U20 Fixtures

well_army

The team was bolstered by several players who have turned out for the first team. Its not just a "bad day at the office" this was a really poor performance and result .Nobody on today's showing looks ready to make the step up, that includes McHugh, Carswell, Z.F.A, Higgybum and Cummins. First time in a long time that I've seen an under 20,s match and I've got tae say it was schoolboy stuff.

Maybe on today's showing in isolation but Cummins, Carswell, Higgy have all proven in the 1st team they are good enough. McHugh, ZFA also not far away.

I wouldn't say Higginbotham has proven himself. The wondergoal aside, based on his appearances at FP in the first team and at Den's on Saturday, I don't think he's been particularly great.

I actually think he seems to squander the ball frequently and loose possession, more so than any of our other players. It's obvious he's keen, he wants to get involved and I'd love for him to slot into the Murphy role but he's not quite there yet.

In other news, Cummins getting a red card today rules him out for the St Mirren game. He's played more games in the SPL than the U20's so the ban will impact the next match of the league he plays in most frequently. Apart from the kiosks being shut, this was the shittest part of the day for me.

In other news, Cummins getting a red card today rules him out for the St Mirren game. He's played more games in the SPL than the U20's so the ban will impact the next match of the league he plays in most frequently. Apart from the kiosks being shut, this was the shittest part of the day for me.

That's a fucked up rule!

Was it a straight red?

Was it a straight red?

Unfortunately it was, over nothing too.

A daft foul was awarded to Aberdeen, Cummins decided to have a wee word with the ref. It looked pretty civil for about 20 seconds but he must have said something cheeky as the ref started flapping and whipped out a red.

There was a catalogue of odd decisions up to that point so I guess that was just 'the straw that broke the camel's back' for Big Scouse.

• 1 month later...

That's the curtain down on the season for the U/20's.

The boys have come good at the end of the season, 6 games unbeaten, and are starting to show the application and nous needed for the pro game.

Good result last night against a strong Ross County.

I'm sure JJ will have his work cut out now replacing players moving up or out and getting his thoughts through to next season's squad. At least he will have pre- season with them this year.

Good luck to all the youngsters who are staying or going and enjoy your break.

• Like 1

Still perhaps a bit early to judge but has this new under-20s league improved the standard of our youth players? Has it helped to bridge the gap between youths and seniors? Is it significantly better than the previous set-up? It goes without saying that this level of football is of vital importance for us and the other teams that are struggling financially, so is this u-20 league a step in the right direction?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...