Your Favourite 'well Cult Hero

mfcdez

He volleyed home a screamer at Cappielow from about 30 yards after they cleared it out of their box. Now that was a strike!

LOL remember it well - I had given him dogs abuse for the majority of the game and after that strike he deservedly ran straight from their end to ours and gave me the 'GIRFUY' laugh1.gif. Spoke to him some years after that and we both had a giggle about it.

Aye dodgy signings like McSkimming, John Hendry and Andy Roddie didn't help and then Bosman ruling came along and sunk the already distressed ship.

To be fair McSkimming was a decent player when he was fit. It's just he had a lot of injuries and wasn't worth the fee McLeish paid for him. I might be wrong but wasn't he the last Motherwell player to score a winning goal at Ibrox?

The other two were haddies.

I'll always remember when the greatly feared Roy 'The Bear' Aitken joined St. Mirren and made his debut at Fir Park. Luc Nijholt wasn't having any of it though. First chance he got he went right into him and put him right over the advertising boards and then trotted back into position.

To be fair McSkimming was a decent player when he was fit. It's just he had a lot of injuries and wasn't worth the fee McLeish paid for him. I might be wrong but wasn't he the last Motherwell player to score a winning goal at Ibrox?

The other two were haddies.

I'll always remember when the greatly feared Roy 'The Bear' Aitken joined St. Mirren and made his debut at Fir Park. Luc Nijholt wasn't having any of it though. First chance he got he went right into him and put him right over the advertising boards and then trotted back into position.

I seem to remember Andy Roddie scoring an amazing overhead kick in a 5-3 win against Falkirk at Fir Park, sometime around 1995. Anyone shed any light on that one?

I seem to remember Andy Roddie scoring an amazing overhead kick in a 5-3 win against Falkirk at Fir Park, sometime around 1995. Anyone shed any light on that one?

I'm pretty sure the only goal Andy Roddie scored at Fir Park was for Aberdeen! In fact I'm pretty sure Andy Roddie never actually scored for us in about 60 matches.

I remember the match you mention well because its one of my favourite ever Motherwell matches and Roddie definitely didn't score in it. I think Coyne and Arnott both got 2 and Billy Davies got the other.

That was a Motherwell beer festival Saturday, 'cause I remember dying for a pish most of the first half not wanting to miss any the game. I'm sure Mo Johnstone was playing for Falkirk that day as well.

It was an Andy Roddie rebound that Iain Ross scored the winner from on Jamie Dolan (Celtic 2-1, Dolan went in goals for 22 minutes)

Dolan was in goals a lot longer than that.

He went in goals DURING the first half.

I will never forget that game because my auld man threw me 5ft in the air when we scored :thumbup:

Crowd was 22,688 that evening !! I have a stack of newspaper reports I'll need to scan them and post them up.

Go for it.:nod: One of my all time favourite memories at FP. I remember it as if it was yesterday. What a crowd, what a performance, what a team. Brian Heron's raker from the left flew past the great Pat Jennings like an excocet missile - unstoppable. When the winner went in at the special school end (now the the away stand end) FP exploded and nearly took off into space. I've never heard noise like it and it was equalled when the final whistle went. I just wish there was film somewhere of that glorious night.

big buff doing a Laudrup style shimmy, cutting inside and lashing one home from about 30 yards into the top corner!!!!!

big man was a favourite of mine also - was lucky enough to play against him on the astro behind Fir Park one day - he still had it!!!!!

That was the game at Ibrox I think

Ran up the park from defence past 3 players then scored a sreamer past Goram :yahoo:

Go for it.:nod: One of my all time favourite memories at FP. I remember it as if it was yesterday. What a crowd, what a performance, what a team. Brian Heron's raker from the left flew past the great Pat Jennings like an excocet missile - unstoppable. When the winner went in at the special school end (now the the away stand end) FP exploded and nearly took off into space. I've never heard noise like it and it was equalled when the final whistle went. I just wish there was film somewhere of that glorious night.

Grew - I take it from your comment that the game wasn't televised - I couldn't remember - the SFA were funny about things in them day's, none of this televised football at the drop of a hat. Wonder what Hugh Allan and Ernie Walker would make of all this live football and Sky. Rule 14 ya bass, if there was a game in the public park, then no football could be shown on tele at the same time. To protect the game, I think was the line they always trotted out. Changed days indeed.

My bold

maybe gobstopper might have a copy he seems to have almost every Motherwell FC game covered :thumbup:

For me Nicky Cusack was a legend, he scored some memorable goals..love street springs to mind when I believe he scored a couple and the well fans were singing ' Cusack for England ' Cooper was the ultimate Entertainer though...I remember once we were playing Airdrie and he was taking the complete piss out of one of their players, beating him again and again

Dolan was in goals a lot longer than that.

He went in goals DURING the first half.

I will never forget that game because my auld man threw me 5ft in the air when we scored :thumbup:

Your imagination is playing tricks on you

Howie (Lehtonen 66)

Dolan went in goals after 66 minutes, so yeah I was out by 2 minutes, might I also direct you here to refresh your memory. :cheers:

yes wilson humphries was my English teacher at Dalziel and an officer in the BB's at company 2.

I touhgt it was terrific having a legend like that around.

i have some scanned newspaper reports ( jpegs ) from spurs game but i have no clue how to get the on here help anyone??

i also have reports from Bahia game and flamenco in which we beat the brazilians 3 - 0 and 9 - 2 i still got to scan these 2 though