Mr Rae From Wishaw

DEWELL

I have and would never contact the bbc on any media to say anything about my club Finlay. That's one of the reasons i started this thread to highlight that any critisism rightly or wrongly should be done on here. I believe we have a right to our opinions but that guy Rae must be a rocket. <_>

The Scottish red top papers think they are the only worthwhile pundits to give their opinions on Scottish football.

They like to think of themselves as journalists when about 90% of them couldn't spell the word without a Thesaurus.

If only they would stick to reporting what actually happens in games rather than giving their own crap opinions to pander to whichever side of the OF is flavour of the month that day.

Can any of you remember back to the Saturday Red ( Evening Times ) and Saturday Green ( Evening Citizen ) which people used to wait the delivery of on a Saturday night so they could read the reports of the afternoon games ??

No punditry then only somebody writing down what had actually happened at a game.

Of course people get their sports news on TV nowadays but can't help but think it was better in the old days. At least we didn't have to read clowns like Keevins and Traynor spouting pish.

Mon the Dossers.

The Scottish red top papers think they are the only worthwhile pundits to give their opinions on Scottish football.

They like to think of themselves as journalists when about 90% of them couldn't spell the word without a Thesaurus.

If only they would stick to reporting what actually happens in games rather than giving their own crap opinions to pander to whichever side of the OF is flavour of the month that day.

Can any of you remember back to the Saturday Red ( Evening Times ) and Saturday Green ( Evening Citizen ) which people used to wait the delivery of on a Saturday night so they could read the reports of the afternoon games ??

No punditry then only somebody writing down what had actually happened at a game.

Of course people get their sports news on TV nowadays but can't help but think it was better in the old days. At least we didn't have to read clowns like Keevins and Traynor spouting pish.

Mon the Dossers.

Here's a quotation from a 1937 Hollywood movie called "Nothing Sacred":

"I'll tell you briefly what I think of newspapermen. The hand of God, reaching down into the mire, couldn't elevate one of them to the depths of degradation."

Nothing much has changed in 75 years then.

I like Hugh Keevins. He may have a very negative outlook on the Scottish game but he says what he thinks and doesn't hide behind cliches and I very often find myself in total agreement with him, as I do right now with his belief that Scottish football is in dire straights.

Hugh Keevins is only interested in two clubs though, but he does not and never has tried to pretend otherwise unlike some other hacks and while his points of view often have something of a sensationalist element to them they are usually more or less on the mark. That's why I have a lot of respect for him and love listening to the Clyde 1 phone in when he's on because it's amusing hearing all the nuggets moaning at him for not trying to make out all is rosy in the gardens

He may have a very negative outlook on the Scottish game but he says what he thinks and doesn't hide behind cliches

I disagree. He says what he thinks will generate the most reactions from listeners. I don't have an issue with that as it's his job to pull in angry punters. I don't, however, confuse it with what he really believes.

• Like 5

I like Hugh Keevins. He may have a very negative outlook on the Scottish game but he says what he thinks and doesn't hide behind cliches and I very often find myself in total agreement with him, as I do right now with his belief that Scottish football is in dire straights.

Hugh Keevins is only interested in two clubs though, but he does not and never has tried to pretend otherwise unlike some other hacks and while his points of view often have something of a sensationalist element to them they are usually more or less on the mark. That's why I have a lot of respect for him and love listening to the Clyde 1 phone in when he's on because it's amusing hearing all the nuggets moaning at him for not trying to make out all is rosy in the gardens

You do actually have something in commons with keevins- the pish you both spout!!

• Like 2

Mr Megative of the Motherwell support likes Mr Negative of the media world. Who'd have thought it?