U20 Fixtures

well_army

Hollis, Ramsden, Francis-Angol, Carswell, Murray, Page, Watt, Hetherington, Erwin Shirkie , Moore, Daley

Team that is playing up at Dens at present, Big Lee Erwin pulling out in the warm up

Ramsden, Daley & Francis Angol, played the first 65 minutes so will probably still be in with a shout for Wednesday

! Hollis just red carded? get the rule book out, ??

U/20's did well given the conditions and ending up with 10 men and Page in goals.

Dundee were neat and tidy but never really troubled the 'Well backline and only some wayward finishing kept the result in doubt.

Hollis's red card was harsh to say the least. Dee player was forced wide, Hollis dived at his feet and seemed to get a touch plus Murray had made it back onto the line.

McCall nearly blew a gasket, which prompted some less than complimentary shouts from the local 'peh eating' neds :rolleyes:

Hollis, Ramsden, Francis-Angol, Carswell, Murray, Page, Watt, Hetherington, Erwin Shirkie , Moore, Daley

Team that is playing up at Dens at present, Big Lee Erwin pulling out in the warm up

Ramsden, Daley & Francis Angol, played the first 65 minutes so will probably still be in with a shout for Wednesday

! Hollis just red carded? get the rule book out, ??

Bad news re Erwin, he was scheduled for an op on his knee tonight. From what I heard seems it's his cartilage that has 'gone'.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery !

Wee reminder the U/20's are in Scottish Cup action on Sunday at Methil with a 1pm KO.

Just back from arguably the most abject display I have seen from the Well u19s or U 20s.

There was a total lack of composure and clinicalness from the forwards, a lack of graft and guile from the midfield and a lack of drive from the defence.

I would like to be able to say East Fife produced a great battling, backs to the wall performance to earn their win, but in all honesty they were utter gash and had this win gifted to them by what I can only describe as an inept Well showing.

The Fifers had possibly 3 shots in the game, I reckon, and one of them was the penalty.

I am having to eat a large slice of humble pie after touting 3 players from this group yesterday !

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

As a wee aside, I forgot to add coz of my rage, the hospitality at Bayview provided by the EFFC staff was outstanding, well done to you !

Just back

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

the gaffer has similar feelings:

“I’m angry, embarrassed and there can be no excuses from the lads. There are no hiding places but credit to East Fife who showed a great attitude.

“We started well but after fifteen minutes the whole gameplan went out the window and we were getting caught offside too much and trying the hard ball when nobody wanted to do the hard work of getting the ball down and playing the simple stuff that would have got us through.

“We can take loads from this game but unfortunately most are negatives”

It probably doesn't help that a good number of our U20s have to play for the first team.

Which is a true point.

Noah, what is going on at this level at the moment? I think we have played five or six games, winning one and losing the rest. Some of these games have featured the likes of Hollis, Carswell, Daley, Hetherington, and McHugh.

These players not taking the U20 fixtures seriously? Playing with much younger team mates who are struggling with the step up? The youth players at rival Clubs being of a better standard? The management not being the best? A bit of everything?

I wish we could see the return of the reserve league.

Which is a true point.

Noah, what is going on at this level at the moment? I think we have played five or six games, winning one and losing the rest. Some of these games have featured the likes of Hollis, Carswell, Daley, Hetherington, and McHugh.

These players not taking the U20 fixtures seriously? Playing with much younger team mates who are struggling with the step up? The youth players at rival Clubs being of a better standard? The management not being the best? A bit of everything?

Probs a bit of eveything.

To be honest I think some of the youngsters have been thrown in this season without proper preparation.

The disgrace of not having a coach in place for the start of the season has left the boys about 6 weeks behind the other teams.

The young lads who came up from the 17's, have imho, been let down by the club given that they are now playing pro football and were left without games and Bobby Jenks and the physio Stokesy taking pre season.

The older ones who have been with the 1st team esp Carswell and Hetherington looked rusty, which isn't surprising given their lack of game time.

There is also a lack of consistency of selection as, rightly, older players need 'a run' leaving the younger ones on the bench on a regular basis.

In today's game only 1 or 2 of the team were willing to take any responsibility and the lack of urgency shown by a couple of individuals was shocking.

You are right the Reserve League should have been re-instated, but the guys have just got to get on with what is in place.

I reckon it's going to be a long hard season ahead for this group but some of them really have to have a long think about what they are producing.

Which is a true point.

Yes I would as well. First team, Reserves and the youth league U20s.

And how the fuck would we finance all that.....one of the reasons already given for the recent poor showing of the '20's is that there are so many lads eligible for that group already part of our 1st team squad, and therefore are relying on even younger kids to play for '20's.

Duh really? read my post again...not my problem how to finance that. I just agreed with Finlay about the reserve league coming back and threw in the U20s league.