Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold in the Motherwell end?

Wouldn't imagine any figures so far would be particularly relevant given there's still a week til the game. After the weekend, numbers might be more worthwhile. Hardly any rush to snap them up, I'll be going over on Friday for ten tickets.

Over 300 is a good bit more than we normally take and there's still a week to go. Unfortunately I don't think we'll match the QoS support last night in numbers but they seemed fairly quiet so we should be able to make more noise. I don't normally go to Ibrox but I'm going to this as I like going to lower league grounds in the cup. Fair enjoyed my trips to Brechin and Clyde a few years ago.

You decided on a pub in Glasgow yet Jay? There's seven of us going but might be an idea to unite the clans in a Braveheart fashion.

Funny you should mention Braveheart...

I think our provisional plan was a booze in the Park Bar (quality wee Scottish boozer). I love the place anyway but the added Scottishness means there'll be no h**s kicking about! From there, I'd estimate a 20-30 minute walk to Ibrox.

Not the final plans by any means - just the thoughts at the moment! Open to suggestions! Would still be open to the subway if folk are game - still reckon it would be a shout to booze in the West End before the subway though, thus coming in from the other direction rather than through the Southside.

There's ten of us going (although a few are going straight to the game from work) so bolstering the numbers before heading into deepest, darkest Govan is a good shout!

If we'd sold over 300 by lunchtime today, there's no way we'll only take around 500 fans next week.

What you thinking then Jay? I'm guessing between 700-1000.

Talking to a Gers fan at work today and he thinks only about 12,000 of the Hordes of Mordor have bought tickets. Thinks could be a sub 20k crowd. They are not a happy bunch at all.

Talking to a Gers fan at work today and he thinks only about 12,000 of the Hordes of Mordor have bought tickets. Thinks could be a sub 20k crowd. They are not a happy bunch at all.

After watching that pub team last night, the Orcs deserve a medal being screwed out of hard earned by Comical Charlie, to follow that shyte :notworthy:

Are their plans to fill Hampden for the away trip to Queen's Park scuppering by the hour then ??

Funny you should mention Braveheart...

I think our provisional plan was a booze in the Park Bar (quality wee Scottish boozer). I love the place anyway but the added Scottishness means there'll be no h**s kicking about! From there, I'd estimate a 20 minute walk to Ibrox.

Not the final plans by any means - just the thoughts at the moment! Open to suggestions!

There's ten of us going (although a few are going straight to the game from work) so bolstering the numbers before heading into deepest, darkest Govan is a good shout!

The Louden Tavern :whistling:

To be honest mate, I have absolutely no idea on this one! I go to Ibrox and Celtic Park for the 'Well games more often than not anyway and when the draw was made there was absolutely no chance of me missing it - but I understand why there are a lot of folk who'd rather give it a miss. It's really hard to judge I reckon!

Originally, I would have said about 700 odds. However, if the number quoted today is correct and we've sold over 300 by lunchtime today - do we realistically think that we'll have sold around half of our final away crowd a full week before the match? I'd doubt that - as I said before, I'm nipping over for our 10 tickets on Friday, I know the ticket office is open on Saturday for people, and I'd image plenty of folks will pick their tickets up closer to the match, or even make the decision at the last minute.

So, if we have genuinely sold 300+ already, I'd be hopeful for hitting the 1,000 mark which I'd be happy with. Assuming the majority of that 1,000 are there for a bounce, a wind-up, and a sing-song obviously... :lol:

That really wouldn't surprise me. All the shite online from Currants boasting about their big revenge are just internet rockets, many of whom are rarely near Ibrox. They will fully expect to have their arses handed to them and I'd imagine that prospect being far too much to stomach for a lot of them.

Not sure we'd be looking at a sub 20,000 crowd - there's still the prospect of beating an SPL club there - but I can't imagine it being a sell-out. This idea that it's going to be a cauldron of vicious atmosphere is nonsense IMO.

There'll be about 5,000 left when Higdon puts us 3-0 up on the hour mark anyway.

• Like 1

Anybody thats sat through some of the absolute shit our team has served up at Ibrox over the past decade owes it to themselves to get their arses to this game

Spot on, its like suffering the school bully for years then finally getting the chance to boot f**k out of him

I'm in the minority with this one.

I've been to Ibrox more than any other ground and not seen us win there since Dougie's double in 93. I fail to have any appetite for this game next week tho. Just completely disgusted that they still exist and have no interest in heading along to have a dig at them. The McCall factor doesn't help either.

I'm in the minority with this one. ............................................. The McCall factor doesn't help either.

Can completey see where you are coming from, but come next week the Orc Media will have this billed as The Rangers -v- The SPL, and I so want The SPL to be triumphant by a considerable margin..