U20 Fixtures

well_army

From the 'fishal twitter today

Motherwell FC ‏@MotherwellFC

The U20s are back in action tomorrow night when they face @acciesfc at New Douglas Park. Kick-off is 7pm - entry is free (donations welcome)

Update:

Motherwell FC ‏@MotherwellFC

Due to the recent bad weather, tomorrow's U20s match with @acciesfc has been switched to Airdrie's Excelsior Stadium with a 2pm kick-off.

Think that's putting it mildly.

He was appointed after the boys started back so a wee bit of leeway was rightly given to him.

However there does seem to be an overall lack of direction with the U/20's.

I think the main problem is he is just too nice a guy and as a result maybe lacks a wee bit of respect from the boys.

Having said that Kenny Black is more often than not in the dugout as well, and he does most of the shouting.

From what I see and hear the younger boys have had a far easier introduction to pro football under JJ than previous squads

under C McCart or G Young.

Cheers for that insight Noah. When you say ' a far easier introduction', you just re-iterating that he's too soft ??

Cheers for that insight Noah. When you say ' a far easier introduction', you just re-iterating that he's too soft ??

Not fudging this but I think it's more he tries to be authoritative but he does not appear to have the 'nasty' edge that is needed in a coach and the youngsters have cottoned on to this.

I can't and won't be overly critical but there does seem to be a slackness about some of the boys that I didn't see under the previous HOYD.

Maybe it's his style and in the long term it will prove the right way but i'm afraid at this moment the jury is out.

Is Gordon Young still at the club and in what role?

He's Academy Director - in charge of the youth system from the wee ones right up to u17s.

Under rules intrroduced for the start of this season by the SFA, the Academy Director cannot also be the u20s coach, which is why JJ was brought in. Previously our Head of Youth did both jobs.

Hard to call LD, seems there may be a bit of divided opinion as to where he should play.

The lad Cummins recently signed a new contract and Murray is getting back to form after injury, so IMHO dependent on his contract situation he may not feature too often, as SM begins building and planning for next season.

From what I have seen he is match fit now and wouldn't let the team down, but I just have the feeling he is down the order now. (cue injuries and suspensions on a Biblical scale at the back :rolleyes:)

Do U20 managers have the same results-based pressure as first-team gaffers? If so, JJ must be on a shoogley peg.

A very young and inexperienced under 20 squad this season so its going tae be tough for them ,should get a better picture next season . Over and above that the whole youth set up was revamped so its very much a transition phase at the moment. So for me JJ is safe . On another note anyone have any idea how the young Morton player who was on trial with us a few months ago did ?

U/20's at home to Aberdeen this afternoon, 2pm KO.

Reckon a strong 'Well side will be in action.

Feel the club missed a trick here and should have tried to have game played yesterday at 2pm, when most people were off. I accept there are alternatives and it's a family day but I think it would have brought in a fair crowd compared to 2pm today.

Another wee complaint in as much that there have been no refreshment kiosks open at the last couple of games, when it's been baltic.

Even just opening and serving tea, coffee or Bovril would help. If it costs too much vis a vis staff costs why not use catering jugs in one of the hospitality suites and charge folk £1 a cup.

U/ 20's lost 0-4 to Aberdeen.

Poor performance again, coupled with a bizarre referring performance not a good day for a strong 'Well team.

0-2 at H/ T

Cummins sent off minutes after restart.

Very disjointed performance and more disappointing as very strong team for this level on show!