Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

I remember it was the same for the away Aalesunds game, no stream for the first half and then we got one for the second but by then the pub had all but emptied- surprised that there's no stream for this one though, considering even Flamurtari away had one, but what can you do?

I think the thing that pisses me of most is our lack of attempts on goal, again tonight the stats at the minute read Shots 16 v 4 On Target 5 v 2 Corners 8 v 2.

From 16 shots on goal Levante have had 5 on Target and 8 Corners!

If we have more shots then it figures we get more on target which should lead to goals, 4 games in Europe and we have yet to score a goal wallbash.gif

Hope Dazzers not listening to this commentary. Crags..... "We all know Chris Humphrey can change a game, we all know he's got potential, unfortunately their are huge question marks over other parts of his game!"

:laugh:

Wonder if he brought this up much over the last three years!

Well a narrow defeat and not an embarrasment but still no goals in four European fixtures. After the game last Thursday I began to focus on St Mirren and ICT. Tonight didn't mean too much to me as it seemed 100% certain how it would go. Now the Euro run is over.......I'm glad it is. A very odd feeling and I hope if we return to that stage again I don't feel like that once more.

SPL and League Cup now. Bring it on!!!!

Lads that played done us proud tonight. They didn't deserve, in my opinion, to lose tonights game.

Having said that they've set their standards tonight, and given the managers focus has been on Sunday for a long time, pressure on him for a result with the non fit players back in I'd presume.

Especially pleased for pagey, often hard done by over the past few seasons, thought he was really good.

think some of the performances deserve major credit, even at full strength we would struggle to find any kind of result here.. the age of the squad was scary but they gave a good account of themselves and the head's didn't go down and it puts us in good shape for the rest of the season knowing we have a good crop of young players ready to play in the first team, would have been great to get a wee goal at least but just wasn't to be!

The Sun is reporting that we impressed the Levante fans so much that 'their drummer led the support in a chant slauting Mccall's men' or something to that effect.

Any know about that?

As they were leaving the stadium they started to chant Motherwell, Motherwell in response to the Well fans at the other end of the ground. You could also hear them chanting in the streets when the Well fans were allowed to leave the stadium. It would appear we will be forever a huge part of their history given this was their first ever home European tie, and the friendliness between the two clubs.

Great to hear! We as 'Well fans are quite liked everywhere we go. Heard some cracking stories from Athens etc, and the reception we got in Nancy at the end of the game was magic as well.

Makes you right proud to be a 'Well fan...

I ditto that.................................. and unless someone who was in Valencia gives me a reason to do otherwise, I'll be rooting for Levante in the rest of the Tourny, and La Liga. A privilege I certainly never awarded to the drama queens of Katowice, Dortmund, Odense & Panathincheatos.

Viva Levante :thumbup:

• Like 1