Mfc Trivia Questions

WilliePettigrew

What was the score with Stelrad, I seem to remember them as a sponsor at one point, probably before Scottish Brewers.

If I remember correctly Stelrad sponsored the reserves around the same time as Scottish & Newcastle sponsored the first team

Edited by Davie Shanks Fan Club

That's him. Looks like the "Thou shalt not pass" photo from the review-of-the-season booklet they published.

Not that it particularly matters but I think the photo with the "Thou shalt not pass" tag was set against a different Ian McLeod shot - possibly against Hearts and possibly even with the evil Walter Kidd and not quite so evil Stewart McLaren in the same shot.

I think it was published in the magnificently titled "Souvenir Brochure" that was issued when we won the First Division in 1981'82.

The photo Brazilian has posted I think is against Clyde from the following season.

I have that brochure tucked away somewhere up the folks loft. The folks came back from that season's Player of the Year dance with most of the player photos autographed. Tommy O'Hara instantly became my favourite player by signing "To Andrew, Best Wishes, Tommy O'Hara". What a man!! A personalised autograph!!!!

I think he got freed about six weeks later....

Not that it particularly matters but I think the photo with the "Thou shalt not pass" tag was set against a different Ian McLeod shot - possibly against Hearts and possibly even with the evil Walter Kidd and not quite so evil Stewart McLaren in the same shot.

I think it was published in the magnificently titled "Souvenir Brochure" that was issued when we won the First Division in 1981'82.

The photo Brazilian has posted I think is against Clyde from the following season.

I have that brochure tucked away somewhere up the folks loft. The folks came back from that season's Player of the Year dance with most of the player photos autographed. Tommy O'Hara instantly became my favourite player by signing "To Andrew, Best Wishes, Tommy O'Hara". What a man!! A personalised autograph!!!!

I think he got freed about six weeks later....

Would that be at Shawfield?