The Scottish Communities League Cup

nethertonwellfan

Like others have said I can't understand why McCall perseveres with this they are stronger than us ' line. It has not worked once. Games against Rangers, Celtic, Pana, Levante are all examples of where there has been a palpable lack of belief amongst the players and every time he has used this approach.

To use this approach now when he is playing a 3rd Division team that has been weakened considerably does not inspire confidence. Rangers are still a threat, two comfortable wins over Falkirk show this but it is not for our manager to be emphasising the point.

Rangers are there for the taking no doubt about it. I wouldn't argue for a second that we don't have the stronger team. However with home advantage, a big crowd and no doubt being extra pumped up for this first match against SPL opposition this is a big banana skin for us.

We need to start positively and get at that particuarly suspect defence and not give them any encouragement. As they do have some players that on their day can cause us problems.

Who's actually left for rangers anyways? some young boys, few hearts players and McCulloch? seems like as good a time as any to give them a right do in! though no doubt they will be right up for this, like seriously fired up!

Players I have heard of who play for Rangers

Alexander

Wallace

Black

Templeton

McCulloch

Shiels

Sandaza

Kyle

Little

Don't know what the foreign guys at the back are like but definitely suggests they're stronger going forward than they are at the back...

Don't know what the foreign guys at the back are like but definitely suggests they're stronger going forward than they are at the back...

Everything I've heard from Rangers fans seems to suggest that's the case. They're apparently looking really good going forward but are absolutely honking at the back. You've got to remember that this is against the likes of Elgin, Brechin and Berwick. No disrespect to those sides, but if they're really good going forward against them, it means they're decent on SPL terms. If they're absolutely honking at the back against them, it means they're absolutely fucking mind-blowingly honking on SPL terms.

I know the temptation is to be pessimistic because it's Rangers we're playing and it's at Ibrox but really, there's absolutely no reason we can't do this diddy mob.

From the players you've listed...

Alexander - good keeper but Randolph is better.

Wallace - good SPL level left-back but nothing we haven't faced, and beaten, before.

Black - mediocre and, again, a player we've dealt with easily before.

Templeton - good player who'd be in our first team probably but blows hot and cold and has been in plenty of Hearts teams we've gotten results against before.

McCulloch - old, slow, and nothing worth worrying about these days.

Shiels - good player, but did anyone shite themselves when he lined up for Hibs or Kilmarnock?

Sandaza - again, a good player, but no one was bricking it from him when he was in a St Johnstone or Dundee United kit.

Kyle - fat bastard, he's probably found his level.

Little - looks a decent player but it's no coincidence he's suddenly banging them in because the Currants are in the Third Division.

Throw in the various youngsters who normally wouldn't be anywhere near the side if they weren't struggling for numbers, random foreigners (including the apparently shite defenders) who have absolutely no idea what to expect when they play an SPL side, a load of players who will now be used to the rhythm and level of lower league football, and a manager who can't even get it right away from home in the bottom division.

Let the Currants bang on about our shite attendances and how this is their glorious chance for revenge and "war". We'll turn up, do them, and have a quiet exit from an empty Ibrox.

• Like 2

The biggest worry that I have regarding this game is that if the SFA will appoint some diddy of a ref who is going to shit it from their support, think they are still a big team and give the fuckers every advantage possible.

Oh and I predict a 'Well player to be sent off - get your money on it!

The biggest worry that I have regarding this game is that if the SFA will appoint some diddy of a ref who is going to shit it from their support, think they are still a big team and give the fuckers every advantage possible.

Not O'Reilly, not O'Reilly, not O'Reilly....

i hope we give them a real drubbing and I can't wait for the game to be done and over and out of the way regardless of the result. So we can get back to focusing on SPL football. Im already tired of all the talk surrounding them again.

Kinda the same. Scunnered with them much more than usual since February. I was enjoying a break from the associated rubbish but here we are again less than two months into the season getting ready to play them.

Looking forward to the games at Dens Park and Pittodrie much more. Some of that is down to watching us at Fir Park and Ibrox countless times over the years, failing to pick up the win time and time again.

I hope the majority of posters here are right and we do beat them. I havemy doubts. As someone said before you could almost stick Rangers shirts on traffic cones and they'd beat us 1-0.

A chance for McCall to put a dent in an otherwise appalling record against (the old) them. What was the goals for and against? 26-2 or something since his arrival. Terrible.

The main glaring flaw in his tenure and it needs to be addressed positively this month.......against the new club. Chance to have a 100% record against them or pick up where we left off. Over to you McCall.

Everything I've heard from Rangers fans seems to suggest that's the case. They're apparently looking really good going forward but are absolutely honking at the back........

i agree with every word there but at the same time i'm glad mccall down played it down and pretty annoyed with ramsden.

the combination of us not having won there in 15 years and not wanting to give them fuel for the fire should equal modesty in public while making it clear to the players that they are shite and there for the taking.