Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

I ditto that.................................. and unless someone who was in Valencia gives me a reason to do otherwise, I'll be rooting for Levante in the rest of the Tourny, and La Liga. A privilege I certainly never awarded to the drama queens of Katowice, Dortmund, Odense & Panathincheatos.

Viva Levante :thumbup:

Guid auld fashioned fitba team! Their centre halfs would be immense in the SPL!

This love in with levante is alot of balls, their fans could for the most part couldn't be arsed, massive game and they couldn't give a fuck. fuck them, hope they get rode every game they play in the europa league. Thought we were being polite singing "adios" instead of cherio at the end, thats when they began loving us, clueless fucks, don't get the friendly shite here, levante and their fans had no right to show us the disrespect they did by their no show.

• Like 2

This love in with levante is alot of balls, their fans could for the most part couldn't be arsed, massive game and they couldn't give a fuck. fuck them, hope they get rode every game they play in the europa league. Thought we were being polite singing "adios" instead of cherio at the end, thats when they began loving us, clueless fucks, don't get the friendly shite here, levante and their fans had no right to show us the disrespect they did by their no show.

A love in? A few folk have posted they had a great time over there and were well received. A few folk from their end posted they had a great time in Motherwell and were well received.

Disrespect us by their no show! Do you realise how daft that sounds? :laugh:

Is it only Aelusund folk are allowed to go over and have a good a time, mix with the locals, create new friendships, forge links because a number in your group have done so?

Don't often post on here - but couldn't let that one pass. My mates and I went drinking in the bars near the stadium instead of the Irish bar in town and as soon as we got there, a Levante fan paid for our round and another came over 5 mins later, took us to their little social club and I've never experienced a sincere welcome like it despite following 'Well all over the place for years and having been on the majority of Euro away trips. It was their first Euro game and they were pleased to have us there. I talked to loads of those guys and their outlook as a support is much the same as ours - we've got a lot in common with them. After the game, a guy came up to us without us asking and offered to walk us to the Metro station. Even on the train, people were happy to come up and shake hands or whatever. I know when we're being patronised as we have seen that - but this came over as completely sincere and to me, it's what makes a good away trip into a brilliant one. I only support 'Well have never given a toss about English football or anything else - but Levante are a team and a support that I will always wish well.

• Like 2

This love in with levante is alot of balls, their fans could for the most part couldn't be arsed, massive game and they couldn't give a fuck. fuck them, hope they get rode every game they play in the europa league. Thought we were being polite singing "adios" instead of cherio at the end, thats when they began loving us, clueless fucks, don't get the friendly shite here,

:lol:

levante and their fans had no right to show us the disrespect they did by their no show.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just back. Got stung by liligo scam and ended up havin to fork out all over again. Ended up staying in Benidorm but the Ibrox bar ran a bus for 50 fans to Valencia and back which only cost us 20euros. It was all worth it in the end. Great trip. One of the most amazing things i've ever seen was when levante scored, they played this dance tune and about 80% of the Motherwell crowd just started dancing! They must have thought we were mad.

Got back about 11 o'clock last night. Valencia was my 5th trip away with the 'Well and by far the best. Quality three days and Wednesday afternoon/night in Finnegans was quality. Sure most of the locals must have wondered what was going on in there Wednesday night. Met up with some great Motherwell fans we had never spoke to before and had some real good laughs and chats with them. Really glad we decided to go after missing Athens.

EDIT - Also Craigan was quality on Wednesday night, spent so much time with the 'Well fans in the pub as you wanted to chat to him. Must have spent the best part of 5 or 6 hours in the pub with the 'well fans drinking.

Best three days in a long time :cheers:

• Like 1

another great trip. valencia is a cracking city and we also managed to fit in a good night out in alicante and an enjoyable aftenoon in tarragona.

i thought every single player done us proud out there. to see such a young team work so hard and hold their own for long periods was amazing. it's a shame humphrey blew the chance at the end as it would have been good to have scored in europe this season.

cummins and kerr were extremely impressive again. kerr looks like he has been playing first team football for years and if he keeps this form up he'll no doubt be back at birmingham before long.

