Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

:offtopic:

There are a few Well fans down here.....Melbourne have about 20, Perth have a few and a a couple on the Gold Coast and about 20 in Brisbane Maybe a few more that haven't made them selves known. NZ, China, South Africa, South America and we know Canada and the USA. Not forgetting Europe.

I would be so bold as to say we have a worldwide following that is very healthy.

Roll Call?:friends:

http://uk.eurosport....-143107804.html

Rangers chief executive Charles Green says he will warmly welcome Motherwell to Ibrox next week - but insists other top-flight clubs would not be given the same treatment.:O

Yeah, his comments are completely baffling (read it on the beeb), especially this part:

"Motherwell are a club who are suffering financially because Rangers are not in the SPL and we don't believe that Motherwell are anti-Rangers," added Green."We believe that there was pressure; they were under pressure from their own fans and they took a decision and we understand that.

"If you had taken all of these external pressures away then Motherwell and other clubs would have voted differently."

Hmm, by "external pressures" I can only assume he means the fans? So glad we've got this mouthpiece's approval though, I was losing a bit of sleep over that one. Won't be going to Ibrox for the usual reasons but really hope we give them an absolute shafting.

Just back from Fir Park after buying our eleven tickets (including one for an Aberdeen fan who's coming to support the SPL side - at least when most of our fans don't fancy going to support the 'Well, there's fans of other clubs available as replacements! whistling.gif).

Anyway, the chat is we're now about the 500 tickets sold mark. I'd expect with folk buying some over weekend, others leaving it to last minute, and a few still to make up their minds, I think around the 700 mark would be a good guess. A decent enough away support for a televised midweek trip to that shitehole. I'd still urge anyone considering it to bite the bullet and go support Motherwell though.

Guys,

When I started this topic I never once thought it would be still bubbling along and more importantly never thought it would get me 'up' for this game as much as it has.....

Now at this point I wish to stress that throughout the full 'rangers/the rangers/sevco' media circus I paid no interst to it nor did I read anything about it.......I very much had the opinion that what will happen to them will happen and I have very little control of it all so why get myself wound up about it.......Motherwel Football Club would and always will be my club despite the product.

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!

Now that actions are in place and 'The Rangers' are where they are and they are performing the way they are - IMO purely because they do not have a squad strong enough (at this time) to match their own desire or hopes - i feel more anger to them as to how they are playing the media. The media in this country are still filling their stories with the next word that comes from the organisation which is 'The Rangers Football Club'....why should this be the case........yes its because they have papers to sell and jobs to keep.....what is my point you ask?

The point is that The Rangers are playing on this issue.....and that now is MY issue!......I want to go to Ibrox and regardless of the result (I bloody hope we put them away) be able to go there and be proud that I support a club that have learned from our own mistakes but did it with an element of diginity while clearly coming out the other end a better team than before it........I feel anger that they are being allowed to use this circus at the time to shadow the poor team that they are and I want to be there in the hope that Motherwell tell the rest of Scottish Football/Scottish media that The Rangers are indeed nothing but a poor team that at this time are not accepting they have did wrong and are struggling to get close to being a better team on the back of their own wrong doings.

I hope my rant makes an element of sense and I find it strange that after so little a number of responses on this forum i am writing so much....I HOPE THAT THIS RANT MAY INDEED ADD SOME, EVEN IF ITS JUST ONE, EXTRA MOTHERWELL FAN TO TRAVEL TO IBROX TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM!

:offtopic:

There are a few Well fans down here.....Melbourne have about 20, Perth have a few and a a couple on the Gold Coast and about 20 in Brisbane Maybe a few more that haven't made them selves known. NZ, China, South Africa, South America and we know Canada and the USA. Not forgetting Europe.

I would be so bold as to say we have a worldwide following that is very healthy.

Roll Call?:friends:

not sure how many but I know there are a few motherwell supporters in Austin. Went to Fado's ( fake irish pub ) to watch the league cup final against Rangers a few years back and there were a good few guys in the bar with Mothwewell colours on.

So definately double fugures in Austin!

Sorry lads but as a matter of principle I'll never set foot in Mordor again. IMO fans from every club in Scotland should boycott the f*cking place.

Indeed. The treatment away fans get at these games from the stewards and suchlike is also a major factor in me definately not going to the game.

Guys,

When I started this topic I never once thought it would be still bubbling along and more importantly never thought it would get me 'up' for this game as much as it has.....

Now at this point I wish to stress that throughout the full 'rangers/the rangers/sevco' media circus I paid no interst to it nor did I read anything about it.......I very much had the opinion that what will happen to them will happen and I have very little control of it all so why get myself wound up about it.......Motherwel Football Club would and always will be my club despite the product.

HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!

Now that actions are in place and 'The Rangers' are where they are and they are performing the way they are - IMO purely because they do not have a squad strong enough (at this time) to match their own desire or hopes - i feel more anger to them as to how they are playing the media. The media in this country are still filling their stories with the next word that comes from the organisation which is 'The Rangers Football Club'....why should this be the case........yes its because they have papers to sell and jobs to keep.....what is my point you ask?

The point is that The Rangers are playing on this issue.....and that now is MY issue!......I want to go to Ibrox and regardless of the result (I bloody hope we put them away) be able to go there and be proud that I support a club that have learned from our own mistakes but did it with an element of diginity while clearly coming out the other end a better team than before it........I feel anger that they are being allowed to use this circus at the time to shadow the poor team that they are and I want to be there in the hope that Motherwell tell the rest of Scottish Football/Scottish media that The Rangers are indeed nothing but a poor team that at this time are not accepting they have did wrong and are struggling to get close to being a better team on the back of their own wrong doings.

I hope my rant makes an element of sense and I find it strange that after so little a number of responses on this forum i am writing so much....I HOPE THAT THIS RANT MAY INDEED ADD SOME, EVEN IF ITS JUST ONE, EXTRA MOTHERWELL FAN TO TRAVEL TO IBROX TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM!

Couldn't have put it better myself if my fingers worked on a Friday! Got my ticket and packed lunch and cannae fuckin wait to see the queens 3 getting done

looking forward to it

some great away days at Ibrox in the last twenty years

can't imagine missing it, just because its Ibrox :blink:

Motherwell fans have been in good form at quite a few of them, most recent highlight was singing "we can see you walking away" at the dwindling hordes

looking forward to singing "can you see who walked away" next week

some day we will have the next Owen Coyle equivalent, If I miss it for family/work/being skint etc fine, but I'd hate to miss it just because its at Ibrox

• Like 3

I meant no offenvce to the Well fans in Larkhall. Lanarkshire if jam packed with OF low life. Thank feck we & our parents had the braincells to get it right.

There are more Celtic fans in all catholic schools in Motherwell / wishae than we have fans! My son went to one of them and apart from him and a pal( well fans thankfully) and one rangers fan, the rest were dodging soap. That sums it up to me too

Im quite a few pints to the wind & haven't done my maths but im pretty sure your talking shite!

Pretty sure he's no btw. It's an inbred thing. Thing that annoys me is on Clyde phone in you hear so and so from Motherwell has a point to make and inevitably he tuns out to be a celtic/rangers fan

• Like 1

Pretty sure he's no btw. It's an inbred thing. Thing that annoys me is on Clyde phone in you hear so and so from Motherwell has a point to make and inevitably he tuns out to be a celtic/rangers fan

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the case. It has virtually nothing to do with football, and everything to do with the ridiculous tribal mentality in this country.

There's nothing that the club can do about it either. All of the free childrens season tickets and working with the local community won't make a difference if the parents of said child are drumming the whole "us and them" nonsense into them from an early age.

There is a some anecdotal evidence to suggest that it is having some effect though.

There have been people on here for example who have said they know of Old Firm supporting relatives, friends or acquaintances who have started going to Motherwell games off the back of their offspring becoming involved with the club.

From my own experience a few years ago I managed to convert the kid of one of my missus friends from Celtic to Motherwell. He's gone into refereeing now but there's no question where his loyalties now lie.

Ofcourse that's not going to apply to everybody but it illustrates that there are supporters there to be won and we must continue to fight the good fight.

I suppose you could liken it a bit to developing better players where schemes put in place need time to come to fruition and our season ticket deals and community link ups will be something similar in that they will need an extended period of operation to truly see how successful or otherwise they have been.

The early evidence of increased season ticket sales and attendances suggest we have made some small strides in the right direction.

Yesterday I was told we hold sold around 500

They've been telling everyone 'around 500' since Thursday. Either we've sold about a dozen briefs since then or they just have no idea of a running total.

Also, worth pointing out that the h**s seem to be expecting a home support of about 25,000. If anyone's planning on avoiding the game due to being scared of there being a cauldron of hate and bitterness, it looks like there'll be plenty of empty seats to take the edge off so you might as well go.

Does anyone know if i'll be able to get tickets tomorrow for the game ? What times ?

they are intending selling tickets up to about 4pm .They have to take unsold ones to ibrox on the night...was just off phone asking that meself...best to phone before going up if you are talking late afternoon tho