 06:55 from Prestwick. 4 hours or so in Chania then on to Athens, arriving at around 18:30.

On the Thursday have booked onto Aegean to Heathrow at 13:30.

Will split up there and make our own separate ways home.

So far (not including getting home from London) looking at a total of £293 each. Not too shabby! Throw in 2 nights accommodation and travel back from London though and obviously that'll be a chunk more.

That's the boy!

It's Chania. According to the website it has "bars". Will do me just fine! Chania Airport

Flying out Tuesday 7th at 06:55 from Prestwick. 4 hours or so in Chania then on to Athens, arriving at around 18:30.

On the Thursday have booked onto Aegean to Heathrow at 13:30.

Will split up there and make our own separate ways home.

So far (not including getting home from London) looking at a total of £293 each. Not too shabby! Throw in 2 nights accommodation and travel back from London though and obviously that'll be a chunk more.

We are going back thursday on the 17:25 Aegean to Heathrow, there at 19;20 then its the 21:00 BA to Glasgow, £321 each plus Hotel yet to be booked, so should be just under £400 all in

We are going back thursday on the 17:25 Aegean to Heathrow, there at 19;20 then its the 21:00 BA to Glasgow, £321 each plus Hotel yet to be booked, so should be just under £400 all in

Nice. Just looking at BA now and there's one to Edinburgh at 7pm so think I'll probably end up on that. Cannot. Frakkin. Wait.

It'll be nice to have some fellow pasty looking Well fans to help while away the layover in Crete!

EDIT: In the Novotel Athenes. Looks a belter.

Think that's were we're going, my old boy has a bunch of vouchers for Novotel, so might not actually have to pay anything for it. :thumbup:

Fuck it, going on the club charter. I had too much on at work to devote any time to getting a cheaper deal. It's sort of sunk me from making both (or the first two, depending on your optimism) away ties but there is a fair chance that nobody will ever see us in the Champion's League ever again.

650 notes seems a bit steep but you cannae take it with you and all that pish.

Think that's were we're going, my old boy has a bunch of vouchers for Novotel, so might not actually have to pay anything for it. :thumbup:

Nice one mate, no doubt bump into you up at the bar on the roof next to the pool! whistling.gif