St Mirren Game

FrazMFC96

Hutch got the ball, pure and simple.

Obviously the wank stain of a referee disagrees with you. Although, Hutch needs to keep the heid, he should have seen out the last few minutes and done his raving in the dressing room or the ref's room. That moment of madness cost us 3 points and instead of being 1st we are 5th in the table.

Obviously the wank stain of a referee disagrees with you. Although, Hutch needs to keep the heid, he should have seen out the last few minutes and done his raving in the dressing room or the ref's room. That moment of madness cost us 3 points and instead of being 1st we are 5th in the table.

Aye granted he should've kept the heid for the first booking - but he did nothing wrong for the second and certainly didn't cost us three points. That was the ref and linesman.

Clearly our throw in the lead up to their goal.

Edit: although in fairness a st mirren goal had been coming for a good while

hmm got to disagree with you there...any player who has just been booked for dissent and is raging at the referee justly in this case must know the referee is keeping a close eye on them, then getting a second yellow only moments later is extremely stupid no matter how you look at it. This puts extreme pressure on the guys who are left who were already under the cosh a bit. Sorry I regard that as red mist by Hutch, that cost us and he might live to regret it come the next few games. No disagreement the ref and linesmen were shite but we get that all the time at Fir Park up to the players to just get on with it. Look at the Levante game with the offisde, guys waving their arms and not playing to the whistle as a recent example.

I was quite excited when I saw our formation at the beginning of the match as it looked like Murphy and Ojamaa would be playing relatively narrow and infield and Nicky Law was on the left of midfield where I think he usually performs best. It certainly seemed to work early on as we scored in the first couple of minutes. Can't say too much about it as I didn't see the build up and only saw Higdon tucking it away. You'd have thought we would build on that but it was as positive as it got for us in the match.

St. Mirren passed the ball around well and by about the 20th minute they were dominating and pretty much held the ascendancy for the rest of the match.

The problem, in my opinion, was central midfield. With Ojamaa and Murphy just behind Higdon that meant St. Mirren had 4 midfielders on our 3 and Law and Lasley looked fatigued, never really getting into the game. As a result we never really got a grip on the game and if you compare the number of saves made by Darren Randolph with the number made by Craig Samson they it pretty much tells you who was on top.

The Hutchinson sending off will probably be identified as the turning point in the match. Admittedly I was down the other end of the East Stand and others will have got a better view of it but to me it looked a foul and what really annoyed me about it is that virtually every match you can bet that Hutchinson will give away a foul in the exact position. Whether he got the ball or not he should not be putting himself in that position and he does it week after week after week. When is it going to sink in Hutchy? It's such a shame because he was probably our best player in the match but I'm afraid he's blotted his copy book with me and it's probably cost of the game. It was almost inevitable that he was going to get sent off after the Thompson incident and he didn't 'disappoint'.

The only real positives were the performances of some of the younger players. Cummins was excellent and looks like an excellent prospect. Hetherington made mistakes but he certainly gave a lot of effort and I have a feeling once he has a bit more experience he will be a decent squad member. Kerr did well considering I though he was often left quite exposed. Francis-Angol didn't get much opportunity but once again I have to ask what exactly does Carswell do? I must have seen him come on 9 or 10 times now and I don't think I've seen a single thing of note from him. Was it a coincidence that St. Mirren pressed us even harder after Nicky Law was replace by Carswell - perhaps but perhaps not.

Overall it was not a good performance but we are still undefeated having played some tough midweeks between weekend matches, we have a decent points tally with scope for improvement but on todays evidence St. Mirren looked more like a Top Six side than we did.

Hutch was by far the best player for us......before losing his cool and getting a yellow card.

Sore one losing a goal so late but St Mirren battered us in the 2nd half. Difficult to say they didn't deserve something from the game.

Big week with regards to who leaves and who joins.

Things looking desperate at the back for ICT. As for Levante for me the tie is dead. Rest Hammell, Higdon, and, Lasley or Law. Have a back four of Kerr-Cummins-Page-Angol and put Carswell in from start either with Law or Lasley. Give McHugh the 90 minutes as well.

Thompson twatted him in face. Ref missed it. Hutch went mental, got a yellow card and McCall went ape at him for getting a yellow

cheers.

thompsons role in that sounds like what a guy on my own team did a few week ago and got a straight red for. he's expecting a 6-10 game suspension for it too blink.gif

Aye sell him, he's a "fucking diddy". He's been sent off twice in about 60 odd games, even though todays was very unfortunate due to the refereeing. Hes probably our best and most consistent player and worth more than 300k. If it wasnt for him today Im pretty sure we wouldnt be going into the last 5 minutes with a lead to even protect

• Like 3

Aye sell him, he's a "fucking diddy". He's been sent off twice in about 60 odd games, even though todays was very unfortunate due to the refereeing. Hes probably our best and most consistent player and worth more than 300k. If it wasnt for him today Im pretty sure we wouldnt be going into the last 5 minutes with a lead to even protect

Amen to the Scandinavian!