U20 Fixtures

well_army

Amberbam you got an personal connection, your post read like a relative rather than general fan, not that it matters really

Game just finished at the creamery, a two nil victory over St Mirren,

Dominic Thomas scoring then setting up Moore

Ainsworth getting game time, and Ross Stewart getting praise in goals

Good to hear, needed a victory. Nothing personal, just in order to improve the 1St team we need to bring youngsters through, so give them a chance. Reading other posts, I thought the players were getn too much criticism, let's not forget, they are not first team players, they still need development. I don't know the figures but sure it's about cash now and I can't see that being enough to risk that development.

Hopefully we can continue to play a couple of first team guys in these games, should help being the young ones on. Still seems a but strange to me that Neilson isn't featuring in these games.

The more reports I read, the name Dim Thomas becomes more prominent....

When I went to the Cowdenbeath game in the summer Dom Thomas, along with Euan Murray were the two young players that stood out to me but in particular Thomas. Lovely left foot, could beat a man, ping a pass and scored a cracking goal with his 'weaker' right foot. A few times he went for the difficult option, the Hollywood pass or to try and beat one man too many but I suppose that's part of the naivety of youth.

He did look an excellent prospect and seems to stick out whenever I watch the U'20's, his only problem is that he's a naturally left sided, attack minded midfield player and we're not exactly short of those with Vigurs, Faddy, ZFA etc.

1379418932[/url]' post='396137']

He came from Bathgate hence why I asked. We played our U20 games at Bathgate a few years and I'm sure if we had any problems injury wise then we wouldn't be going back. I'm also sure the last time our U20's played at the Creamery that some of our groundstaff helped out on a part time basis.

Believe there were issues and Stuart McCall has intimated same.

Everyone was excluded yesterday including at least 2 1st team squad members who turned up only to get knocked back.

Same thing happened at St Mirren last season, good number of parent's, friends etc turned up for a game at Ralston and were politely patched.

Seems 'Well staff either don't know games are behind closed doors or the opposition are deciding this when Well arrive either way that's been a couple of wasted journeys for a few folk.

Everyone was excluded yesterday including at least 2 1st team squad members who turned up only to get knocked back.

Same thing happened at St Mirren last season, good number of parent's, friends etc turned up for a game at Ralston and were politely patched.

Seems 'Well staff either don't know games are behind closed doors or the opposition are deciding this when Well arrive either way that's been a couple of wasted journeys for a few folk.

Cheers, know of one parent through work who was intending to be there.

Friendly involving a few trialists and some young, young ones (if you see what I mean) between Well and Partick Thistle today ended 1-5 to the Jags.

Apparently aniers brother was playing for thistle as a trialist I wonder if he scored?

I liked Craig moores tweet after beating rangers it's nice to see a youth player who hates the old firm as much as we do

1380827669[/url]' post='396973']

Think he might have. From what I heard Ross Forbes basically ran the game for Thistle.

That he did. In a vastly experienced Thistle side including Mark Kerr. Trialists from Everton weren't up to much.

Know anything of a possible return of Scott Leitch in a youth development capacity?