• Shaun Hutchinson
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Keith Lasley
    • Michael Higdon
    • Henrik Ojamaa
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Omar Daley
    • Null Vote

Anyone but Humphrey, he is a wast of s shirt. Does nothing productive. He hinders the team more than anything. Cant, Shoot, Cross, dribble.

Bit harsh in my opinion. Okay, he didn't have a great night last night but that was more to do with a lack of service. We got the ball in behind to him once or twice early on and he roasted the full-back. Also had a decent effort at goal early on. Unfortunately, he's very much a confidence player and when the ball started being played short into his feet and he couldn't get past the man, he was always going to struggle. If we want the best out of him, we have to play him in behind and let him run onto it.

• Like 1

Bit harsh in my opinion. Okay, he didn't have a great night last night but that was more to do with a lack of service. We got the ball in behind to him once or twice early on and he roasted the full-back. Also had a decent effort at goal early on. Unfortunately, he's very much a confidence player and when the ball started being played short into his feet and he couldn't get past the man, he was always going to struggle. If we want the best out of him, we have to play him in behind and let him run onto it.

I dont think hes had a great career at Fir Park and yes he never seems to have confidence to take anyone on. If he is as quick as his potential to poke the ball through the opponents legs and run past him, there was times certainly in the second half to do it. He should have been replaced in the second half for fresh legs.

I have to agree with those saying Humphrey was quite poor last night. Whenever the ball was played into his feet he was absolutely clueless. Good performance from Lasley, but I definitely have to go with Law for MOTM for us, was very composed on the ball and looked to me by far the most suited to being on a pitch with some of the better Panathinaikos players. The defence will need to be a lot better protected at their place though, gonna be a very tough return leg.

After 15 mins he had about three guys on him most of the time. In fact for long periods if we had the ball it seemed all our 'danger' men had two or three men on them, yet we could not find the space to exploit.

The way we try and play, if we could learn to do the last part we're gonna have a braw season and a bit more.

Las man of the match though

I dont think hes had a great career at Fir Park and yes he never seems to have confidence to take anyone on. If he is as quick as his potential to poke the ball through the opponents legs and run past him, there was times certainly in the second half to do it. He should have been replaced in the second half for fresh legs.

Glad someone agrees with me and talks some sense about Humphrey.

The trouble with Humphrey is that he is a very limited player. He doesn't really help the right-back very much, he doesn't come infield to help Lasley and Law and he doesn't really gel with his fellow attacking players in terms of playing off each other or crossing/assists.

A bit of a luxury player if you ask me.

Thought Las was outstanding so went for him, very closely followed by Nicky Law, like the way he has looked in pre season. Thought big Hutch got stuck in & cant wait for him to get proper match fit, Ramsden was steady on his debut, Higdon i thought personally worked very hard & looks a lot sharper than last season. However despite starting the game well Chris Humphrey done a Dynamo on us & disappeared, he was brutal, didnt want the ball & didnt get into the positions for the team to send him running for it. Very poor in my opinion. Good effort by the boys & fans though, very proud of them.

Went for Law ..a few good performances and a few average ones ..thought we were poor at both full back areas , 2 at the back did well enough . Centre mid played well but in the wide areas going forward we struggled . Up front we could still be playing and not scored ..they had 10 men behind the ball whenever they lost it and we couldnt get behind them enough to cause problems ...but , all in all I thought we did as well as could have been expected ...no other team will play as well as them at Fir Park this coming season .

Some may have failed to notice that every time the ball went near Humphrey, Pana had two men on him - we didn't get the ball across to him quickly enough nor did we make good use of the space this created elsewhere. Although the lads worked hard, we just weren't as fluid as Pana. We took the pace off the ball going forward (with a few exceptions) and that will hinder our wide players effectiveness. Too many telegraphed passes unfortunately...the difference in experience at that level did show.

Thought the lads acquitted themselves well throughout the game though and it will have been a great experience for all of them. No matter what happens in Athens - they can be very proud of themselves!

I went for Lasley, but I think there were a number of very good performances last night. I'd have put Murphy and Law right in the mix, and I thought Tom Hateley had a very good game too.

I totally agree with linsey12, Humphrey was well marshalled and the ball never really got to him in a position where he could run. Also, noticed the vast amounts of space available at times on either wings which wasn't used. We don't switch play quickly enough when the opportunity arises.

Humphrey had very little space to play in on the wing, but then he should then be looking to create space for others by moving. What was wrong with him drifting into the middle and try to get onto flick ons from Higdon? He also had opportunities to play the ball beyond the full back and run, but chose not to!

Lasley was everywhere, and god knows what we are going to do when he's suspended!