The Scottish Communities League Cup

nethertonwellfan

I would say our game against Celtic is bigger, and the last thing we want to do would be to give the orcs the change to kick lumps out of our players before it. As we have seen, Rangers are not that great a team. A mix of fringe and first team players are more than capable of beating them and we can always have the big guns on the bench if we need them.

So how much money do we stand to make from the league cup? is there prize money for getting into each round?

quarter final

semi final

fnal

if this was queens park or clyde ( the teams above and below Rangers ) what we expect to see? whatever that would be, then that's what we should expect to see.

So how much money do we stand to make from the league cup? is there prize money for getting into each round?

quarter final

semi final

fnal

if this was queens park or clyde ( the teams above and below Rangers ) what we expect to see? whatever that would be, then that's what we should expect to see.

Prize money for each round goes from 4 to 5 figures. It is not as prosperous than the league. If we're to make notable money from this we need to get to final and leech of Celtic full house

but it isnt one of those teams............Rangers at Ibrox is totally different to Rangers at Peterhead or Brechin or Annan

I would love us to beat them - and you can take that in a total Kevin Keegan style manner id you want! - but I want us to go there and win, and that will mean alot to our fans after years of bending over and taking several sore ones

for us to win - we need to play our strongest team and play to OUR strengths

if i were to turn up to Ibrox and see Holliis, Page, Angol, Carswell, Hetherington all starting - I would be furious

• Like 1

Glancing over the BBC website and their reporter Liam McLeod has tweeted:

#Rangers' Charles Green says #Motherwell welcome at Ibrox next week for League Cup tie despite voting against his club getting into the SPL @BBCLiamMcLeod 26 minutes ago

Green believes the Steelmen voted against #Rangers because they were "under pressure" to do so from their supporters and other clubs @BBCLiamMcLeod 26 minutes ago

^

My mate sent me the link 5 mins ago.....

CHARLES GREEN has insisted that Motherwell will be warmly welcomed to Ibrox next week because he believes they were pressured into voting against Rangers getting back into the SPL.

The Fir Park men – who lead the Premier League right now – come to Ibrox on Wednesday in the third round of the Scottish Communities League Cup.

It will be Rangers’ first meeting with an SPL side since the summer vote to exclude them from the top flight was cast.

However, although Motherwell were one of the teams to vote “no” Green says he believes they were cajoled into the decision.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV he said: “We have seen and heard lots of hypotheses on radio, in newspapers and on TV and we understand fans’ feelings

“But what fans have to understand is what occurred at Hampden over our SPL status when 10 clubs voted against and one abstained.

“Ally and I sat there and we know what happened. We know that only half of those clubs wanted Rangers out of that league.

“I believe that a number of the clubs were bounced into it.

“Why, for example, would Ross County spend all their life-time trying to get into the Premier League to find Rangers were not there? It’s inconceivable.

“But we understand what happened and we know the reasons behind it. We understand we have to suffer the punishment for the sins of the fore-fathers and we have done that.

“What we have to understand is not everyone in that room wanted Rangers out of that league and I know –because I could glints in eyes – which ones were happy and which ones were not.

“We recognise what happened and when some of these clubs come to Ibrox they will be welcome. When others come, they won’t be so welcome.

“We know that Rangers are bigger than all of this so we ask the fans to get behind the club as they have done so well.

“I want them out there at the Motherwell game cheering, singing and waving the flags.

“Motherwell are a club who are suffering financially because Rangers are not in the SPL and we don’t believe that Motherwell are anti-Rangers.

“We believe that there was pressure; they were under pressure from their own fans and they took a decision and we understand that.

“If you had taken all of these external pressures away then Motherwell and other clubs would have voted differently.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2235-well-are-welcome

Green is a much smarter man than many give him credit for. Many of the things he comes out with might come across stupid and out-right wrong, but they are only said to get the fans behind him. He says things like they will charge £1 for tickets against SPL teams, knowing fine well it could NEVER work, but knowing the fans love hearing that sort of shite. Also all this SFA are bigots nonesence, he his well aware the SFA are just doing their job, but the fans are lapping it up like fools.

These comments are made I am sure to rile up our fans. Remind us our club were ready to defend Rangers cheating if it wasn't for us, get our backs up about this fact. He is at it. But he will also want these comments to paint a picture of him being the good guy, which he will need to do before his next scripted out burst at the SFA.

• Like 1