Zaine Francis-Aangol

shanemfc7

Am i the only one who thinks that the club should look to convert him into a left sided winger

Or at least a left back who can play there

this would benefit both the club and the player

we will now have a left footed left winger who can come on and give us another option to attack

he will get more time on the pitch as he is currently behind Mr. Consistency (Hammel) who i cant be see being dropped

anyone have any thoughts on this ?

We all have our opinions. I'd start Ojamaa if he improve his game a little. He has the skills, but doesnt seem to look for the pass. Either way, I agree with the original post that ZFA could be a good winger! Not sure, but how decent is his right foot? Cutting back to spread the ball is a major part of how we play.

Oh no, I dont mean Ojamma has to be dropped full stop . Just saying When he's played a few games, set up none, scored none and hit row Z 70 times, Maybe take him off or even start from ht e bench for a game or two.

If the back pedal was an olympic sport... Starting to think more than a few sit with their back to the action!

I'm sorry, its a matter of opinion. I am not Ojamaa's biggest fan, and would prefer to see him start from the bench. Not because he doesn't have the talent but because he's just not making the impact. As I say, I'm not wanting him immediately dropped because frankly that would be stupid as we currently dont have a better player. BUT, if ZFA was to be a more useful player than Ojamaa, why wouldn't we drop him? Its a team sport, we need to work to the best of our abilities to get the best results.

OnTheFringes, I'm sorry but in the few games I have made it to recently, I've best less than impressed with him.

Higdon has scored none and missed a fair few good chances too but no mention of dropping him? I suppose Higdon's workrate is far better than Ojamaa's or something?

THere are a few players who could be replaced. I picked on OJamaa for no reason other than the fact that i'm not going to go through the entire team player by player. There are arguments for playing him instead of players, as well as playing him off the bench.

1345417654[/url]' post='356366']

I'm sorry, its a matter of opinion. I am not Ojamaa's biggest fan, and would prefer to see him start from the bench. Not because he doesn't have the talent but because he's just not making the impact. As I say, I'm not wanting him immediately dropped because frankly that would be stupid as we currently dont have a better player. BUT, if ZFA was to be a more useful player than Ojamaa, why wouldn't we drop him? Its a team sport, we need to work to the best of our abilities to get the best results.

OnTheFringes, I'm sorry but in the few games I have made it to recently, I've best less than impressed with him.

huh.gif Eh?

For starters... Another top prospect, yes, but, more useful player than Ojamma? Suspect you're struggling with the concept, I'd invest in a 'beginners guide to playing football' if I were you...

Understanding that varied opposition requires some horses for courses thinking, wonder why his various coaches and current first team management haven't fashioned his progress into a more forward role?

huh.gif Eh?

For starters... Another top prospect, yes, but, more useful player than Ojamma? Suspect you're struggling with the concept, I'd invest in a 'beginners guide to playing football' if I were you...

Understanding that varied opposition requires some horses for courses thinking, wonder why his various coaches and current first team management haven't fashioned his progress into a more forward role?

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to word stuff right.

What I mean, is that Ojamaa is our best option at the moment, but if ZFA was able to reach his quality, on the wings, as a winger who would set up more goals than waste chances, would you still rather keep Ojamaa in the team?

I'm not meaning this season or next, but in years to come. Assuming Ojamaa doesn't leave at the end of his contract anyway,

1345455702[/url]' post='356390']

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to word stuff right.

What I mean, is that Ojamaa is our best option at the moment, but if ZFA was able to reach his quality, on the wings, as a winger who would set up more goals than waste chances, would you still rather keep Ojamaa in the team?

I'm not meaning this season or next, but in years to come. Assuming Ojamaa doesn't leave at the end of his contract anyway,

Surely you jest? Two very different players and styles of play so the claim 'to reach his quality' is pretty futile no? Ojamaa EVERY time for me, much the same thinking as current club management...

Motherwell dont have the depth of squad to be able to drop players like Ojamma...you dont have to score lots of Goals to be a good player and have a big influence on games, his pace and movement creates lots of chances for others to convert.

Granted he can be a bit greedy at times when there is a better option available, but he carries a threat and therefore he should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

As much as this is getting off topic, and as much as I'm glad we won on Saturday, I am a bit disappointed that McHugh didn't start in place of Ojaama given he scored the previous week. I know scoring goals isn't the only way strikers can contribute but our young players have to see that if they perform, they'll be rewarded with a place in the team.

This doesn't mean ZFA should start ahead of Hammell but is Ojaama that much more experienced than McHugh?

As much as this is getting off topic, and as much as I'm glad we won on Saturday, I am a bit disappointed that McHugh didn't start in place of Ojaama given he scored the previous week. I know scoring goals isn't the only way strikers can contribute but our young players have to see that if they perform, they'll be rewarded with a place in the team.

This doesn't mean ZFA should start ahead of Hammell but is Ojaama that much more experienced than McHugh?

Wasn't there on Saturday but from what I've read, he appears to have had a pretty good game.

Wasn't there on Saturday but from what I've read, he appears to have had a pretty good game.

Aye, like I say, glad we won but when I saw the lineup on Saturday, I felt sorry for McHugh. Similar to last season, after scoring against Aberdeen. What chance does he have to get a run of form going?

I think McCall sees Boab as a striker whereas Ojamaa is more of a forward.

When Ojamaa came and had that early burst of goals McCall was heard to say he was a little surprised as he'd appeared more of a creator than finisher during his time on trial.

And I still think that plays a part in McCall's thinking given Henrik gives him the option of playing him out wide as well as centrally with another partner up front.

Whether the fact McHugh was given a start at Rugby Park around this time last season and didn't really do anything special may also have played a part in his thinking.

But I do agree with your point that there may come a time when McHugh will become de-motivated if he isn't given what he perceives to be a fair crack of the whip, if he has delivered all that has been asked of him the game before.

As much as this is getting off topic, and as much as I'm glad we won on Saturday, I am a bit disappointed that McHugh didn't start in place of Ojaama given he scored the previous week.

The same thing happened last season after he came on as a sub and hit the net against Aberdeen. You're right, our young players need to see that putting in a performance will get them at least a chance to show what they can do from the start.

As for Aangol, from what I hear he's been pretty decent.