Motherwell One Liners

well-army

Looking for some famous commentator one liners for something i'm working on for Fatcalf ...

So far i have

Hugo Sanchez eat your heart out

And Motherwell have won the cup in the most dramatic fashion possible.

Any others you can think of as my memory aint the greatest when it comes to these things

Can Remember "would you believe it, Paul Smith!". From memory this was from a semi against the Mhankies in the 80s. Think we were 2-0 down, brought it back to 2 each then out on penalties (think Softy missed). One of my earliest Well memories. Some of the older yins might be add a wee bit more info about this game.

Can Remember "would you believe it, Paul Smith!". From memory this was from a semi against the Mhankies in the 80s. Think we were 2-0 down, brought it back to 2 each then out on penalties (think Softy missed). One of my earliest Well memories. Some of the older yins might be add a wee bit more info about this game.

Ay Walker came on as sub and sold Packy Bonner the most beautiful shimmy without touching the ball, then slotted home the equaliser, fantastic!

85-86 ish I think

86 I think. Was working a student job beside a Celtic supporter.

2 - 0 down without playing badly. Great comeback. Walker's goal set up by a cracking reverse pass from Martin (if my memory isn't playing tricks). Gahagan missed a great chance in extra time with a weak shot straight at the keeper. Softy hit the underside of the square bar with his pen. Round bar and it would probably have gone in.

EDIT: No idea why I wrote Martin! I was thinking Smith - but could be wrong.

EDIT EDIT: If you can bear it, a report is on here