Inverness Game

FrazMFC96

Big Higdon does what he's bloody good at - scoring goals from in and around the penalty area - a hat-trick as well. Hopefully that shat should shut the boo-boys up once and for all. McCall should always play 4-4-2 with the big man in because he can and will score goals. Well done big Higgy.

No chance ! The sad thing is they'll be pissed off hes scored, as the most important thing for some, appears to be being proved right on an internet forum.

They won't post for a few days , let the eurphoria die down.Then give it a couple of matches when Higdon doesn't score it'll be the same old shit

Thought Inverness started the better and Randolph had to make an excellent save to keep it 0-0. Inverness were certainly passing it around better than us and we got the goals against the run of play. Didn't quite see what happened but it looked like the goalkeeper had a howler and bundled into his own net. A minute or two later we were two nil up after Humphrey got to the byline and found Higdon.

Inverness then scored what looked like a preventable goal but considering the inexperience of our back line today they did reasonably well overall.

The first half was nothing special despite the goals but it livened up a bit in the second half as the game got stretched a bit. The standard of goal Inverness gave away was awful and you can imagine Big Tel going absolutely ballistic after the match and they did it again when a slack back pass from Raven (I think it was him anyway) went straight to Higdon who easily tucked it away.

The last goal was the best of the bunch, Ojamaa skinned his man and sent a good ball in for Higdon who fired it into the top corner.

We didn't have it all our own way, Randolph made three excellent saves in open play and of course saved a penalty.

Kerr was excellent again today at right back, the back line did quite well considering they are all basically inexperienced teenagers, Law showed some class, Humphrey was raping their left back but his delivery was a mixed bag, still he set up the second goal. The two guys at either end though were immense - Randolph and Higdon.

• Like 1

Randolph was outstanding today, and the boys fed Higdon perfectly for a change

Caley fans will feel mugged as the scoreline makes them look miles out of it but the never were that far away from us

Delighted just to see the goals coming back

Every game I've seen there's been progression and today even with the changes there was another step forward

Well that was good.

I thought we'd win but that was more comfortable than I'd expected, at least score wise as ICT had their chances.

Higdon's first was a good finish, his second was a great finish, and his third was a fucking outstanding finish!

Kerr had another brilliant game today and Hateley should be seriously worried about his place at RB. Good to see Page getting another full game, although had a difficult time against Richie I thought (no shame in that). Same applies to Boab - I'm sure a run in the team would see both their performances improve although Hutch/Ramsden and Ojamma will probably get the shout for their positions.

Even Higdon had a good game :whistling:

Enjoyable afternoon, love seeing so many of the younger guys getting a game. Kerr and Cummins look like excellent prospects.

Delighted for Higdon, it was between him and Randolph for motm before he got his 2nd. Credit to Law too for putting in a shift despite being nowhere near fit.

Remarkable achievement to be top of the league given our European excursions and injuries. We are one or two experienced players away from having a right good season.

1346602601[/url]' post='358831']

Thought Inverness started the better and Randolph had to make an excellent save to keep it 0-0. Inverness were certainly passing it around better than us and we got the goals against the run of play. Didn't quite see what happened but it looked like the goalkeeper had a howler and bundled into his own net. A minute or two later we were two nil up after Humphrey got to the byline and found Higdon.

Inverness then scored what looked like a preventable goal but considering the inexperience of our back line today they did reasonably well overall.

The first half was nothing special despite the goals but it livened up a bit in the second half as the game got stretched a bit. The standard of goal Inverness gave away was awful and you can imagine Big Tel going absolutely ballistic after the match and they did it again when a slack back pass from Raven (I think it was him anyway) went straight to Higdon who easily tucked it away.

The last goal was the best of the bunch, Ojamaa skinned his man and sent a good ball in for Higdon who fired it into the top corner.

We didn't have it all our own way, Randolph made three excellent saves in open play and of course saved a penalty

Kerr was excellent again today at right back, the back line did quite well considering they are all basically inexperienced teenagers, Law showed some class, Humphrey was raping their left back but his delivery was a mixed bag, still he set up the second goal. The two guys at either end though were immense - Randolph and Higdon.

