Crowd For Ibrox - League Cup Game

walking down the Fir Park

Would be awesome if all the Well fans were able to meet up somewhere in town before it. Something similar (on a smaller scale numbers wise) to the church on the hill before the cup final would be quality and get everyone fired up! Dont know if im going to make it myself though as im moving up to dundee and train tickets are so fucking expensive! dry.gif

I dare say its more down to the fact that on certain buses you won't be allowed a sneaky beverage or two.

Not so much an issue now with the new motorway but remember some of our visits in there.in the past on buses and given the traffic jams you invariably get going to Ibrox, you'd be nearly in tears bursting for a piss by the time you get there.

I've seen folk give up and get off the bus at Provan Gas works before!!

I think the potential for aggro at ibrox is being massively overhyped!

The worst you're likely to get is the odd snide remark, and over fussy policing and stewarding.

I can't think of a single time I've felt physically threatened at ibrox or parkhead.

Boxing outside away end when we beat them the weekend they went into admin.

There will be trouble of some sort at this. Would be amazed if there wasn't.

• Like 1

Mind when we went to the masters and that lot ambushed our fan bus with bricks? I imagine that's why. Just a guess.

I didn't even know that. I'm actually seriously considering going but I finish work at 5 and by the time I get home and all that I was thinking the bus would be an option. I'm in 2 minds now, I might just get the train straight from work and leave my colours at home.

1346872053[/url]' post='359467']

I didn't even know that. I'm actually seriously considering going but I finish work at 5 and by the time I get home and all that I was thinking the bus would be an option. I'm in 2 minds now, I might just get the train straight from work and leave my colours at home.

To be honest, I doubt there would be any bother of that sort this time round. A bus would be good if we were to take around 1000 to the game.

Wasn't it a load of h*n supporting neds at the Orange Walk that smashed up our empty bus on its way to pick us up for the Masters? Wee arseholes, but it's not really the same thing.

As I said before, there'll be abuse, intimidation and perhaps even the odd scuffle if the two parties are game, but chat about anything more is pretty over the top IMO.

1346873661[/url]' post='359470']

Wasn't it a load of h*n supporting neds at the Orange Walk that smashed up our empty bus on its way to pick us up for the Masters? Wee arseholes, but it's not really the same thing.

As I said before, there'll be abuse, intimidation and perhaps even the odd scuffle if the two parties are game, but chat about anything more is pretty over the top IMO.

Think you may be right there.

I've no doubt that if we manage to beat them then there will be trouble outside after the game. I know some tossers at work who are foaming at the mouth already - might have something to do with me winding them up :) - but trust me some of the rangers fans have no respect and total hatred for anyone who supports an spl team and us beating them will send them over the edge!

I've no doubt that if we manage to beat them then there will be trouble outside after the game. I know some tossers at work who are foaming at the mouth already - might have something to do with me winding them up :) - but trust me some of the rangers fans have no respect and total hatred for anyone who supports an spl team and us beating them will send them over the edge!

the amount of people these days who will chance getting a conviction, a banning order, there name in the paper and online and possibly losing their job over a football game is tiny.

there will be plenty of h**s trying to act the big man in crowds but little chance of real trouble. there is zero bother around the ground at OF games nowadays, i don't see this being any different.

Sadly I'm on holiday so I'll miss the game...well when I say "sadly", I'm in Florida so it's not so bad.

I would have loved to have went to the game, the last one we played against them at Ibrox was one of the best awaydays I've had!

And as for the potential "aggro", I'd imagine the Old Bill would keep us in the ground until the orcs had gone back to their caves.

Would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than give 4p to that knuckle dragging scum

I know what you mean. I'd rather donate 20 quid to one of the Steelmen Forever initiatives (and watch the game on telly) than fund either of the bigot brothers' bile.

I know what you mean. I'd rather donate 20 quid to one of the Steelmen Forever initiatives (and watch the game on telly) than fund either of the bigot brothers' bile.

They'd get the same cut if it was a home game or neutral venue though, which I assume no one would object to attending? I'm looking forward to a good gloatfest tbh!

They'd get the same cut if it was a home game or neutral venue though, which I assume no one would object to attending? I'm looking forward to a good gloatfest tbh!

By the time sevco finagle their overheads, our club will see less of the 20 quid than if it was at Fir Park.

By the time sevco finagle their overheads, our club will see less of the 20 quid than if it was at Fir Park.

that depends,

if it is £20 a head, Rangers get to take 15% costs so £3 then Motherwell split the gate getting half of £17 so £8.50

if it was at Fir Park we would pay the tax on the £20 leaving only £16 - £2.40 costs leaving only £13.60 split two ways giving us £6.80 :popcorn:

:whistling:

that depends,

if it is £20 a head, Rangers get to take 15% costs so £3 then Motherwell split the gate getting half of £17 so £8.50

if it was at Fir Park we would pay the tax on the £20 leaving only £16 - £2.40 costs leaving only £13.60 split two ways giving us £6.80 :popcorn:

:whistling:

Were you David Murray's accountant? :cheers:

Either way, if I just donate 20 quid to Steelmen Forever, the club gets more.