Away Leg

john-mfc

Working on the assumption that there will be no UK station picking up the game, the next obvious thing to me would be to find somewhere with access to Greek TV stations.

That to me would mean Greek bars, cafes or restaurants a few of which can be found here....

The first seems to a general Greek website which within it has a list of a few Greek boozers and eateries.

The second is more football orientated with some places that Greeks could converge to watch their games in Euro 2012.

>>> Greek London

>>> London Town

Ofcourse the owners of these places might be AEK or Olympiakos fans and tell you stick your Pana game up your arse but I'd say its worth a call to suss out anyway.

Another option might be to contact the Sports Cafe and see if they can put it on one of the screens in there.

If you do get something sorted post it to let folk know and we can try to spread the word so you might have some fellow Dossers to watch it with.

I'd expect Julian to be in Athens. :thumbup:

He is booked up. Also planning to go to Ross County....

Always remember heading back into Reykjavik after the Breidlablik game. We headed off to the pubs, he headed off to an internet cafe to book flights to Aalesund......

All because of a Willie Pettigrew panini sticker.....

Is that the reason ? Our bus picked him up near Dartford Tunnel going to Dortmund. Nice guy, Leyton Orient fan I believe.

Yep, met him in Bucharest. When he mentioned Leyton Orient, I suddenly rembered a guy with a half Motherwell/half Orient tammy at Tynecastle in the 80s. One and the same person!

remember him at Parkhead back in the day. we're travelling along in the Dalziel bus getting dogs abuse fae the locals, peering out the windae we spot this boy stoating along London Rd wi' an England cricket top & a huge Union Jack round his askit pooders wi' Leyton Orient emblazoned across it headin' towards the away end.

how he made it in & out of there alive is a mystery.

he must be cab-drivin' ninja..............

Seems as good a place as any to ask, but myself and a couple of other lads down here can't make it to the home leg (invested a bit heavily in the away...), anyone else down in London have any plans?

I'm going to the away game from down here but worth checking out The Famous 3 Kings pub in West Kensington. Its got all the foreign satellites and regularly shows 5 or 6 games live every Saturday, boy who owns/runs it is/used to be Scottish.

http://www.f3k-london.co.uk/Venue.aspx

Might be worth a call, decent boozer and loads of screens

I'm going to the away game from down here but worth checking out The Famous 3 Kings pub in West Kensington. Its got all the foreign satellites and regularly shows 5 or 6 games live every Saturday, boy who owns/runs it is/used to be Scottish.

http://www.f3k-london.co.uk/Venue.aspx

Might be worth a call, decent boozer and loads of screens

Forgot all about that place. Good shout.

There is also a Panathinaikos supporters club who meet at the Dolphin Hotel near Paddington. Their website seems a bit out of date though. The last news article was posted in January.

Phoned the boy from the London Pana supporters club, says its going to be an online job only, he thinks. The rights have been sold to a non-satellite channel, so there won't be any channels through a decoder that has it. Checking with some pubs in the morning, hopeful, but not looking good!

remember him at Parkhead back in the day. we're travelling along in the Dalziel bus getting dogs abuse fae the locals, peering out the windae we spot this boy stoating along London Rd wi' an England cricket top & a huge Union Jack round his askit pooders wi' Leyton Orient emblazoned across it headin' towards the away end.

how he made it in & out of there alive is a mystery.

he must be cab-drivin' ninja..............

Met up with the man himself for a pint tonight in Edinburgh.

He has invested in a very impressive and smart Motherwell FC / Essex flag. Hopefully it will be unveiled in the Cooper stand tomorrow night.

If I was tech savvy I would be able to upload the photo, but I am not :whistling: