St Mirren Game

FrazMFC96

I think when we get fixtures moved I generally prefer playing on the Sunday after the bulk of the other SPL games rather than prior to them. For me at least it usually offers either an added incentive of what a result can do for you, or the knowledge of what requires to be done to alleviate a tricky situation.

Ofcourse with that comes with an additional pressure but I'd like to think since some of the squad are internationalists, have closed out 3rd place finishes, got to finals, player in the europe for the most part they should be able to deal with that.

So, some interesting results and as a consequence some opportunities that await if the result tomorrow can go our way. It already looks like things will be pretty tight and whilst I'd like to think it won't concern us it's always quite re-assuring when one or two look like they are going to be marooned from early on.

So an awkward one tomorrow certainly but winnable ofcourse. Thinking back to the St Johnstone game when things were a bit flat both on and off the park for a good chunk, hopefully there will be a strong start that will get both the team and fans on the front foot from the off.

Anyone any idea who the show stealer is tomorrow. Sorry I mean the referee. Hopefully someone with a backbone who is wise to Goodwins pish!!

Euan Norris

gets a reasonable review on the official site

not making this one due to the move to sunday, my second least favourite fixture, only worse one is in Paisley, so may of them are dire affairs

hopefully a win to keep things ticking over,

but if I bet on Motherwell I'd go for a 0-0 draw

as I'm not there, good chance it'll be a thriller

Finally get to see the team again, only seen the Panathinaikos game this season.

I think it will be a tough match. St.Mirren are a different animal under Danny Lennon have quite a few decent attacking players in the team, I think they will definitely pose a danger especially in midfield with guys like Imrie, McGowan, Carey, McLean etc.

I've not seen much of the team but I've been a bit depressed reading some of the after match comments and we seem to be struggling to create chances. Hopefully we can turn that around but I wouldn't be surprised if we lack a little energy after the midweek match. Perhaps McCall can give some of the younger players a run out in this one, I'm looking forward to seeing Francis-Angol and Hetherington for the first time if they get the chance.