Fans Display V Panathinaikos

Dee

For the record, I was stood up that end of the stadium, and the paper throwing didn't come from the far end where the lads with the drums and flags were, it came from the second & third bank of seats down.

The stewards were stood watching them do it, and didn't make any moves to stop it. In fact, one guy from around the third or fourth row hit one of the stewards with a ball of paper, and another steward simply told him to sit down.

IF everyone connected to the club put the effort in that the lads that arranged this latest( and by far not the first ) exibition of support and enthusiasim towards OUR club together we would be in a lot better position. To condem people throwing some paper onto the pitch and looking for them to be birched or banished from future games??? GET A GRIP!!!! Sit in your sheltered cocoon of life...oops will i get puled for being racist???? and see it for what it is Nothing more than boisterious spirit from a group of fans that put their heart into supporting Motherwell FC. TRY IT SOMETIME RATHER THAT SITTING AND BEING CRITICAL ON A WEBSITE

yep teh lads put in a great effort to try to bring atmosphere to our games. The display was good and worth the money....teh fine we will get for others stupidity is not tho

We have a good name....do you HONESTLY believe that the eejits that decided it was a good idea to roll up the paper and try to hit pana players with it did ANYONE any good :dash2::dash2:

For the record, I was stood up that end of the stadium, and the paper throwing didn't come from the far end where the lads with the drums and flags were, it came from the second & third bank of seats down.

The stewards were stood watching them do it, and didn't make any moves to stop it. In fact, one guy from around the third or fourth row hit one of the stewards with a ball of paper, and another steward simply told him to sit down.

Don't know where you were STANDING??? But i was at the back of the section where the BOIS give it their all and i could see where the paper was thrown from and i think you might be mistaken in your view while standing in the ALL SEATED east stand

problem is if those wee idiots get banned we don't get the revenue from them paying at the gate or buying season/match tickets..... sadly in these times we need the c***s money..... shame they couldn't throw that onto the pitch (in note form of course)

IRONY!

• Like 1

Don't know where you were STANDING??? But i was at the back of the section where the BOIS give it their all and i could see where the paper was thrown from and i think you might be mistaken in your view while standing in the ALL SEATED east stand

Firstly let me say congratulations to the guys who organised the display - it did look good!

As for the paper throwing, I was standing at the back of the POD and I'm 100% sure that some - if not most - of the paper was thrown on to the park when no one was close by but having said that, there was some folk who were throwing paper when they got a corner and although not all, there was more than a few that were thrown was from the end section.

Sadly, as someone else said, I think that the club will be reluctant to allow another display of this type.

A few fans have wasted it for the many and undone the teriffic efforts of the guys who have tried making the match day experience better but paper or brick, UEFA wont be happy.

you pay £15, £20 or £30 to watch your team play their first ever champions league match....

you have an A4 sized bit of paper. do you....

(a) forget about the paper and watch the game, supporting your team

(b) roll the paper up and throw it on the pitch hindering the game you have paid to watch, annoying the players you are supporting and risking the club getting fined by uefa.

• Like 2

IS IT A LONG WAY DOWN FROM THAT HIGH HORSE??????????

All it takes is UEFA to decide to dish out a fine of 40 or 50 thousand quid (which is not exactly unknown) and we have lost a player's salary for a year. After all the efforts the fans have made to put extra cash into the club, that would be a real slap in the face - and all thanks to a few eejits.

• Like 3

IS IT A LONG WAY DOWN FROM THAT HIGH HORSE??????????

Shut the fuck up. No one on here has even come close to suggesting that throwing card is dangerous or violent. No one is worried about paper cuts the players may have suffered. What we are worried about is that our club may be fined because of the card being thrown. Fed up dealing with fucking attitudes like yours on a daily basis. Whether you agree with it or not, it is a rule not to throw anything on the pitch. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong. Accept the rules and don't cost our club money it can't afford.

• Like 9

Are you being serious? Get a fucking grip.

I was up the back of that section with friends and ma old man, The atmosphere was electric as far as i could see all the paper came from the end section. but I wasn't paying any attention to it to be fair, so maybe not.

Also well done to Dee and all the guys who organise the displays and what not. Wee Dee really loves his role as standy up wavey chant guy, it is awesome to watch

• Like 7

Massive congratulations and thanks to everyone involved in organising the display last night. Unfortunately we were stuck in the queue outside and completely missed it.

As far as the paper throwing is concerned, it was at worst unsporting and a little embarrassing. However in the grand scheme of things I don't think the club has much to worry about as I can't remember there being any problems at any of our previous European games.

I hope the club don't stop this sort of display in the future because of the actions of a few dafties, as it really does make a difference IMO.

Well done dee and all the lads who put the effort in. I thought display looked Superb and the atmosphere you guys generate is electric.Can't wait till my sons old enough to come over there and join in.

I do hope the morons throwing stuff hasn't harmed the club.UEFA don't like that sort of thing, paper or otherwise.

But no one here should be tarring the guys in the East Stand with the same brush.Every week those guys make Fir Park electric and worth coming to just to see what they've been up to.

A few morons doesn't mean the whole lot

Keep up the good work guys

• Like 1

Tremendous work on the display, great stuff from all involved.

Good to see lads have got the first moan of the season off their chests as well, who had 'UEFA FINE!!' in the sweepy? I thought I was quids in after I got Higdon.

To have to be told to "not throw things at opposition players" is a complete embarrassment for the club. We're in the Champions League FFS! Doesn't matter if it's only paper or whatever. Never saw anybody carrying on like that in any SPL games last season so why wait until the biggest game in the club's history to act like fucking idiots.

• Like 3