Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

Got ma ticket this morning (only one person serving at the tkt office....)

Anyhoo.....how many Levante fans are we expecting to travel for 1st leg (more than the 190 odd Panathinaikos fans who made the trip,,,) ?

They must bring more than the panathinaikos fans did, Everton managed to bring about 3 000 fans to the Stevie Hammell Testimonial and that wasn't as big as this match will be. There should be trains from Valencia to Glasgow Central/St Pancreas.

1345307883[/url]' post='356226']

They must bring more than the panathinaikos fans did, Everton managed to bring about 3 000 fans to the Stevie Hammell Testimonial and that wasn't as big as this match will be. There should be trains from Valencia to Glasgow Central/St Pancreas.

Did they? What were they dressed as? Claret plastic seats? I'll wager you tell yer missus that your prick is 3 times bigger than it is...

• Like 1

This was Sevilla fans, coincidentally at a game vs levante last season. I'd guess this is how most Spanish fans feel about barca and real Madrid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwD3lnhV-k8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Certainly seems to be the case. I mean, with the Old Firm the game here is skewed towards them, but that's nothing compared to the imbalance in Spain. Madrid and Barcelona get something daft like 75-80% of the TV money, with the rest split between the league, as well as Barca and Madrid effectively being funded by the banks. Colossal imbalance.

If you watch the clip it says they get 50% of TV money and the other 50% is split between the other 18!

And they held up the kick-off of this game so TV could show the managers' interviews from the Real v Barca game. That's worse than anything we'd get here.

Real and Barcelona get more money from TV than anyother club in the world. Even the Premiership can't match them. Meanwhile, the team in third on average will get less than the team relegated from the Premier League.

Saying that though, the team that ends bottom of La Liga will have more than the whole SPL gets in a season....

I have the proud record of having seen all our home European ties but I won't make it to this one unfortunately as it was too short notice for me to get the evening off work.

It will be another colossal task, the gap in finances is huge, but I just hope that we give a good account of our selves, if we do that there is always an outside chance we could get a result.

Providing we can learn from the two Panathanaikos games with regards to rash challenges around our box and a naiveity of being caught on the break at both home and away legs, I reckon we will do OK on Thurs.

Panathanaikos was a massive learning curve but at the same time both of the games we played OK and this should stand us in good stead for the Levante tie.

Cheers Wellfan. That's the one I tried for Scotland game. I'm a bit of a technophobe so anything I need to do to get a decent stream and avoid screen freezing?

Not as far as I know, although I'm no tech wizkid either but sure there are others that could provide more info. All I do is watch it on full screen and ignore everything else while watching something on there, and I watch all Real Mallorca games and I also watched the Skins @ Bears this morning - all were really good quality imo

Providing we can learn from the two Panathanaikos games with regards to rash challenges around our box and a naiveity of being caught on the break at both home and away legs, I reckon we will do OK on Thurs.

Panathanaikos was a massive learning curve but at the same time both of the games we played OK and this should stand us in good stead for the Levante tie.

I hope you are right. Some of our squad are building up a fair bit of European experience behind them now if you take the number of appearances on its own.

Maybe this is the wrong term but the games against the more difficult opposition have been generally spread a couple of years apart so its debatable whether the lessons learned opposition like Nancy, Steaua and Odense have been forgotten a little by the time the next game against "better" opposition has come around.

With that gap between Panathinaikos and Levante being no more than a couple of weeks, as you say I hope the lessons learned there will be much fresher in the mind.

As for the game itself, whilst its maybe not the Champions League we were all so looking forward to its only Sunday and I'm already as excited as fuck!

Off topic a little, but this Levante v Atletico game tonight(ko 10pm our time I think) - what's the best online stream for the match?Fancy seeing what they are all about before Thursday's game! Tried to watch the Scotland game midweek and it kept freezing.

Cheers in advance.

Are you sure it's 10pm are Spain not 1hr ahead?

watched most of it. looked really good first half in particular. fast, strong & great on the ball. seemed to tire second half though and resorted to time wasting etc as athletico got into their stride

Thought they were totally outplayed by Athletico. Not a great insight for what we will face on Thursday, but I'm sure Bobby Jenks and co will have picked up some more pointers than me!