U20 Fixtures

well_army

Hard performance to summarise tonight.

1st half fairly even 0-0

2nd half Well went 1 up then conceded 2 soft goals, albeit 2nd was offside,

Well seemed to huff and puff a bit tonight.

JJ's tactics I feel are contributing to the difficulties a wee bit (if they are his tactics that is), playing a 4 man midfield with 2 wide players who are not natural midfielders is imho asking for trouble. Dunfermline had plenty of space in midfield and as such a lot of the play without really hurting Well.

He also wants the defence to play a 'high line' and get out quickly. This is all good and well but it is obvious some players are not used to this and have a natural inclination to go with a man or step back rather than forward.

All in all I felt the Pars deserved their win tonight although it took a terrific save from their keeper to ensure the 3 points stayed in Fife.

Once again the hospitality shown by a Fife club was 1st class! l

Hard performance to summarise tonight.

1st half fairly even 0-0

2nd half Well went 1 up then conceded 2 soft goals, albeit 2nd was offside,

Well seemed to huff and puff a bit tonight.

JJ's tactics I feel are contributing to the difficulties a wee bit (if they are his tactics that is), playing a 4 man midfield with 2 wide players who are not natural midfielders is imho asking for trouble. Dunfermline had plenty of space in midfield and as such a lot of the play without really hurting Well.

He also wants the defence to play a 'high line' and get out quickly. This is all good and well but it is obvious some players are not used to this and have a natural inclination to go with a man or step back rather than forward.

All in all I felt the Pars deserved their win tonight although it took a terrific save from their keeper to ensure the 3 points stayed in Fife.

Once again the hospitality shown by a Fife club was 1st class! l

Sounds similar to many of the difficulties the 1st team face, I often wonder if there is a blueprint of sorts to play a certain way (The Motherwell Way if you will) which is adhered to at all levels to allow progression from one level to another fairly seamlessly.

If so then do the negatives outweigh any positives or vice versa?

Sounds similar to many of the difficulties the 1st team face, I often wonder if there is a blueprint of sorts to play a certain way (The Motherwell Way if you will) which is adhered to at all levels to allow progression from one level to another fairly seamlessly.

If so then do the negatives outweigh any positives or vice versa?

Think you may have a point here. I would like to say it is still early days for JJ having arrived well after season started. I am also not being critical of the players as several of them are playing outwith their natural poistions.

I would hope the team is playing to a club 'blueprint' but can't really comment as I don't see a lot of 1st team matches.

Anyway things can only get better !

• Like 1

Think you may have a point here. I would like to say it is still early days for JJ having arrived well after season started. I am also not being critical of the players as several of them are playing outwith their natural poistions.

I would hope the team is playing to a club 'blueprint' but can't really comment as I don't see a lot of 1st team matches.

Anyway things can only get better !

Thanks for all the updates on the U20's Noah :cheers:

V Dundee UTD to night 7:00pm KO @ FP three quid tae get in....usuall suspects going along?

There should be full commentary tonight on MFCTV as well from Kris Jack and myself. Happy to provide a service to keep people informed and add to whole match day experience for the boys playing.

• Like 1

Bit of a hard one to take again.

Better display against a very slick and confident Utd XI.

Feel draw was probably fair result.

0-0H/T

Utd went 2 up before Well pulled one back through Moore.

Sickening clash of heads involving 2 Utd defenders held game up. Young Utd player was stretchered off and seems to have received a bad injury with possible jaw and cheek fractures.

Utd scored the vital 3rd goal followed shortly by McHugh scoring to provide an interesting last few minutes.

There was a wee improvement shown but still feel there is a lack of confidence showing and some of the youngsters are trying to play safe rather than trusting their talents and skill.

I am sure you'll join me in hoping the Utd lad's injury is not serious and he makes a speedy recovery either way.

• Like 1

Quick update re the DUFC player.

Good news the youngster suffered muscle injuries to his jaw, neck and back. No fractures !

Should be back playing in about 3 -4 weeks.

Further to that, after being kept in for observation last night he's been released from hospital now with doctors not expecting any lasting damage.

Josh Watt out on loan to Airdrie.

Thoughts Noah?

Team wise for the U/20's leaves them a bit short of older players, if you see what I mean.

For the player I reckon it's a good move as he will learn more and have to adapt to a fairly reasonable standard of match quickly.

IMHO he has not shown his best so far this season and a change of opposition and teammates might just be what the doc ordered. Would like to think he will come back a bit 'streetwiser' and with a better final delivery.

Good luck to the lad

Noticed we had a trialist come on last night. Was it Bossekota?

Don't think so.

Just watched the highlights and ouch !

Don't suppose there is much can be done about individual mistakes, but I reckon confidence is shot.

The younger boys who have come in are suffering from a lack of pre season and 'bedding in', couple that with the lack of use of the older boys who are being used

in the 1st team and it's not hard to work out it will be a long hard season.

Only way is up !