East Stand Queues Tonight

Toxteth O'Grady

Arrived at the ground at 7.20pm and still missed both the fans display and the kick-off. Queue at that point was round by the main entrance the POD Stand.

Police and stewards said there was no chance of the kick-off being delayed.

Apologies for the moan, but it didn't half put a dampener on what was supposed to be a great occasion. we all know Fir Park is getting on a bit, but I'm afraid the East Stand is no longer fit for purpose.

• Like 2

Arrived at the ground at 7.20pm and still missed both the fans display and the kick-off. Queue at that point was round by the main entrance the POD Stand.

Apologies for the moan, but it didn't half put a dampener on what was supposed to be a great occasion. we all know Fir Park is getting on a bit, but I'm afraid the East Stand is no longer fit for purpose.

A new stadium with the same amount of turnstiles would pose a similar problem, all about management of the situation, nothing to do with the stadium.

• Like 1

Nowt the club can do though. They announced through all the usual social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter) that the turnstiles were open from quarter to six.

Until we let folk have a couple beers in the ground, they will stay as late as they can for 'one more drink'

I turned up at 6.50 and there was no queue whatsoever.

People should know by now that when we have a big crowd and they all turn up with 20 - 25 minutes to go there are problems.

Given that the stadium was virtually empty until about 7.25 that's obviously what happened.

1343770439[/url]' post='353176']

Nowt the club can do though. They announced through all the usual social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter) that the turnstiles were open from quarter to six.

Until we let folk have a couple beers in the ground, they will stay as late as they can for 'one more drink'

Anybody with an ounce of sense would have known the potential queues. Walked straight in at ten past seven

I couldn't understand why so many people left it so late to come into the ground...teh gates openned at 530. I really expected teh palce to be rocking from before 7 <_>

although I was in the POD stand the queue for the east looked a complete fuck up at 20 past 7.

To add to that my ticket said entry through gates 3 and 4 - although my seat was neared gates 6 and 7? - but only gate 3 was open.

Hope they get it better for the next game.

I agree, the east stand has had it, if there were gates along the stand with a specific number or letter corresponding with said letter or number on your ticket then there would never have been this problem. regardless of what time you get there, you should never have to wait over 25 minuites to get into a football game.

• Like 2

what fucks up the east is that the idiots running the queue let one person past them to go through the gate then when they have went through the next person. you end up with the person in the turnstyle taking the tickets having a gap of 10-20s between entrys, extrapolate through the full queue and it's obvious there are going to be delays.

tonight i walked down from the taggarts end at 7:15 and walked straight to the turnstyles none of which were being used despite the large line waiting all the way down to cooper.

the stewards should be told to manage the crowd so there are always 4-5 people waiting to be seen by the person working the gate.

what fucks up the east is that the idiots running the queue let one person past them to go through the gate then when they have went through the next person. you end up with the person in the turnstyle taking the tickets having a gap of 10-20s between entrys, extrapolate through the full queue and it's obvious there are going to be delays.

tonight i walked down from the taggarts end at 7:15 and walked straight to the turnstyles none of which were being used despite the large line waiting all the way down to cooper.

the stewards should be told to manage the crowd so there are always 4-5 people waiting to be seen by the person working the gate.

Was in the pod for 10 past 7 so don't know about that but wtf was the point of moving people from the bucket seats after half an hour?

About 20 people who had came in near kick off sat there 'cause there was no stewards to tell them where their seat was and after half an hour the safety officer or whatever told about 5 of them to move before having a convo with someone and letting the rest stay. :dash2:

All seemed to have been caused by one policeman insisting that people queued for one turnstyle and in one queue that went all the way round to the ticket office.

We ignored him and went up to the Knowetop end and walked straight in with a choice of 3 turnstyles and no search despite 3 stewards being in attendance.

As for those berating folk who didn't turn up until 7:20ish, unfortunately many still had to work the full day before leaving for the match so the request to arrive early was fair enough, but not possible for some.

Not sure what more the club could have done when the queues look to have been caused by the police.

I turned up at 7.40 and walked in the other side. Don't know why no one qued at both sides

There was police on horses at the corner outside the cooper telling east stand folk to join the big queue, it wasn't until we were almost at the front we were told to use both sides.

There was no queue at the other side, and the majority of folk were going through the 1st couple of turnstyles. Had it been made known you could queue from both sides, a lot of people would have got in a lot quicker.

This "queue at both sides" stuff is rubbish, one queue, make sure at the end of it people are using the turnstiles properly, somebody sayin "use aw the turnstiles" every now and again isn't taking control of the situation, there's nobody physically managing the queue, making sure people use the turnstiles etc.

A couple of strategically placed crowd barriers at the top of the queue to hoard the crowd into using every turnstile seems to be the sensible answer. Even as strapped of cash as we are, I'm sure this wouldnae exactly break the bank.

Can they do that effectively though with the road so close?

The road seems to be the main problem to access in my opinion, it forces everyone to queue down the pavement, instead of having four separate queues going into each turnstile.

Nevermind the East Stand queue's....why di the police stop all traffic in and around the stadium from the 85 minute till about 10 minutes after the game had finished? I had to make a sharp exit due to a lengthy journey home and didn't want to get caught in the inevitable bottle neck down towards the M74 at Strathclyde park. No other section of traffic had been held back and ended up stuck for ages.

1343820284[/url]' post='353332']

Nevermind the East Stand queue's....why di the police stop all traffic in and around the stadium from the 85 minute till about 10 minutes after the game had finished? I had to make a sharp exit due to a lengthy journey home and didn't want to get caught in the inevitable bottle neck down towards the M74 at Strathclyde park. No other section of traffic had been held back and ended up stuck for ages.

This.

Also whilst complaining about stuff, those burger vans at the school are rank. Burger was threw in the bin after a bite. No the clubs fault or the polis just my only moan of last night.

This.

Also whilst complaining about stuff, those burger vans at the school are rank. Burger was threw in the bin after a bite. No the clubs fault or the polis just my only moan of last night.

Come on to fuck! Letting the side down here, dont you know its only the old firm fans that use those?! I met my girl friend at the ground last night, she was starving yet she never even got one... shes been well told.

1343821574[/url]' post='353338']

Come on to fuck! Letting the side down here, dont you know its only the old firm fans that use those?! I met my girl friend at the ground last night, she was starving yet she never even got one... shes been well told.

Was starving and didn't know how long I would have to wait with the police stopping cars so took a chance on it. Mistake I won't make again. Should have known when there was like 2 folk buying stuff despite loads of folk walking past. Will be a chapmans pie next week for me for the club.

The problem with the east stand turnstiles is simply that they are a clumped together. You are in a massive que for half an hour which only divides into about 8 que's just before you go in - spoilt for choice once you finally get there. Its a shame the east stand just has that set of stairs in - much better if it was along the length of the pitch with spread out gates.

I left Glasgow at 6.10 thinking I would be fine, can often be a 15minute drive - that was the killer for me - didnt make it in to the ground til 7.50.

Gutted to have missed the players coming out, the kick-off and the display. Even more fucked off by the f*çknut who stole our seats and refused to move 'I've been here for half an hour' - yeah that doesn't make it your seat fanny.

I gave up arguing and moved to the terracing at the back of the stand and watched with a better view from there.

ps füçk you.