Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

Alright folks?

Intrigued with this post as the rumour has it that Rangers were going to offer away fans a chance to buy a programme at £14, with a £1 voucher in that programme to get into the game, supposedly to screw your club from making any money from the match?

Not sure how gate money is shared (or not) in the game but if the away club gets the money for their allocation sold then 'The (wee) Rangers' are trying to pull a fast one. I hope that (if this is all true) all Motherwell fans see through this and BUY a ticket, and not a programme.

Again, may only be rumour.

It was just Charles Green talking shite as usual. Pricing for any cup game must be agreed on by the two sides involved, if not it is defaulted to the regular home ticket price.

I thought this was the case. I have mentioned this to the folks in work but they come back with perfect examples of why we call them knuckle draggers.

In any case I hope your support turn up like never before, give it to them big style and the Well pump them on the park.

• Like 1

I thought this was the case. I have mentioned this to the folks in work but they come back with perfect examples of why we call them knuckle draggers.

In any case I hope your support turn up like never before, give it to them big style and the Well pump them on the park.

Going by your posts on here and from Pie and Bovril it seems that this is more than a Motherwell v Sevco game, it seems this game has united the full of Scottish Football v the Newco. Taxpayers v Tax Dodgers if you like.

We better not fuck this up :lol: .

Going by your posts on here and from Pie and Bovril it seems that this is more than a Motherwell v Sevco game, it seems this game has united the full of Scottish Football v the Newco. Taxpayers v Tax Dodgers if you like.

We better not fuck this up :lol: .

Have no fear, if no one takes them out they must surely come across Celtic who will have them for dinner. Preferably I'd like to see a Raith Rovers v QOS final instead.

that depends,

if it is £20 a head, Rangers get to take 15% costs so £3 then Motherwell split the gate getting half of £17 so £8.50

if it was at Fir Park we would pay the tax on the £20 leaving only £16 - £2.40 costs leaving only £13.60 split two ways giving us £6.80 :popcorn:

:whistling:

You'd give Cosgrove a run for his money mate :whistling: Way too many of your posts sounding way too intelligent !

Was in the company of several "decent" Gers fans last night and they were on about this £1 entry and £14 pounds for a programme crap. I said it wouldn't be allowed but they seem to think Green has asked their lawyers to look into it and their argument is they can charge season ticket holders £1 but they can't put £1 as the general admission price.

So they get their season ticket holders to buy at £1 and then buy a programme.

Surely if this was OK every club in the land would try it on when drawn against the gruesome twosome in a cup competition.

Mon the Dossers.

Was in the company of several "decent" Gers fans last night and they were on about this £1 entry and £14 pounds for a programme crap. I said it wouldn't be allowed but they seem to think Green has asked their lawyers to look into it and their argument is they can charge season ticket holders £1 but they can't put £1 as the general admission price.

So they get their season ticket holders to buy at £1 and then buy a programme.

Surely if this was OK every club in the land would try it on when drawn against the gruesome twosome in a cup competition.

Mon the Dossers.

They can choose to let their season ticket holders in for free but they still need to pay us our share of the gate price for every body that goes thrugh the turnstiles. That's why we only get our first CUp tie free with our season tickets, a run of home draws and the club loses money through having to pay the away team for all of us coming in for free.

What gets me here is the hatred of other fans. Thoes in charge bottled making a desicion when we all know to well they had an snidey plan up their sleeve. The clubs then didn't want to decide so passed the buck to the fans who are now the bad guys. We didn't mismanage their club so take it like a grown up and move on. But thats why they can't its not football to them but shit from years ago.

really looking forward to this game and first time i'v been to ibrox for a long time.

I REALLY REALLY hope green tries to pull a fast one about the program/ticket thing tho cos I am sure the taxman would have a wee interest in another tax avoidance scheme from them as programs dont carry VAT while ticket prices do

anyone know if its all ticket?

Was gonna take my son. Actually dont think there will be any grief of a physical nature but will give it a miss just incase.

Infact the money saved will fund his new 3rd kit when his size eventually gets in the shop, that way he's happy, the shops happy and I still get to see it on TV.

Regarding the ticketing, I would like to think that Charles Green & co would be looking to try and obtain some credibility and go about their business like every other club would. Im pretty sure it will be a lot of sh*te and they will conduct themselves respectfully, even if they have wanted to shaft SPL clubs behind the scenes.

I get the feeling from talking to folk, that a win would see us as everyones 2nd favourite team. On this occassion the country is behind us. BE POSITIVE!!