Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

We may as well get this thread underway for discussion on tickets, team news and so forth.

Having a look at their squad there isn't anyone who immediately jumps out at me. A few Spanish names that I think I may have heard before, but I'm not entirely sure.

I know it's a tired cliche, but we may actually have something of a chance here.

From their forums it sounds like they are the Spanish version of us:

I read their forums, and speak highly of us .. scares me a bit as always happens to us .. when we have a weak opponent so confident that we will lose ... to see if this time we go with the record straight, without underestimating the opponent, and give everything.

And just for steelboy :P

For me, his two best players are the front of 22 and 21 years, Murphy and Higdon.

Arouna Kone looks good for them. 17 goals in 34 games last season in La Liga. El zhar from what I can remember from watching games in England was horrible for Liverpool but they did not finish 6th in La Liga last season from just luck only 3 points away from big spending Malaga in the Champions League spaces.

I'll view this game in the same way as against Odense. Great chance to go through but if we get beat it will be by a decent team.

And anyone have any idea when tickets are going on sale? cheers.gif

Give the ticket office a phone , as soon as they open in the morning and then every ten minutes after should do the trick , at five minute intervals in between you could also try giving them a ring up and asking how many we've sold :popcorn:

• Like 1

I agree with mjc that we are heading for a similar aggregate defeat a la pana but as long as the lager over there is cold and relatively cheap and the team try I couldn't give a fuck.

If I could be arsed I would go through all the previous threads that said we had a good chance against the Greeks and have a right good laugh.

We have a team full of league 1 / 2 rejects and kids barely out of high school and some expect us to compete at European level. We have no chance. Our best chance was odense a couple of years ago and we couldn't do that even when they were down to 9men.

• Like 2

We'll get royally creamed over both legs.

Motherwell players and fans alike will give it everythng over two legs If we lose, we lose, but we'll not be humiliated. Garbage like the stuff you post helps no-one, FFS.

• Like 1

While not a household name, it would require a miracle for us to beat a team playing regularly against the worlds greatest players and teams.

We could catch them cold at fir park in the early stages if they are feeling nervous about their first european outing; but unlikely to be intimidated by us.

Hopefully we can learn from the last round that if we are gifted with possession for an hour and do nothing with it, then we need to adapt and maybe just launch balls into the box and hope they cant handle an aerial assault.

Who knows what Levante wil be like. They got relegated in 2005 and 2008 Their record is all over the place.

2004 - 05 position 18 relegated

2005 - 06 position 3 in DIv 2 promoted

2006 - 07 position 15

2007 - 08 position 20 relegated

2008 - 09 position 8 in DIv 2

2009 - 10 position 3 in DIv 2 promoted

2010 - 11 position 14

2011 - 12 position 6

While i stated that you have to believe you are in with a shout against any 6th place team some of my esteemed fellow well fans were kind enough to point out exceptions like Cheleas and Inter. However, i think my point certainly applies to this team.

We have never been that far off it at this stage of the competition. 3rd time lucky, c'mon well!

I would love to make the group stages, just once, then maybe sneek through a la aberdeen and face a giant.

Then we would have that over Aberdeen too, which would be great - because I hate them thumbup.gif