The Scottish Communities League Cup

nethertonwellfan

"This isn't just a football match. This is WAR! We aren't playing motherwell in the 3rd round of the cup. We are playing the scum, we are fighting the SPL, we are taking on the SFA, the bigoted journalists and every c**t who kicked us when we were down. Everyone who stabbed us in the back and laughed. That's what this game represents to me. A chance to show all those c***s our POWER. This game is Rangers v All of Them. The desire to smash them, embarrass them off the park, send them home a quivering mess is overwhelming. But this is a battle. We must win by any means.

Boycott? You won't be boycotting a match, you'll be boycotting the fight.

This isn't just football, THIS IS PERSONAL! "

Belter. :popcorn:

:lol: :lol:

angry-kid.jpg

• Like 1

I think the boycott talk is a stunt to get us to turn up and help fun their huge wage bill.

High wages, huge drop in tv money, loss of big sponsors for the days of the oldco and a big drop in season ticket money. They talk about 46000 in the 3rd division but what about their attendance in the previous round of the league cup? 26000. The financial model they have at the newco is unsubstainable and the thick knuckle dragging support they have are being fooled and taking for a ride yet again. When will they learn?

Thing is they'll fill it anyway. These c***s are absolutely bouncing. Cocaine and red bull sales in the west of Scotland will be seriously flying til kick of on this one. They now have a bigger hip other shoulder than their scummy pals. Fuelled by the mischievous wee nuggets McCoist (and co)

I'd love us to take a sizeable support to cheer on the boys in the lions den (so to speak) and gub the c***s

Just their latest attempt to try and ignore the rules of football competitions. Supposedly Green came out with the notion at some point and they've taken it on as some sort of genius idea.

At least one person on their forum has pointed out it would make them seem bitter and petty - the others are running with the idea but that could well be because they are bitter and petty.

They keep going on about how important they are and how we voted them out the SPL - they just don't get it! The people running them got them into this mess and they lost their SPL membership. We didn't vote them out - we voted not to allow them in and break the rules of membership. The way to join the SPL is by being promoted from the league below and not by having loads of money.

• Like 1

From looking at the link without joining to read the full story it looks the usual OF biased news paper story, McCall only says that our previous record at ibrox makes them the bookies fav - he doesn't say that HE makes them fav. - maybe the full story tells something different but I can't be arsed joining to read a load of shit written by some OF biased hack.

It'll be the usual case of a reporter asking McCall whether we're favourites and him suggesting that we're probably not. Cue an over the top article about how McCall's putting a fortune on Sevco to win the match, and a few folk on here greeting about him doing it.

Gaag, what better way to rack up the pressure on them than to make them fav to win at their own ground? this is not like the old rangers that used to play at Ibrox, this new team couldn't lace their boots!

The serveco team and their manager will be under tons of pressure to get a result - adding a wee bit more won't do any harm :rolleyes:

They keep going on about how important they are and how we voted them out the SPL - they just don't get it! The people running them got them into this mess and they lost their SPL membership. We didn't vote them out - we voted not to allow them in and break the rules of membership. The way to join the SPL is by being promoted from the league below and not by having loads of money.

thats the problem though, 99% of all media releases say they were voted out, so the hoardes now believe that

eg - theres a guy on here who wrote a piece for a Football Manager forum, albeit overall a good read but he talks about Rangers and how they were voted out of the SPL

its not the tie i wanted - far from it, but we must go and play OUR game - attack them and we will win, have the mentality of Brechin / Peterhead - go at them. If we dont, and we play our cautious approach, like it or not, they have the players to hurt us and dare i say it, more clinical than our players

From looking at the link without joining to read the full story it looks the usual OF biased news paper story, McCall only says that our previous record at ibrox makes them the bookies fav - he doesn't say that HE makes them fav. - maybe the full story tells something different but I can't be arsed joining to read a load of shit written by some OF biased hack.

Direct quote from the gaffer:

"Given our poor record at Ibrox then you have to say that home advantage makes Rangers favourites."

Despite what Jay thinks, I'm not "greetin'" about it, just tired of hearing it from the guy who is motivating our players.

I have praised and defended McCall on here many times, but this old chestnut just gets on my wick.

• Like 7

Bert Mitchell article from evening times

STUART McCALL has made Rangers firm favourites for the Scottish Communities League Cup third round clash with his Motherwell side.

While Well lead the SPL and Rangers sit only third in the Irn-Bru Third Division, former Ibrox midfielder McCall says his side's dreadful away record at Ibrox makes Ally McCoist's men the bookies tip.

The Lanarkshire side last won in Govan fifteen years back while it was a staggering 53 years ago that Well last prevailed at Ibrox in League Cup action.

The Well boss accepts that former team-mate Coisty has lost some key players like former skipper Carlos Bocanegra and his central defensive partner Dorin Goian.

But McCall pointed to an Ibrox signing spree that has landed David Templeton and Ian Black from Hearts, Dean Shiels from Kilmarnock and Francisco Sandaza from St Johnstone, as evidence that Gers have quality.

McCall said: "If we had drawn them at Fir Park then we could have taken a bit more comfort from the record books.

"That said we did manage a draw and a clean sheet at Ibrox last season so that is a positive.

"Given our poor record at Ibrox then you have to say that home advantage makes Rangers favourites."

The Steelmen gaffer also reckons that while the Light Blues may struggle over a long SPL season with strength in depth, that their best XI is a match for any side in the top flight despite recent stutters at Peterhead and Berwick.

He said: "It is funny that before the draw was made I was talking to my staff and saying that there would be a few chairmen rubbing their hands at the prospect of a trip to Ibrox but it was a draw I would have been happy to avoid.

"But the irony is not lost on me that we are the SPL leaders and Rangers are third in Division Three yet they are favourites for this one.

"If you look at the guys Rangers have signed like Ian Black and David Templeton from Hearts, Dean Shiels from Killie and Fran Sandaza from St Johnstone, they have signed just about the best players going from SPL clubs outside Celtic.

"Of course they have also lost the likes of Bocanegra and Goian, who were the heart of their back line and Edu from midfield, but if Ally has his strongest XI to select from then they would be a match for any side in the SPL.

"Where Rangers may struggle is in terms of their quality of depth if they were competing over the full course of an SPL season and couldn't put out their best eleven every time.

"But in a one off they still have the quality to beat any side in the SPL."

Meanwhile, Well central defender Simon Ramsden says the match will take on a different dimension for his family.

He said: "Me and my dad have been to a few Old Firm games and my dad does like Rangers.

"But I'm his son and, at the end of the day, he'll be 100% behind me and wanting Motherwell to win on the night.

"Obviously there's going to be a lot of excitement about the game with Rangers drawing an SPL side after all that's gone on.

"We've started the season very well, so there's no reason why we can't go there with confidence."

Think McCall has still lots to learn about talking to Glaswegian journos

Almost no praise at all for our players, yet rangers have all the best players from the SPL out with Celtic

We need positive press stories to try and encourage folk back to Fir Park

• Like 3

Hasn't it become common practice to field a weakened team against sfl opposition? You know, just to fool them into thinking that they have a chance of a giant- killing whilst also blooding some of our youth players.