The Scottish Communities League Cup

nethertonwellfan

From the players you've listed...

Alexander - good keeper but Randolph is better.

Wallace - good SPL level left-back but nothing we haven't faced, and beaten, before.

Black - mediocre and, again, a player we've dealt with easily before.

Templeton - good player who'd be in our first team probably but blows hot and cold and has been in plenty of Hearts teams we've gotten results against before.

McCulloch - old, slow, and nothing worth worrying about these days.

Shiels - good player, but did anyone shite themselves when he lined up for Hibs or Kilmarnock?

Sandaza - again, a good player, but no one was bricking it from him when he was in a St Johnstone or Dundee United kit.

Kyle - fat bastard, he's probably found his level.

Little - looks a decent player but it's no coincidence he's suddenly banging them in because the Currants are in the Third Division.

The Rangers side we'll face in the cup isn't really all that weaker than some of the sides we played last season. On one occasion they had youngster like Ross Perry and Jordan McMillan in the back four and they still gubbed us.

I also think some of your 'analysis' of Rangers players shows a bias that doesn't give a true reflection of their abilities.

Black is not mediocre. He's a good player and has bossed games at Fir Park both with Inverness and Hearts.

Templeton, I agree, is hot and cold but he'll probably be on an up now having moved to 'his' team.

McCulloch scored the winning goal against us not so long ago didn't he? You don't have to be young and speedy to win a header or hit one from 25 yards. He's scoring goals most weeks albeit at a lower level but if you think he's not worth worrying about these days I think you are mistaken especially if he's up against 19 year old defenders who you suspect he'll bully all match long.

Shiels - you describe Shiels as a good player but he was probably the player of the season last year, outside the Celtic team anyway.

Little - suddenly banging them in in the Third Division? Were you paying attention last season? Little scored a bundle in the SPL when he got the chance at the end of last season.

Personally I think this was the worst possible draw we could have got. On paper we have a chance of winning, I'm not ruling it out, but we certainly aren't going to turn them over and I'm concerned about the psychological hang over of our records at Ibrox and our record against the Old Firm while McCall has been in charge.

One thing though, Rangers generally haven't performed very well in the league cup at home in front of a smaller crowd. If Rangers fans don't turn up (or boycott us) and there are big spaces in the stands that will give us a boost. If there are 40,000 there, less so.

• Like 2

Black is not mediocre.

I'll agree with that. He was far too kind to Ian Black who is a terrible footballer with very limited ability and a penchant for diving and kicking fuck out of the opposition. Being "Busy" doesn't transfer as actually being any good, hence why he has looked decidedly average in SFL 3 with poor distribution, awareness, tackling and fitness on show for all to see.

Ian Black's best ever and probably one of his genuinely only good games was the SC Final, one swallow doesn't make a summer and I've yet to see him "DOMINATE" against any Motherwell side in the past 5/6 seasons.

• Like 1

I completely agree Ya Beezer.

I am far from confident for this game and I'm actually really gutted at this draw. I hate the fuvkers with a passion and the thot of a defeat to them as a '3rd' Division team and the gloating that will follow really gives me the bile. I would need to hibernate for a few weeks if this was the case

Black is not mediocre. He's a good player and has bossed games at Fir Park both with Inverness and Hearts.

Templeton, I agree, is hot and cold but he'll probably be on an up now having moved to 'his' team.

McCulloch scored the winning goal against us not so long ago didn't he? You don't have to be young and speedy to win a header or hit one from 25 yards. He's scoring goals most weeks albeit at a lower level but if you think he's not worth worrying about these days I think you are mistaken especially if he's up against 19 year old defenders who you suspect he'll bully all match long.

Shiels - you describe Shiels as a good player but he was probably the player of the season last year, outside the Celtic team anyway.

Little - suddenly banging them in in the Third Division? Were you paying attention last season? Little scored a bundle in the SPL when he got the chance at the end of last season.

We'll agree to disagree on Black. He's a very average player who, from one look at Rangers forums, still gets pelters from his own fans for being gash in the Third Division. He's made a career out of being a make-believe hardman, something that he can't get away with in the Third Division (as there are real hard bastards there!) and it's shown.

The idea that Templeton will automatically no longer be hot and cold because he's signed for Rangers is pure speculation.

McCulloch scoring a winning goal against us doesn't mean much. Marc Fitzpatrick scored a winning goal against Hearts one night, it hardly meant much. When I say he's not worth worrying about, I mean that he's no more worth worrying about than big SPL strikers we face week in week out.

