The Next 3 Games

mfcdez

If I had one wish at the moment, it would to to absolutely hand Rangers their arse on a plate. Not just beat them, but a good 4-0'er.

Aside from that, I don't think we'll have too much trouble against Aberdeen, and I don't think we'll get anything from the Celtic game.

the cup game is the big one.

winning the league cup would be brilliant in itself and there is plenty of money to made from getting to the semi or the final.

I agree with this and all this 'diddy cup' talk is daft. They won't be saying that in March if we win the trophy eh? Aye European qualification is great and all that but I'd love to see the team photo next year with a trophy in it.

Anyway I think we will get a win, a draw and a defeat (not necessarily in that order). If you asked me which one of the games I'd prefer to win I would choose the Rangers game because there is plenty of time to go in the league and recover any slip ups

We'll be Aberdeen. By something to nil, as their strikeforce is laughable.

Rangers, think we'll beat 2-1.

Celtic - see no reason why we can't take points of them, if we play our game. Everyone else is given a good account of it. As long as we keep to playing our way, rather than trying to stop Celtic....

We could win all three, but we could just as easily lose all 3!

Has our TV record improved any??

:lol:

We've got a great record against Aberdeen over the last few seasons, they have only beaten us once in the cup IIRC. Celtic won't keep slipping up?? Old rangers were a complete bogey team for us!!!

Is that not going back to like 2000? Our record in the league is only second to Celtic I believe when it comes to Aberdeen. They have not beaten us since 2008.

Finlay, why not get carried away? We're top of the league, and yet to loose, while scoring a decent amount of goals in the process? If this was any other team their fans would be enjoying it to the max. We're top on merit too (despite bigger clubs having game in hand)

I was looking at the fixtures last night.

We have to fancy taking something from Aberdeen, they are not scoring many goals at all whereas we are doing pretty well on that front. Full credit to Higdon for banging them in after taking quite a bit of stick (including that from myself) after the European games.

3-points at Aberdeen would be a dream, but as long as we take a point.

McCall and the team should be/will be well up for the trip to Ibrox. He may make a few changes but the squad isn't big enough for a complete revamp for the cup.

Celtic's away record is poor so far. Hope that continues at Fir Park.

4 points against the Dons and Celtic would be magnificent. Sneaking through at Ibrox a dream!

Talking about Rangers being a walk in the park and Aberdeen having a crap strikeforce and therefore being dismissed is a bit daft to say the least. Rangers regardless of crap away results will be a different entity at Ibrox.

We are top of the league after six games. Glad to be there but lets not get ahead of ourselves with regards to who we can and can't beat. That very rarely if at all pans out.

We struggled to beat a poor Dundee side on Sunday. Whilst a win is a win lets get a bit of perspective going in to our VERY DIFFICULT next three games.

• Like 1

everyone seems to think Aberdeen aren't scoring - we'll beat them, they haven't conceded at home either this season

yes we are top of the league on merit, we've got the points in the bag - but we've been far from great

we've also enjoyed a relatively "easy" start to the league - the next run of 6 games sees us play "more difficult" opposition

i would be happy with a point from Aberdeen, a point from Celtic and a win against Rangers - thats the big one for me!

someone mentioned that the cups help us more financially than prize money - whilst I accept this, is that going to be the case this year? in years gone by, Rangers and Celtic would be in the semi final meaning the money gets pooled between the 4 teams

if Rangers dont get to a semi this year - who else is going to take that many fans to Hampden to drive up the gate money?

anyway - 2 draws and a win in the cup!! and i will be very happy

Like most games all 3 are winnable and loseable.

If given a choice that we were to win just one it would be the Rangers game. Lot of games left in the league to pick up points in, although I do believe going for 2nd place should be the main focus of our season. But silverware be nice and quite frankly losing to them in the 3rd div doesn't bear thinking about.

I can understand the worry that we will not beat Rangers, but have you actually had a look at their squad? It's shite.

They are playing the worst teams in the Scottish football system and basically struggling against them. There are only two players actually there playing for the shirt. McCulloch and Wallace. The rest are there for the mental wages they are throwing out.

We are by far the favourites in this game, but I agree we might get beat and thats just football.

But let's cut the crap that we are playing some great team. We are not and should have enough quality and experience to beat them comfortably.