Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

Right Lads,

I'm not a frequent poster on here but always a keen reader (and head shaker) of some of the points made on the board - but thats what this is all about so fair play to you all.

I, like everyone here, follows Motherwell with the best interest at heart - this is my opinion and I am prepared for all mannar of responses.....so.... heres my point!

We all have our opinions on this unfortunate (IMHO) situation that we are the first SPL club who require to play Rangers. Yes I have the fear that we will roll over like we normally do at Ibrox and the media will have a field day at such, yes we will get hassle as a visiting fan taking the brunt of the anger 'them lot' will display to US, The SPL, Scotland and any one else thats not 'the Rangers'. I do however feel as a club and as a fan that we must all attend Ibrox on such an important night.

Yes its a Wednesday night and its away to home at possibly the worse expericing stadium available and yes its on TV but think about it this way - we would go if it wasnt on TV and it wasnt away.

So with such I suggest the following arrangements to start now:

(i) Motherwell FC - look into the selling of a match ticket and a seat on a club arranged bus (similar to previous away trips)

(ii) The Supporter Clubs - Push from now to then to fill that bus thats a struggle to fill at times, to think of an incentive to get the regular on the bus to bring his mate

(iii) The guy that organises the trip with his mates - To fill that car/sort that train with like minded fans of Motherwell or Scottish Football that have stressed so much about the mess that are Rangers and the wrongs they have did

(iV) The Parents that take the wain(s) to the game - To say sod this its only Ibrox and after all its all about the furture of our game and what we have stood so lets take to show were in it for the long hall.

This may seem some far fetched cry however from my experience of the European home/away trips this season it can be done if the want to do it is there and in reality in my opinion this is the first time i do believe the want must be there for a game of this nature. I think its time that we demonstrate Motherwell FC can make a stance like an other team.

Anyway i would be interested to hear if anyone plans the to go based on similar opinions or if they are can add anything else to this out burst.

Views? all welcome

Cheers

• Like 1

I fancy going. Usually I get offered plenty of free tickets to sit in the Rangers end. After years of paying £25 to watch us get humped and and no real opportunity to shout/sing, I started taking the tickets a couple of years ago. Given our performances at Ibrox, its a reasonable enough concession to get to watch the game for free.

However....... not a fucking chance I'll be in the Rangers end this time! Bring them on! Might even cancel any work meetings for the next day incase the voice isn't working by the end.

I'll be there.

Would never go on a supporters bus or a club-run bus, nor would I take weans (if I had any) but I will be there regardless.

Might be an idea for Glasgow-based Dossers (work-wise) to go to a particular city-centre boozer and get a particular subway through to the ground. Nothing worse than being in a tiny minority with those mutants in situations like these.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'll be looking to get on the 'swally by about 4pm-ish in the city centre.

I'll be there.

Would never go on a supporters bus or a club-run bus, nor would I take weans (if I had any) but I will be there regardless.

Might be an idea for Glasgow-based Dossers (work-wise) to go to a particular city-centre boozer and get a particular subway through to the ground. Nothing worse than being in a tiny minority with those mutants in situations like these.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'll be looking to get on the 'swally by about 4pm-ish in the city centre.

We normally get the subway (usual plan is a booze in Times Square and then the subway from St Enoch) but didn't really fancy it much for this. I think our plan will be an afternoon booze in the town, probably head more towards the Exhibition Centre end of town, and then just walk from there. It's not a massive walk, 20-25 minutes or so.

That said, if there's a big group of 'Well fans getting the subway, we'd probably do that.

(iV) The Parents that take the wain(s) to the game - To say sod this its only Ibrox and after all its all about the furture of our game and what we have stood so lets take to show were in it for the long hall.

there was me thinking it's about who gets through to the next round of the league cup.

hall.jpg

I was there in 92 & 93, and what wonderful occasions they were. However, after witnessing close-up the absolutely shocking display of stewards and OB, (would they have acted like that if it was Celtic ? NFD), at the Cup replay in '98, I vowed never to go back.

Travel all that way to get lifted for skelpin a Zombie ! No thanks. Respects n good luck to those heading in tho. Give as good as you get lads.

We normally get the subway (usual plan is a booze in Times Square and then the subway from St Enoch) but didn't really fancy it much for this. I think our plan will be an afternoon booze in the town, probably head more towards the Exhibition Centre end of town, and then just walk from there. It's not a massive walk, 20-25 minutes or so.

That said, if there's a big group of 'Well fans getting the subway, we'd probably do that.

In fact, thinking about the subway - a slightly different plan could be a booze in the West End and then the subway from Kelvinbridge or Hillhead etc. That way, you're still going to encounter Currants (especially when you get off at the station obviously) but it wouldn't be nearly as bad on the subway as coming in from St Enoch.

I vowed never to go back to Ibrox or Parkhead due to the stewards and police after putting up with their pish for years round about 2003. The way the treat the away fans is an total disgrace.

Been thrown out of Parkhead twice (for fuck all I might add) and won't give the bastards their hat trick!

The last time I was at Ibrox was in '92 and I said then that I would never set foot in the place again. The treatment we received at that time, by the so called 'impartial' stewards etc was outrageous to say the least. I have to say that I still feel the same way and the fact that they cheated and lied their way around Scottish football re-enforces that stance even more.

Haven't been to Ibrox since September 2001 when I was nearly thrown out before kick off for complaining about the fact that some scrote in the home end was waving a red hand of Ulster flag at us during the minute's silence for the victims of the September 11th attacks.

Never been angrier than I was that day and frankly for my own health and sanity, it's probably best I don't go back there..

I think the potential for aggro at ibrox is being massively overhyped!

The worst you're likely to get is the odd snide remark, and over fussy policing and stewarding.

I can't think of a single time I've felt physically threatened at ibrox or parkhead.

Agreed. There'll be plenty of abuse and intimidation in and around Ibrox, and no doubt the atmosphere will be particularly hate-filled, but folk are getting far too carried away.

Looking forward to it!