Levante Travel

WellMartyn

Anybody know whats the best area for fans to gather/drink the day of the game, what area is looking the best for this?

I had a look last night to see where we were staying in relation to the city centre etc, and it looks like the stadium is about 2-3km out from the city centre. It has a metro stop, but would probably need to change trains to get from either of the main squares or drinking areas to stadium, not sure what there is down at the beach? But the metro runs direct from the beach (platja de les arenes) to the stadium.

1345888861[/url]' post='357451']

I had a look last night to see where we were staying in relation to the city centre etc, and it looks like the stadium is about 2-3km out from the city centre. It has a metro stop, but would probably need to change trains to get from either of the main squares or drinking areas to stadium, not sure what there is down at the beach? But the metro runs direct from the beach (platja de les arenes) to the stadium.

The metro service is quite spare, sometimes 10 minutes between trains. The beachfront is mainly hotels and a few seafood restaurants, no real bars to speak of. There is a small centre, where there are a couple of tapas bars and restaurants. Valencia is quite spread out. For a city it's quite low key, compared to Barcelona and Madrid and more dedicated to local tourism than overseas. All in all it's a great city though.

My folks went across yesterday and said it was roasting (38 degrees) so I think I will melt. Thay said it seems a fantastic city with a buzzing atmosphere when they went out last night for some tapas.

Really looking forward to it now.

One thing though, they flew in to Alicante and hadn't booked train tickets. They ended up having to hang about Alicante a while for their train but they said the station was alright and the train was a lot better than here.

I was looking for something classier than portaloos and a man with a pallet of water bottles - it was the Olympic Stadium

totally agree, it was disgraceful, worst stadium facilities I've seen since visiting East Stirlingshire in early 80's. I happen to think the wings of the POD were safer areas than what we were given in Athens. A steep deathtrap - look how many folks fell FFS. What happened to UEFA's "pop-up seat" rules ?????

Cheers Levanteguest, and welcome to steelmenonline. I'm sure folks will appreciate the info you have to offer.

Best of luck in the Group stages. :thumbup:

Hello from Valencia

I have registered here a week ago but the administrator did not activate my account until now.

I will try to answer every question that you have about my team, my city or my country :-)

You can travel here without tickets because we are not goint to sell all the tickets.

Muchas Gracias Levanteguest,

Where would be a good place for Motherwell fans to meet and have a beer on the afternoon of the game ?

Will the Metro to Machado be best way to get to the stadium before the match?

Gracias

Muchas Gracias Levanteguest,

Where would be a good place for Motherwell fans to meet and have a beer on the afternoon of the game ?

Will the Metro to Machado be best way to get to the stadium before the match?

Gracias

About Metro, yes, Machado is the nearest station. And about good places for beer i have responded in the other post:

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=13054&view=findpost&p=357677

Hi guys,

I have easy jet flights booked for Glasgow to Gatwick 7.05 then Gatwick to Alicante 11 20am Wednesday 29/4/2012

Return flight alicante to Glasgow 13.25 friday 31/8/2012

For one person n all the flights cost me £280.

The name changes would cost £75( 25 quid per flight)

due to family ill health unable to go.

anybody interested

£180 quid return will name changes paid

Dave

No thanks matey, I will pass on the room share.

Volkach was bad enough - Stuck in deepest Transylvania with a stonking sore head after squeezing about 8 of us in a merc taxi to go to a local wine festival.

PM me your number and i'll buy you a beer when you get over.