More Fixture Changes For The Tv

Dosser30

Sunday 21 October Hearts v Motherwell 1245 kick off

Friday 26 October Motherwell v Hibs 1945 kick off

Sunday 18 November Inverness v Motherwell 1245 kick off

Saturday 24 November Motherwell v Hearts 1245 kick off.

Hibs again on the Friday night :) relay enjoyed friday night game till we got sent home. . . . . .to the pub !

Absolute nonesense. Why the fuck ICT game on TV. Lowest crowd in history of SPL?

They pick all their Celtic matches then the handful of Sevco matches they'll be showing. Then they throw darts at the fixture list for the year to see who else is on TV.

Raging at this. Aberdeen, Inverness and Hearts had already been marked on the calendar as the usual good away days. That's now scrapped thanks to, as usual, armchair fans taking priority over folk who go to games. So much for trying to get folk through the turnstyles.

I miss the good old days when we mostly had to be at home to the h**s or the Tims to make it onto the TV.

• Like 2

They pick all their Celtic matches then the handful of Sevco matches they'll be showing. Then they throw darts at the fixture list for the year to see who else is on TV.

Raging at this. Aberdeen, Inverness and Hearts had already been marked on the calendar as the usual good away days. That's now scrapped thanks to, as usual, armchair fans taking priority over folk who go to games. So much for trying to get folk through the turnstyles.

I miss the good old days when we mostly had to be at home to the h**s or the Tims to make it onto the TV.

Like last season :laugh:

Like last season :laugh:

Pretty much, aye! :lol:

On a serious note, this isn't good. I've already had a couple of mates putting forward suggestions of football days elsewhere now - given we were already planning on spending the time and money for the original away days to Aberdeen, Inverness, Hearts etc.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that we'll all have chucked following Motherwell away from home by the end of the season, but at a time when clubs are claiming that a priority is getting folk through the gates, having 'Well fans going elsewhere on these weekends isn't good for anyone.

After everything that's happened over the summer, interest in and commitment to football was seriously tested for a lot of people. To reward them with fixture changes like this is a shambles, TV or no TV.

Pretty much, aye! :lol:

On a serious note, this isn't good. I've already had a couple of mates putting forward suggestions of football days elsewhere now - given we were already planning on spending the time and money for the original away days to Aberdeen, Inverness, Hearts etc.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that we'll all have chucked following Motherwell away from home by the end of the season, but at a time when clubs are claiming that a priority is getting folk through the gates, having 'Well fans going elsewhere on these weekends isn't good for anyone.

After everything that's happened over the summer, interest in and commitment to football was seriously tested for a lot of people. To reward them with fixture changes like this is a shambles, TV or no TV.

It's unfortunately a direct result of doiung the right thing, no Rangers in the league obviously means more upheaval for the rest of us with changes like this. Unpalatable as it is, I saw this coming. Alternative is no TV deal and we're all skinter (personally wouldn't give a fuck btw but that's the reality of the situation)

It's unfortunately a direct result of doiung the right thing, no Rangers in the league obviously means more upheaval for the rest of us with changes like this. Unpalatable as it is, I saw this coming. Alternative is no TV deal and we're all skinter (personally wouldn't give a fuck btw but that's the reality of the situation)

Oh aye, I recognise that it's a result of what's happened and that, probably, we had no say in the matter. I did however hope that we'd still get left with a few good away days rather than pretty much all of them being moved to Sunday lunch-time kick offs.

However, clubs either need to decide that TV money isn't more important than the fans who go to games, or they need to ditch the claims of wanting more fans through the gates. They can't have it both way.

We've just had a lot of our upcoming games shifted around for the folk who sit and watch it on TV, putting out those who go to the games. And yet our club will still be one of many peddling the nonsense that the fans are the most important and we're actively attracting more bums on seats etc.

I'd prefer to be skinter with no TV deal.

• Like 1

I'd prefer to be skinter with no TV deal.

Like I said, this is my preferred option, TV money means fuck all to me, we'd just have to go get some cheaper players and so would everyone else. Time to start winding down towards self sufficiency so we can look forward to life without TV (ideal world scenario which I know fine will not happen but hey, I can dream)

Let's be honest , supporters who attend games are way down the list of footballing priorities. Drunk people in pubs and armchair supporters wi fat lazy arses are the target nowadays. Im sick of being treated like a muppet and worse still I can only sit back and accept it . Thought all the Servco shite would prompt a change with rules and league money changes now that Celik are left on their lonesome .But no the sound of silence from the other clubs in the SPL is deafening and embarasing at this rate 3years down the line Servco will be back in the SPL and running it again with Celik TV will have their wish ...........ballocks ! Right im away for a lie down after that.

I'm a fairly new Well fan.

I started going to the odd game a few years taking my boys along ago to avoid them supporting either half the the OF. I have grown to love this club to the point I have no feelings towards my "former team of choice" and was on the brink of buying my first season ticket. I held off as holidays etc meant I would miss the first 2 home games.

Now this.

This meddling is directly stopping me from going to games and putting money into the club.

I'm quite happy with the TV picks. Can't really afford to go to ICT or Aberdeen away games this year so quite happy I'll be able to see them now.

Don't really see what's stopping people going to the game here who were planning to? It's quite a bit of notice. Or is it just annoying you can't have a proper booze cause you have to go to work on Monday?

I'd say it's a right pain in the arse the time you need to get up at on a Sunday morning to go to a fitba match. Some will be getting up very early to commute to work Mon to Fri and probably don't fancy doing it on one of their days off at the weekend as well. Who can blame them?

Can slso put a bit of an early finish on a Saturday night.

Although for the young uns who post I'm sure the two merging has crossed their minds!

I'm a fairly new Well fan.

I started going to the odd game a few years taking my boys along ago to avoid them supporting either half the the OF. I have grown to love this club to the point I have no feelings towards my "former team of choice" and was on the brink of buying my first season ticket. I held off as holidays etc meant I would miss the first 2 home games.

Now this.

This meddling is directly stopping me from going to games and putting money into the club.

To be fair the major fixture changes only really effect the away games so far. After taking into account the fixture amendments, we have 6 home games. Four of those are still the original 3 o'clock on the Saturday, one is an earlier kick off on the same date as it was originally scheduled for. The only one where there's actually a date change is the Friday night Hibs game.