I describe Shiels as a good player because he is a good player. Personally I didn't watch all of Kilmarnock's games last season so I'll assume you did and take your word for it that he was player of the year. Even so, there are plenty of good players who have a particularly good season once in a while, it's hardly enough for me to start bricking it.

Andrew Little played for Rangers in February, March, April and May last season. He scored four goals in total - two of which were in the one game. If that's what you classify as a "bundle" then we have differing opinions there.

My opinions haven't changed. This is a decent Rangers side that would probably be about mid-table in the SPL at the moment. But that's it. The idea that we need to fear them because there's a Rangers crest on their shirt is absolute nonsense.

• Like 3

I'll agree with that. He was far too kind to Ian Black who is a terrible footballer with very limited ability and a penchant for diving and kicking fuck out of the opposition. Being "Busy" doesn't transfer as actually being any good, hence why he has looked decidedly average in SFL 3 with poor distribution, awareness, tackling and fitness on show for all to see.

Ian Black's best ever and probably one of his genuinely only good games was the SC Final, one swallow doesn't make a summer and I've yet to see him "DOMINATE" against any Motherwell side in the past 5/6 seasons.

The 2-0 game at Tynie last year Cloudy. Both Black and Templeton ripped us to bits.

I don't think Black is a great player but we really need Lasley to turn up for this game or we are screwed. Las has been pretty poor so far this season and if he plays the same at Sevco Arena then Black could easily run the midfield.

Im Hoping Kerr is Played at RB instead of Hately as he will go through Templeton and take none of his shite.

i think i tend to agree more with Ya Beezer and Sieb, than I do with Jay!!

however, I do agree with jay when he says

This is a decent Rangers side that would probably be about mid-table in the SPL at the moment. But that's it. The idea that we need to fear them because there's a Rangers crest on their shirt is absolute nonsense.

we need to believe in our own ability and that's going to be McCalls toughest task here due to the drubbings we've taken in the past "this is the weakest team they've had in years" - but we still lose!!

As for Jig, you only have to look at what Foran did to the youngsters at the weekend.........bit of savvy and a bit of bullish tactics is enough to get you the one up manship you need to win individual battles.

As for the Kerr / Hateley RB spot.........that game you refer to Sieb, yes Templeton ripped him to shreds but he certainly wasn't helped by workshy Omar Daley playing in front of him that day

And to the guy who suggested we'll receive a red card - im putting a £1 on that!!!!!!

As for the Kerr / Hateley RB spot.........that game you refer to Sieb, yes Templeton ripped him to shreds but he certainly wasn't helped by workshy Omar Daley playing in front of him that day

What a horrible day Hateley had, easily the worst I've seen him play for us. Should've put him in the stand in the first five minutes but pulled out of the challenge, Templeton took him to bits after that.

Saying that, of the times Templeton has played against us, Hearts have won three, we've won six, and drawn two. He's hardly a silver bullet.

Since it's the cup do they have to offer us a set % in terms of ticket allocation? I would like to think we'll take a lot more than we normally do.

they probably do, but the corner they give us is more than adequate

the Alexei Michealichenko game was the biggest Motherwell support I have ever seen(been part of) at Ibrox

Maybe slightly, but not enough to suggest a bigger allocation.

If it was required they always have the option of using some of the seats that are ordinarily set aside for segregation.

I remember a Boxing Day game there when McGhee was in charge for example that we were actually around the corner on the touchline a wee bit.

So if it was required, I think there's scope for giving us a few more tickets without actually disrupting things any.

I do think live TV though will render that academic.

If it was required they always have the option of using some of the seats that are ordinarily set aside for segregation.

I remember a Boxing Day game there when McGhee was in charge for example that we were actually around the corner on the touchline a wee bit.

So if it was required, I think there's scope for giving us a few more tickets without actually disrupting things any.

I do think live TV though will render that academic.

Remember though that was when played Glasgow Rangers, not Sevco or to give their rightful name, The Rangers Memorial Team.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaugBBC Scotland will show #Rangers v #Motherwell live on Wednesday Sep 26th KO 1915. #ScottishCommunitiesLeaguecup

Hope "Figo's Bar" in Vilamoura will be showing it, cause that's where I'll be cheering on from.

It'll soften the blow at least when the inevitable happens!!