Mental. Just mental.

Ooooooooft, what a trip!

From chatting and singing songs with Craggs in Finnegans on Wednesday night (and ending up in bed alongside the minibar in our room blink.gif), to poolside drinking on the roof of the Eurostars Thursday afternoon with a guy from Wishaw who claimed to be my dad (he even guessed my mums name first time laugh1.gif), to being in the square kicking a ball about / getting a sing-song / being engulfed in smoke bombs etc before the match, to the match itself and the great performance by the players and fans, and finally onto going out on the friday night and not making it back to our hotel until 9am yesterday morning (the nightclub was open till 7am!!!!). The trip had everything and then some!

Europe again next year please!!!

Ooooooooft, what a trip!

From chatting and singing songs with Craggs in Finnegans on Wednesday night (and ending up in bed alongside the minibar in our room blink.gif), to poolside drinking on the roof of the Eurostars Thursday afternoon with a guy from Wishaw who claimed to be my dad (he even guessed my mums name first time laugh1.gif), to being in the square kicking a ball about / getting a sing-song / being engulfed in smoke bombs etc before the match, to the match itself and the great performance by the players and fans, and finally onto going out on the friday night and not making it back to our hotel until 9am yesterday morning (the nightclub was open till 7am!!!!). The trip had everything and then some!

Europe again next year please!!!

Yer dad with the tommy coyne shorts and the 'training top' on which he claimed was a home top from the nineties!!!!He was with us, we lost him after the match, only to find him on our return to the Eurostars at 3am Friday morning waiting up for us sitting perched on the end of his bed in only Calvin kleins with the hotel door open!!!!! Mental absolutely mental...... So many memories from this trip which will last a lifetime. Once again cracking trip

Yer dad with the tommy coyne shorts and the 'training top' on which he claimed was a home top from the nineties!!!!He was with us, we lost him after the match, only to find him on our return to the Eurostars at 3am Friday morning waiting up for us sitting perched on the end of his bed in only Calvin kleins with the hotel door open!!!!! Mental absolutely mental...... So many memories from this trip which will last a lifetime. Once again cracking trip

Was next door to me, standing at door in his ys when I got back about 2.30.

Asked him if he was waiting on some hookers, he replied "naw, I'm looking for ma two pals".

Quality thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Can only echo the previous posters in congratulating Levante and wishing them all the best. Their fans and the people of Valencia made us very welcome. Same stories to tell re Craggs and Eurostars Hotel. Have to tell about going to Mestalla stadium with Glenmorangie and my mate Glenn. Enjoyed the tour and spent a few hours with Manolo - El Del Bombo in his bar getting photos with his drum and hat etc. Then he goes and gets his Merc out and drives us across the city to Eurostars Hotel. A real Amigo.

I had a tremendous trip and only spoke to one Levante fan but he was really friendly and they do seem to have quite a lot in common with us although they operate on a larger scale than we do. They seem to be pretty much ignored in their city - I only saw a few Valencia tops in amongst all the Barca and Real Madrid tops and no Levate tops at all. They're completely overshadowed by Valencia who don't really take them seriously but it's a huge deal to them when they have a derby. They guy we spoke to thought the last time they beat Valencia was about 6 years ago which isn't as bad as our record with Rangers!

Great atmosphere in the square at the cathedral after the game and the memories of the old busker will stay a long time in the memory.

The one thing that has surprised having read the comments on the game itself is how little has been made of Higdon's disallowed goal at the very start of the game. We had players in offside positions in the middle when the free-kick came in but Higdon most definitely came round the back from an onside position. I was certain at the time and I've since seen a camera recording to confirm it. Considering the decisions taken to allow their first goal in the home leg it was very annoying. Don't get me wrong, they had far more chances and deserved to go through but an early goal could have changed the whole pattern of the match.

Anyway, a great trip and even the missed flight connection and lost suitcase only added to the adventure.