Pre-Game Music At Fir Park This Season...

David

Now that Rangers are in the shitter we could maybe claim back some Madness tunes.

Talk like this infuriates me. :wallbash:

I assume you're referring to 'One Step Beyond' aye? The name of a popular Motherwell FC fanzine for many a year?

So had we to avoid playing such tunes over the tannoy because Rangers also used them thus making us look like h**s without the busfare in they eyes of the Celtic fans, who's opinions of us many Motherwell fans seem to value so highly going by some of the talk on here?

I remember folk greetin about us playing OSB after we'd scored in the Queen's Park cup tie last season because it was, to quote them 'Rangers shite'.

Well, why was it 'Rangers shite'???? It wasn't and isn't a Rangers song and they certainly had no claim to it, it's just they also happened to use it for their goal celebrations at Hampden a couple of seasons back against us, so because of that, some of our fans automatically assosciate it with them and we must steer well clear of it.

I really wish Motherwell fans would grow a pair and forget Rangers and Celtic and what their fans may or may not think of us. We are our own club, so can we not just stand up and be ourselves and not let other clubs influence us?

One Step Beyond would actually be a very good choice to be played over the tannoys at Fir Park, for obvious reasons and if our DJ refused to or stopped playing it because it was seen as 'a Rangers song' then fucking shame on him/her.

What happened to 'We are Motherwell, everyone else is a c4nt?' I really wish some of our fans would listen to their own advice.

Fuck Celtic, fuck Rangers and fuck what anyone else thinks about us.

• Like 5

I assume you're referring to 'One Step Beyond' aye? The name of a popular Motherwell FC fanzine for many a year?

So had we to avoid playing such tunes over the tannoy because Rangers also used them thus making us look like h**s without the busfare in they eyes of the Celtic fans, who's opinions of us many Motherwell fans seem to value so highly going by some of the talk on here?

I remember folk greetin about us playing OSB after we'd scored in the Queen's Park cup tie last season because it was, to quote them 'Rangers shite'.

Well, why was it 'Rangers shite'???? It wasn't and isn't a Rangers song and they certainly had no claim to it, it's just they also happened to use it for their goal celebrations at Hampden a couple of seasons back against us, so because of that, some of our fans automatically assosciate it with them and we must steer well clear of it.

I really wish Motherwell fans would grow a pair and forget Rangers and Celtic and what their fans may or may not think of us. We are our own club, so can we not just stand up and be ourselves and not let other clubs influence us?

One Step Beyond would actually be a very good choice to be played over the tannoys at Fir Park, for obvious reasons and if our DJ refused to or stopped playing it because it was seen as 'a Rangers song' then fucking shame on him/her.

What happened to 'We are Motherwell, everyone else is a c4nt?' I really wish some of our fans would listen to their own advice.

OK, but 'Night Boat to Cairo' is better anyway.

Oh and they should have played 'Embarrassment' when Sissoko came back on the other night.

Something with some meat on it, and a bit of a strut to it.

Thunderstruck, that kind of idea.

Thunderstruck is a proper shout. NA NA NAA NA NA NAA.

I still want Arab Strap's First Big Weekend to become the club anthem though, "Then on Friday night, we went through to the Arches" THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP would be top.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought yesterday was a bit of an improvement drom the DJ, at least what I heard anyway.

The hideous Queen/Proclaimers/Kings of Leon mash ups were absent and we even had Scooter as the team came out for the 2nd half! :D

Must have been reading this thread...

Thought yesterday was a bit of an improvement drom the DJ, at least what I heard anyway.

The hideous Queen/Proclaimers/Kings of Leon mash ups were absent and we even had Scooter as the team came out for the 2nd half! :D

Apart from the rubbish at half time

Not in on time for the BeeGees "You Should Be Dancing" mixed in with "Roxanne" by The Police then?dash2.gif

It was actually me pointing out that I wanted some Madness tunes played at Fir Park whilst getting another cheap dig in at Rangers to be honest, but feel free to rant like fuck though.

It was actually me pointing out that I wanted some Madness tunes played at Fir Park whilst getting another cheap dig in at Rangers to be honest, but feel free to rant like fuck though.

Quality rant though :nod: , go MJC, nodding my head in agreement all the way through, obviously :thumbup:

• Like 1

Well if that's the case then I'm sorry, the rant wasn't aimed at you personally, more a dig at Motherwell supporters who are so terrified about this 'h*n without the busfare' tag that they get all worried and upset whenever they see or hear anything that is remotely similar to Rangers in some way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only decent thing over the tannoy is the police message that goes 'Bing-Bong-Bing-Bong' followed by a monotoned voice saying 'This is a police message to all spectators - the signal you have just heard will be made before an important police message, when you hear this signal please pay close attention to the message and any instructions which follow'.

At least you know where you stand with that message. The rest of it is jumbled up, cringeworthy garbage.