Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

I'm in the minority with this one.

I've been to Ibrox more than any other ground and not seen us win there since Dougie's double in 93. I fail to have any appetite for this game next week tho. Just completely disgusted that they still exist and have no interest in heading along to have a dig at them. The McCall factor doesn't help either.

Minority of 2 now mate, i feel exactly the same...not been near Ibrox for over 18 years now and not starting now. I will be delighted if we pump them, but will be watching from home.

To be honest mate, I have absolutely no idea on this one! I go to Ibrox and Celtic Park for the 'Well games more often than not anyway and when the draw was made there was absolutely no chance of me missing it - but I understand why there are a lot of folk who'd rather give it a miss. It's really hard to judge I reckon!

Originally, I would have said about 700 odds. However, if the number quoted today is correct and we've sold over 300 by lunchtime today - do we realistically think that we'll have sold around half of our final away crowd a full week before the match? I'd doubt that - as I said before, I'm nipping over for our 10 tickets on Friday, I know the ticket office is open on Saturday for people, and I'd image plenty of folks will pick their tickets up closer to the match, or even make the decision at the last minute.

So, if we have genuinely sold 300+ already, I'd be hopeful for hitting the 1,000 mark which I'd be happy with. Assuming the majority of that 1,000 are there for a bounce, a wind-up, and a sing-song obviously... :lol:

That really wouldn't surprise me. All the shite online from Currants boasting about their big revenge are just internet rockets, many of whom are rarely near Ibrox. They will fully expect to have their arses handed to them and I'd imagine that prospect being far too much to stomach for a lot of them.

Not sure we'd be looking at a sub 20,000 crowd - there's still the prospect of beating an SPL club there - but I can't imagine it being a sell-out. This idea that it's going to be a cauldron of vicious atmosphere is nonsense IMO.

There'll be about 5,000 left when Higdon puts us 3-0 up on the hour mark anyway.

are we getting 1,000 tickets for this game.

I thought we were only getting an initial allocation of round about 700?

Ok wind up or not I again feel Iust reply! If you've read some of the recent conversations , there are over 60 well fans in larkhall. Not all blue noses everywhere! I do agree with the comments about grey skull and I haven't been there for years either but I'm breaking tradition on wed night and going to support OUR team and am expecting a victory, big or small will do. I'm then going straight home to a few of the boozers here, to wind the fat unionists up or maybe take my medicine but fuck it, I'm going. I'm taking a packed lunch tho cos I'm not buying their overpriced food, drinks or snacks. Givevlarky a break and check recent comments please? Ta

• Like 1

Go with the flow! I don't like being classed as one of them cos I stay here but it's great when we're sitting top of the league and they're fucked and I hope the same happens to the toms next! I'm just fed up with being taken as a bear cos I stay here! If you're not born and bred in" gods country" and don't like it, then why do u still stay here? I'm an incomer but don't feel intimidated or threatened, it's just the external belief of others thinking that Larky is the bastien of shun (anag) dominance. Our time will come and it'll be sooner than later- like less than a week. Just go to greyskull and soak it in buddy

Absolutely. Folk from Larkhall, imo, should support Hamilton or Motherwell. End of. Hell, you can even see Fir Park from Strutherhill and Hareleeshill. THE senior team.....for me anyway :wink:

pretty sure u can c it from some bits of the housing estate i lived in in merryton too.

I'm glad my da' convinced me to be a well fan and not fall into the rangers bandwagon smile.gif

• Like 1

im from ashgill (just outside of larky) was a friends dad that got me the fir park and i thank him every time i go for it

and i know of 8 from ashgill alone vivamotherwell

8 from ashgill would be criminal considering there's 3 well fans in my area in canada that I know of, including me and ma da obviously :P