The Next 3 Games

mfcdez

Murphy and Humphrey should be running full tilt at their full backs from the start because they are wofeful and our boys should rip them to shreds.

I'd be gutted if we start with Murphy........he's done absolutely fuck all to warrant his place in a starting eleven for as long as I can remember.

McHugh or Ojaama for me.

Both seem to link far better with Higdon, both seem to be able to anticipate where the knock-ons and lay-offs are going......something that seems to completely elude Murphy unfortunately.

next 3 results should be Win, Win, Loss.

:nod:

I'd be gutted if we start with Murphy........he's done absolutely fuck all to warrant his place in a starting eleven for as long as I can remember.

As much as I agree, tactically I think Murphy would be the best move. The Rangers defence is slow as fuck and the newer signings won't be used to dealing with fast SPL players. He doesn't need to play particularly well against them to benefit the team and cause their defence worries. I'd hope we would be lining up with Higdon surrounded by our faster players (apart from Omar Daley).

Aye, cos becoming a parody of yourself crying "wur doomed!" before every Motherwell match is belting chat. :lol:

I don't mean shite chat in that it's drab and no' entertaining, I mean it's shite chat to even suggest that we would "deliberately and actively lie down".

We don't "deliberately and actively lie down" to anyone, our record over the years against Rangers is down to a combination of them having better players, us having zero % luck and not learning lessons and making basic, avoidable errors time and time again, playing with gormless and inept tactics and showing absolutely no belief in ourselves that we could beat them.

I'm the last person to defend our record against Rangers but anyone claiming that it's down to our players and management team "deliberately and actively" lying down, thus waiving their win bonuses, presumably because they perceive that our players are all Rangers supporters and that means more to them than doing their professional jobs, is talking out their arse.

I don't mean shite chat in that it's drab and no' entertaining, I mean it's shite chat to even suggest that we would "deliberately and actively lie down".

We don't "deliberately and actively lie down" to anyone, our record over the years against Rangers is down to a combination of them having better players, us having zero % luck and not learning lessons and making basic, avoidable errors time and time again, playing with gormless and inept tactics and showing absolutely no belief in ourselves that we could beat them.

I'm the last person to defend our record against Rangers but anyone claiming that it's down to our players and management team "deliberately and actively" lying down, thus waiving their win bonuses, presumably because they perceive that our players are all Rangers supporters and that means more to them than doing their professional jobs, is talking out their arse.

I was kidding FFS. :lol:

I know some people need smilies to indicate whether or not a point's made in jest, but I'd hoped the more ridiculous stuff was obvious enough.

If we lose next Wednesday it's because we're complete and utter bottle merchants.

I was kidding FFS. :lol:

I know some people need smilies to indicate whether or not a point's made in jest, but I'd hoped the more ridiculous stuff was obvious enough.

If we lose next Wednesday it's because we're complete and utter bottle merchants.

Okay then fair enough.

Want / hope we can win them all but if i'm honest, i want a cup win far more, in fact i'm desperate for it . 40 years of getting slagged by those fuckwits will be wiped out by a victory. I think a lot of older fans probably share my view. Dreading a defeat dry.gif

^^^ This. ^^^

I'm sick to the teeth of listening to all their "We're still the Rainjurz, we'll be back stronger than ever" keich. I don't want us to beat them. I want us to torture them, humiliate them, rip their spines oot, hit them for at least seven. In their faces from the kick off and show no mercy.

That would be nice. :evilgrin:

after that comedy show last night i expect nothing less than the Mighty well to hump the H*ns ! there back four are ganting !

Finally someone on this board I can agree with. Yes, we should hump them next week.

And yes, it was a mighty fine 'tache. Sadly, it is so associated with him it has ruined that 'tache for us all of us. Possibly the worst thing he ever did really.

• 2 weeks later...

Dundee united and the two from Edinburgh next up, these are games we should win if we're going to finish 2nd IMO

Exactly. If we start losing games against sides we should be competing with and beating, then I'll get worried.

As things stand we're still up near the top of the table, which suits me just fine.

Problem is the team morale is rock bottom, the back line couldn't defend against a schoolboy team and if it wasn't for Randy we would have had a cricket score today. The fans have had their faith in McCall's management abilities dented. So these next three games will definitely shape the season. It's now totally up to how McCall and the team respond both mentally and tactically from the 'Old Firm' mauling.

Exactly. If we start losing games against sides we should be competing with and beating, then I'll get worried.

As things stand we're still up near the top of the table, which suits me just fine.

just so I'm clear, we should be competing with and beating city clubs?

On recent form, yes, we should be competing with the likes of United, Aberdeen, Hearts & St Johnstone.

Clear enough for you chief?

Perfectly, so we should be competing with and beating Rangers then.

Its all got a bit blurred on here, I'm still of the opinion top six is an achievement for Motherwell and even with recent 'form' I'd still only be looking for that, as to be honest we've been pretty poor, at times, in every match. Even in our comfortable? win, ICT probably felt robbed.

But on a fixture by fixture outlook, I expect the team to challenge everyone we meet.

I don't expect to beat them all, so losses are to be expected, I can live with that if the team go down fighting

I expect the manager, to see weaknesses in our small squad and try and adapt to over come them.

I also expect him to have to experiment a little because of the small squad, so if he tries something and its a massive fail, I can live with that

if he makes those same mistakes with players and or tactics over and over again, I'll sound off about it, initially it'll be on here, well because its where many of us discuss Motherwell, pro's and con's

Motherwell might not be the most glamourous club to manage or run or support and we might have limited resources etc but as fans we need to believe that the money and support we give the club is being used to give us at least a fighting chance against 'ALL' our opponents.

Wednesday felt like we were let down on that front, some aspects of todays game, also felt like a let down, but only on the back of Wednesday.

Brazilian is spot on IMO , supporting the team as long as I have , I always view top 6 as relative success , with anything over and above that an added bonus .

We have one of the smallest squads , budgets and core supports in the league and are relying ever more often on our youngsters coming through the ranks .

These guys will invariably have dips in form and confidence throughout the season , but reasonable fans make allowances for this and look to the more experienced squad members to dig deep and pull them through .

That kind of fighting spirit and trench mentality are seriously lacking just now and McCall needs to instill it in them . We know we wont win every game , but the least we deserve is to see a team which goes into every one believing that they can