Old Motherwell Reports And Stuff

texanwellfan

my uncle lived in stevenage so my mum and dad packed me on the overnight bus at hamilton and my uncle got me somewhere close to stevenage and i was able to ride with him on the spurs supporters bus to the first leg at white heart lane. Make no mistake, spurs were a good team and did not play their reserves!! then 21 years later i was able to travel back from texas and go to the '91 cup final with him. it was my uncle that wsa responsible for me supporting the well. Sadly missed now but lots of fond memories.

What a trip down memory lane that was - thanks tex. Keep them coming if you've anymore from your scrapbook - you wouldn't happen to have the report of the St Mirren game 1975? notworthy.gif

Ah'll need tae hae a "rummage aroon ma drawers" this weekend :whistling:

i kept a scrap book that particular season but i know i have other stuff around too just not sure where.

Don't want to create/pollute another thread with this.

My sister's first well game (born in 2000, so since then)

We were either drawing/losing at the interval, but she was greeting like fuck to go home, and so she, and we, went.

In the second half we scored 4 goals.

Who were we playing, who were the scorers, and what was the score?

Edit to add - I thought it was Hibs for some mad reason.

Edited by StipeIsGod

have you been able to read them ok? i thought i was just pasting the links and you would follow the link and size appropriately to read. But i see now that the images are all there and parts dissappear when i enlarge the image? as long as u are able to read what i have been posting i'll just keep doing the same if not let me know and provide some hints for me to make it more readable

I was at the Flamengo game, standing in my usual position, the wee wooden gate at the right hand stand enclosure next to the home dugout.

As usual, I was there early as my mother used to help make the tea for officials etc. and help out in general. In the fifties, when I was wee , I used the players entrance and didn't pay.

Whist I was standing there the Flamengo players came out for a look at the pitch and stadium. I took my programme and a pen and went over to this guy for an autograph, he took them of me and vanished down the tunnel. I thought what a cheeky bugger.

Twenty minutes later, he returned with the team photo signed by each player.

The same thing happened when we played Bilboa. We won that game 3-2

:cheers: :cheers:

We were either drawing/losing at the interval, but she was greeting like fuck to go home, and so she, and we, went.

Yip you are correct it was Hibs - Spanish player David Ferrer (is that right spelling?), made his debut as a 2nd half sub and scored a hattrick - not sure who scored the other. This also happened to be first game I took my wife to (could have been around 2003/4). She is from New York and had never been at a football match before. Even before we scored she thought it was a brilliant game - because she was used to all the stop start nonsense of American Football!

the game Wee-Alpha refers to was on 09/02/2002

Woods

Corrigan

Hammell

Strong

Ready

Deloumeaux

Leitch - Ferrere 46min

Adams

Lasley

Elliot

Lehman - Nicholas 88min

unused subs: Brown, Ramsey, Martinez

Scorers Ferrere 53,65,80 Lehman 72

Jeez Texanwellfan thanks for these. What absolutely wonderful memories these evoke. I was about halfway back in the terracing at what is now the East Stand with my brother and my dad. We were about level with the 18-yard line and Martin Chivers took the throw that led to Spurs goal just in front of us. I know they said that there was 22,000 in FP that night but I think it was more. We couldn't wait to get home from school that day and even classmates that weren't 'Well fans were mad kean to go too. It wasn't all-ticket so anyone could turn up on the night and pay at the gate. The atmosphere outside before the game was even more electric than it usually was for big night games at FP and there was really a feeling that we could win despite the quality of the opposition. Everyone in that team became a legend for me that night and they are my all-time favourite 'Well side.