Your Favourite 'well Cult Hero

mfcdez

Was so bored in work today , I found myself reading a copy of The Sun in the canteen , and saw in the ' In This Week ' column that it was 15 years ago this week that we signed Namibian sensation Eliphas Shivute . Can't believe it's so long since the big man strutted his stuff at The Arc .

Always remember his diving header against Rangers ( deceased ) at Ibrox , wearing the luminous yellow away top , a goal and name that always brings a smile to my face .

I know there have been favourite player threads in the past , but was just wondering if anyone else had any favourite players / goals like this that stick in the memory and make you smile !

Mods feel free to remove to HOTD !! .

I loved big Sieb, perfect look for a cult hero with that dodgy tache as well.

Remember the chant of 'Sieb Dykstra's barmy army', then 1 game at Fir Park it was just 'Sieb' with the last part left out, went on for ages, loved it!

Was always up for swinging on the bar when requested too.

Trying to smuggle his Siamese cats in from Holland was quality, mental but pure brilliant!

I loved big Sieb, perfect look for a cult hero with that dodgy tache as well.

Remember the chant of 'Sieb Dykstra's barmy army'

I remember a game where we did it for ages, pretty sure it was at Tannadice and when he let in a goal the Dundee U fans started chanting it back at us!

Special , I realise that most people may have many such favourite players , was meaning more a particular goal or moment by one of them that sticks out , like shuggie swinging on the bar as has been mentioned , or one of psycho's many moments , like the elbow to peter grant , or conducting the singing doon the east . Still maybe doesn't help narrow it down for some people with as many years following the team as yourself mind !

I remember a game where we did it for ages, pretty sure it was at Tannadice and when he let in a goal the Dundee U fans started chanting it back at us!

Scottish Cup game at Tannadice. Big Softy equalising in the last minute queue some Mayhem at final whistle.

Goes without saying that big Sieb was my hero. Loved wee Psycho and Dougie Arnott also.

Miodrag Krivocapic celebrating after scoring at Easter road

an absolute legend of a defender but anybody that bet on him scoring mustve been loaded

Video doesnt really show it but his celebration up onto the hoardings with us was memorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ambgnSqRI

93-95 we were spoiled team littered with legends for that generation

just remembered the Tommy Coyne (ma Lord) duping Dunfermline?(maybe St mirren) at Fir Park by kneeling down and tieing his boot laces, as the were doubling up on him, thru ball and he had the couple of yards he needed to beat them from the half way line

Remember going to a game at firhill in the early 90s, and chanting SIEB dijkstra's barmy army.... For what seemed ages! Real cult legend.

Remember he'd like to dribble by centre forwards too, which was scary! That's going back to when we were in the enclosure under the main stand.

Does anyone have the sorb dijkstra goals top that they would lend or sell me? Was thinking of dressing as him for Halloween.

I would have had it, but went to fir park with my gran who said "you could spit peas through it" and wouldn't let me buy it.

:lol:

Softy was always a hero of mine, favourite moments were the equaliser at tannadice, and a 35 yard daisy cutter v Dunfermline at fir park.

There where so many heroes in the 90s from Tommy coyne :notworthy:

To Dougie Arnott, Dykstra,SoftyRab McKinnon but for me there was only

Skelator

Brian Martin :thumbup:

Solid Defender

But then again 93 through to 95/96 we where spoiled for choice

Aye until the the Ginger Tosser came in and dismantled it all.