Real effort to go today as on nights but by heck I'm so glad I did, was amazed at Aerial balls we won and really pleased for higgy a lot more being played deliberately to him ,than big high speculative balls and he was lethal with it. Humph for the 2nd was sublime if only he was more consistent but did enough today. Score line slightly flattering in respect IC were really sloppy but we took our chances so very pleasing. And more pleasing was Ojamaas total selflessness to set up big higgy.

However Kerr continues to catch my eye and I really like the way he plays positive going forward but will burst a gut when defending and really solid in the tackle giving us quite a bit of dig in the air. Keep it up and I can see this lad being a very very good player as he is really promising just now.

Back to bed nowyahoo.gif

The boy Kerr could turn into some player. Hard to believe he is only 19. Tall, strong, very calm under pressure, good in the air and shows skill with the ball at his feet. Not afraid to attack and also looks to be gemme for a 50/50 or hard tackle. No wonder Birmingham snapped him up when they did.

Great performance and result. I no longer worry about the small squad as I think the young boys who have come in have shown that they can step up to the mark when asked.Would like another central midfielder right enough.Thought that with a young back line Inverness would bully them in the air but that didn't really happen.

Thought Las was immense today and he looks to be getting back to his best. Won loads of 2nd balls and talked the young boys through the game.

Humph's run for the 2nd goal was superb and cant wait to see it again in the highlights. Shinnie will be having nightmares about him tonight

Even without the goals Higdon had a fantastic game. Won just about everything, and found a 'Well player on most occasions. Add to that 3 very well taken goals and it really is a wonder anyone complains about him.

Scoreline does flatter us a bit, however. Hateley didn't really do enough in midfield to justify a continued run in that position, and after Law went off we were lucky not to be overrun in the middle, the goals coming at just the right time. Hateley is a very good player but I'd rather see Carswell or Hetherington at CM than him, but given those two both played midweek I can see McCall's thinking.

Some great individual performances from front to back should remind everyone why we were best of the rest last season, and have a good chance of doing similar this year. Kerr, Lasley, Cummins, Humphrey and Randolph all really stepped up to outclass ICT, and that could be the difference throughout this campaign. If our key players perform to their capabilities we can outplay and outscore most teams in the league; this can compensate for a small squad and perhaps McCalls lack of a plan B on occasion, but shouldn't be expected every single week!

Top of the league and still unbeaten going into the international break is fantastic, especially considering we've had games coming thick and fast all this month. 2 weeks for the players to recover from any knocks and fatigue before an away day to Dundee. Cannot wait.

Delighted with that result, well done Higdon.

Sounds like Randolph played a big part also, hopefully we can get his contract extended ASAP.

Randolph came up to F.P. after some persuasion from his agent.

The plan, was firstly getting regular first team football and secondly to make his name known.

Money wasn't high on his agenda for his Motherwell F.C. contract.

I'm afraid Darren Randolph has outgrown Motherwell F.C. and will end up at a bigger team on a hugely increased wage.

I would love to see him staying, but, don't think we have a snowball in hells chance of this happening.

If he goes, we can hopefully cash in on the next window. If not, he'll pick and choose from the teams on offer.

Top keeper!!!!! I'll certainly wish him well wherever he ends up.

Great result today - well done lads.

You will be.

I will stick my neck out and state for the record that we will win tomorrow and win with something to spare.

Europe has been a good distraction, but now we can focus on the SPL.

Some key players were rested altogether.

Time to take our rightful place at the summit of the SPL :cheers:

YE of little faith :yahoo:

Randolph my MOM. Crucial saves at the important times.

Big HIGGY - he the man.

Top of the league and your no oh oh oh

Think its about time that some of us, the SPL and the Media stopped looking at us as a team punching above our weight,

After about 8/9 games in a months we're undefeated domestically and put in some decent performances against far better opposition in Europe with very limited resources !

very proud of the team and back room staff !! !

notworthy.gif

• Like 1