St Mirren Game

FrazMFC96

How is a draw 'the best we can hope for? We are undoubtedly a better team than St Mirren and we aren't the only team with injuries. Their defence is a shambles without McGregor.

Because a combination of injuries, tiredness from last night and our inability to create chances, not to mention our pretty poor record against St.Mirren tells me that a draw from this game is the best that we can hope for. If you disagree and think we can beat them then I'm very happy for you.

Hahaha, love it!!

Would like to see:

Randolph

Hateley - hutch - cummins - ZFA

Humphrey - lasley - carswell/hetherington - law

Murphy - mchugh

Reasoning is that ZFA played well last weekend and understandably dropped last night for hammell but deserves his spot. Would rather see law in a more attacking role with murphy up top. Higdon dropped since he's been boggin' all season (just to point out - I do generally like him though). Plus bobby doesn't get a fair crack at it. 20 minute stints here and there, he needs and deserves more time to prove himself.

Not dropping hammell as such....just not dropping ZFA from last saturdays team, he came in and played well. Does that count for nothing?

Cummins might be decent, so far, but he is still inexperienced. Swapping the player away from the all time SPL appearance record and one that has been very consistent for a couple of years AND featured in the team that has attained three top six finishes in a row and a Scottish Cup Final for a lad that has played one full pro game is imo utterly mental.

1345828102[/url]' post='357345']

Cummins might be decent, so far, but he is still inexperienced. Swapping the player away from the all time SPL appearance record and one that has been very consistent for a couple of years AND featured in the team that has attained three top six finishes in a row and a Scottish Cup Final for a lad that has played one full pro game is imo utterly mental.

I do see your side of the argument BUT I firmly believe in competition for places. ZFA gets his chance and takes it, proves he can cut it against the likes of killie - that should be rewarded. IMO it's more mental to have a team in which 7-8 players never need to worry about their starting spot which I feel we have that at the moment.

When Ramsden is fit, does he walk back in over cummins? Regardless of the fact that cummins played a big part in an important 3 pts and one of the few that actually played well last night?

• Like 1

We have a very small squad and lost experience in a few positions. The youngsters will have plenty of chances in the season ahead with injuries, suspensions, loss of form and the need to rest players.

It's great that we have guys like ZFA and Cummins that can step up, but the last thing we want to do is ask them to do too much too soon, or burn them out.

• Like 1

I do see your side of the argument BUT I firmly believe in competition for places. ZFA gets his chance and takes it, proves he can cut it against the likes of killie - that should be rewarded. IMO it's more mental to have a team in which 7-8 players never need to worry about their starting spot which I feel we have that at the moment.

When Ramsden is fit, does he walk back in over cummins? Regardless of the fact that cummins played a big part in an important 3 pts and one of the few that actually played well last night?

Competition for places doesn't mean you don't play your strongest team though. If Hammell has had a poor run of form then yes give ZFA a chance. If Hammell has been out long term due to injury and ZFA has came in and done a job by all means keep him there. For one game....nah I'm sorry you play your best team. For me Hammell is currently the best player between the two. That may change but right now ability, experience, and the partnership he has already formed with two of the three others who are likely to feature on Sunday means it's pretty much a non decision for me.

So ZFA has to hope hammell either plays shite or gets a long term injury then, otherwise he won't get a run out?

May have to agree to disagree on this one. But one way or another, ZFA is in or around the first team because he's technically good and fit enough to cut it at this. Doing the business on the park is another matter but he's shown he is capable of that and on last weeks performance deserves to hold on to his place.

Will hutch even play after his red card or will kerr start since he's going to most likely be playing midweek? might be in McCalls thought's if he wants to avoid losing by a hefty number of goals though that said he'll also think hutch to be his strongest available centre back and with the league in mind would play him!

So ZFA has to hope hammell either plays shite or gets a long term injury then, otherwise he won't get a run out?

Or get used as a sub, or played in a different position (like Kerr against Kille).

Youngsters, regardless of talent, blow hot and cold. They also lose the 'unknown' factor once teams work them out. Ojamaa is a great example of that. One of his advantages last season was teams hadn't matched up against him before.

This season, they know what to expect and set up to counter him much more effectively. It's easy for a young player to lose confidence that way.

May have to agree to disagree on this one. But one way or another, ZFA is in or around the first team because he's technically good and fit enough to cut it at this. Doing the business on the park is another matter but he's shown he is capable of that and on last weeks performance deserves to hold on to his place.

For a full sustained run at LB in the first team? Well, aye. That is kinda the way fitba works.

I just feel we have most of our first 11 that need not worry about their place, have thought this for some time. Lasley is one of our best, most consistent players but playing him whilst ill against st johnstone last week is a perfect example of this. Similarly playing hammell centre mid in the cup final 2011.

I just feel we have most of our first 11 that need not worry about their place, have thought this for some time. Lasley is one of our best, most consistent players but playing him whilst ill against st johnstone last week is a perfect example of this. Similarly playing hammell centre mid in the cup final 2011.

Last season, that consistency helped us to 3rd in the League. McCall would be mental to have changed that.

Sure no player should think their space is guaranteed. I'd be surprised if Hammell isn't looking over his shoulder this season. For me consistency is the key as well. Whilst we have a squad of say 16/17 first team players the reality is they are not equal in the eyes of the manager or even in skill/ability. Not at this level anyway.

Hammell-ZFA

Hutchinson-Page

Ojamaa-McHugh

Lasley/Law-Carswell

The ones on the right will generally be played when a period of poor form, injuries, suspensions, and even game chasing comes into effect. I think we all know McCall's first choice starting eleven due to ability. I'm not sure many would agrgue with it either.