Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

We'll get royally creamed over both legs.

Rocking the pessimistic gimmick into the new season, eh?

I figure we'll likely put in a decent performance at home, maybe getting a draw but probably losing narrowly, and lose by maybe two or three away. Not the worst I guess, but hopefully we can throw a spanner in the works.

It'll be a good occasion regardless.

I asked a mate who works in Barcelona as an agent for Spanish players how good Levante are and this was his reply.

Not a bad team. Perennialfavourite for relegation, but surprised many teams last season. They did nottravel too well so you should get a result at home."

If we went into the 2nd lg with a chance then that would do me.

:yahoo:

Visited their website today and was redirected to some article where a Levante fan was saying how they are always soaking up

pressure and only score from set pieces and on the counter-attack.

that was from one of their own so I think we might just get a wee result against them.

Mon the Dossers

they've released a list of registered players for the play off

Relación de los jugadores inscritos por el Levante U.D. para afrontar la eliminatoria, a doble confrontación, de acceso a la Liga Europea que la sociedad granota disputará ante el Motherwell escocés en las fechas del 23 y 30 de agosto.

PORTEROS

Munúa

Keylor Navas

DEFENSORES

Nikos

Pedro López

David Navarro

Hector Rodas

Ballesteros

Lell

Juanfran

CENTROCAMPISTAS

Diop

Michel

Pallardó

Juanlu

Barkero

Oscar Serrano

Pedro Ríos

El Zhar

Iborra

DELANTEROS

Ángel

Koné

Visited their website today and was redirected to some article where a Levante fan was saying how they are always soaking up

pressure and only score from set pieces and on the counter-attack.

that was from one of their own so I think we might just get a wee result against them.

Mon the Dossers

You didn't see the goals we lost against Panathanaikos then?

There's a small wee queue of around 20 at the ticket office just now, it's moving reasonably quickly but not getting any shorter as more people join. Just heard one lad saying he was up early this morning and the queue was around 100 yards long.

Encouraging to say the least.

looks like Levante are going to lose there main player in Arouna Kone to Wigan but have brought in Theofanis Gekas to replace him, not as good but still a decent striker, definitely better for our chances though

but will Gekas be registered to play in the Europa league, squads have to be submitted ??days in advance

looks like Levante are going to lose there main player in Arouna Kone to Wigan but have brought in Theofanis Gekas to replace him, not as good but still a decent striker, definitely better for our chances though

but will Gekas be registered to play in the Europa league, squads have to be submitted ??days in advance

UEFA regulations rule 18.14 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, after the above-mentioned

qualifying dates, one player on List A may be changed until 24.00 CET on

the day before the relevant first-leg match, provided that the club’s national

association confirms in writing that the new player is eligible to play at

domestic level at this time.

so they can add one player to to the list on the previous page before next Thursday

:ph34r: so could we