Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

So what's people plans for getting there? Braving the subway? :whistling:

Either boozing out towards the Exhibition Centre end of Argyle Street and walking to Ibrox for kick off or boozing in the city centre/West End and getting the subway.

Plan just now is the former but if it's chucking it down we'll likely just take the subway as usual.

There is a some anecdotal evidence to suggest that it is having some effect though.

There have been people on here for example who have said they know of Old Firm supporting relatives, friends or acquaintances who have started going to Motherwell games off the back of their offspring becoming involved with the club.

From my own experience a few years ago I managed to convert the kid of one of my missus friends from Celtic to Motherwell. He's gone into refereeing now but there's no question where his loyalties now lie.

Ofcourse that's not going to apply to everybody but it illustrates that there are supporters there to be won and we must continue to fight the good fight.

I suppose you could liken it a bit to developing better players where schemes put in place need time to come to fruition and our season ticket deals and community link ups will be something similar in that they will need an extended period of operation to truly see how successful or otherwise they have been.

The early evidence of increased season ticket sales and attendances suggest we have made some small strides in the right direction.

My Dad was a Motherwell fan when he was young, but then changed to Rangers simply due to the fact he would get the odd free ticket through his work. He wasn't a die hard or anything, more just said he was a Rangers fan as an answer to a question. Then when I started going to games he went to one or two with me, then he got a season ticket for a few years. His attendance has dropped away now partly because he doesnt have a season ticket anymore and partly because he plays golf at the weekends as often as he can or spends time with my 2 little sisters. But he counts himself as a die hard Motherwell fan, attends games when ever he is free and hates both side of the old firm.

So I would certainly agree that people can be won over. Its getting the kids in the gate to drag their parents along is the big challenge. The trouble is kids, especially young kids not able to go to games by themselves don't know enough about football to want to go. When I was younger I never knew the football was on every weekend, I only figured it out once I was interested. I never asked my Dad to take me because it wouldn't have even crossed my mind. The club need to do more to put football in the minds of the kids in the community, get them thinking about it, get them interested.

IF I was fit and healthy, wild horses wouldn't keep me away from the game tonight.

BUT I'm neither fit nor healthy,so I'll be watching on the TV but will be there in spirit.

You might hear me swearing at the ref as far away as Ibrox.

Safe journey's to all Dossers, there and back.

Oh by the way,

GIVE THEM HELL!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

• Like 3