St Mirren Game

FrazMFC96

Oh no, certainly not arguing with his first 11. But when players are playing poorly they need a kick up the arse. When they play well, they rewarded with their place in the team.

Last year was an exception because for the most part, players played well. But I don't necessarily think that playing more youngsters throughout last year would have disrupted the harmony on the pitch. We kept our form going in the games where we were forced to draught in carswell, cummins and page.

Oh no, certainly not arguing with his first 11. But when players are playing poorly they need a kick up the arse. When they play well, they rewarded with their place in the team.

Last year was an exception because for the most part, players played well. But I don't necessarily think that playing more youngsters throughout last year would have disrupted the harmony on the pitch. We kept our form going in the games where we were forced to draught in carswell, cummins and page.

Those guys hardly featured last season. Cummins played one game, Page must have played five maximum whilst I'd wager Carswell as used mostly from the bench. If these players HAD played for lengthy periods of the season then it might have had a different outcome.

McCall knew he would get results and consistency from "his 11"....and he was right. Nothing to suggest to me that he still doesn't stick with what he thinks is his best team.

Nil nil. I hate playing St Mirren. Just always seems to be a tedious grind of a game (the last one excluded) which looks like a draw from start to end.

Hoping for someone to unleash a right net burster though. Maybe Law.

Oh, and as for the ongoing ZFA for Hammell thing... naw. Not yet.

T

Nil nil. I hate playing St Mirren. Just always seems to be a tedious grind of a game (the last one excluded) which looks like a draw from start to end.

Hoping for someone to unleash a right net burster though. Maybe Law.

Oh, and as for the ongoing ZFA for Hammell thing... naw. Not yet.

+1

• Give McHugh a proper run out, if anyone of the fringe players deserves a proper chance it's him.
  • Get Nicky Law away from doing the donkey work in the middle of the park and get him back into a more attacking postions in the final third where he can be more effective.
  • Get the ball down and play it, melting the ball at Higdon's face for 90 minutes gets the best out of nobody including him.

Do these things(especially 2 & 3) and I'm confident we can get three points.

• Like 2

Hate games against St Mirren. Our record against them, especially at Fir Park, isn't as dominant as you would expect for a team that has always finishes miles behind us in the league.

On the other hand I'd like to think that our players have a point to prove after Thursday nights poor showing. If that doesn't motivate them then nothing will.

I'd like to see..

Randolph

Hately

Hutchison

Cummins

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Carswell

Law

Higdon

Murphy

Feel ojamma is more effective as an impact sub, carswell in, as we are lacking a bit of dig in the middle of the park.

That could be a 4-5-1 with murphy wide left and law in front of lasley and carswell.

Hateley was holding his groin last 5 minutes, and McCall commented on injuries in his post match interview.

In this case it would be Kerr for hately, carswell for law, and probably Daley for higdon (that's who McCall will pick, I'd go mchugh), and Ojamaa would get a reprieve and stay in starting xi.

Because a combination of injuries, tiredness from last night and our inability to create chances, not to mention our pretty poor record against St.Mirren tells me that a draw from this game is the best that we can hope for. If you disagree and think we can beat them then I'm very happy for you.

We had a shite record against Killie last season, in fact we didn't even score against them, and what happened last week? So that blows your record against them theory out the water. I do agree with your tiredness theory but I think the team will want to bounce back.

I think we will win quite comfortably and will be 2-0 up inside a quarter of an hour. We will stroll through the rest of the game and add another on the hour mark. So 3-0 Well, Murphy (7) Higdon (13, 60).

I disagree, I think if we had a chance of qualifying, I have agreed with you but I think we should concentrate on getting as many points on the board as early as possible. That will give us confidence to kick on and get a European slot yet again.

I see what you are saying and no doubt the St Mirren game is important given we are unlikely to turn around the Levante game.

However, given the poor performances midweek, some players carrying injuries and the good performances already shown by the likes of Kerr Cummins Angol and McHugh, I think there is an argument that some changes would give us a BETTER chance of beating St Mirren and maybe challenge a few of the more established players to up their games to keep their places.........

ps Given the fans that have already paid out on trips to Levante, I dont think we should be giving up on that game, however unlikely. Just get out there and have a go. Nothing to lose.

• Like 1

ps Given the fans that have already paid out on trips to Levante, I dont think we should be giving up on that game, however unlikely. Just get out there and have a go. Nothing to lose.

Totally agree with this mate and I don't think the players will. Maybe I just have a dose of the MJCs today but I have it for a reason. I'm fed up of building myself up for a fall as far as Europe is concerned. Maybe this one will be a bit different though, against Nancy and Odense we were very optimistic about our chances and it ended in heartache. Maybe this time we will go away with absolutely no hope and do something special.

Am I right in saying that if Hately misses the game it will the first game he hasn't played in since he has signed for us.

In relation to the midfield I would rather Hetherington played instead of Carswell. More attack minded and also gives a balance as he is a lefty. We are struggling for left footed players in the team, Hammell is the only one I think.

We could go over there and win, it's not impossible. Winning by a few goals however is a real task, we're already chasing the game all they need to do is sit back and hit us on the counter and it's all over. McCall needs a strong game plan and it'll have to be perfect and play to our strengths. St Mirren is pish so lets play the young lads who are on the fringes just now and pump them 6-0!