The Next 3 Games

mfcdez

They are playing the worst teams in the Scottish football system and basically struggling against them.

They're certainly struggling away from home, and I'd rate our chances against them at Fir Park. Unfortunately, despite a couple of brief embarrassments, they've gubbed everyone at Ibrox, scoring 17 goals in 4 games.

Their squad might be low-to-middling SPL quality at best at the moment, but Motherwell are hardly bankers against any low-to-middling SPL team, home or away.

I agree that we have nothing to fear in this game but it is mental to suggest we are a stick on banker for this game. Motherwell are not a stick on banker for any game. We have went out the cups to worse teams than Rangers. I have a feeling some people are setting themselves up for a big fall. In my lifetime I have seen us go out cups to lower league opposition like Ayr, Inverness (at the time) , St Mirren (at the time) , Forfar, Alloa and I could keep going on.

I think if this Rangers team were in the SPL, they'd finish in the top six, and if we were away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, etc I'd happily take penalties right now and the same goes for this game for me.

I tend to agree with that but you do know if we win, it'll be a case of "Well, Motherwell should beat them" in the media. And if we lose, it'll be the biggest shock of all time.

Don't mind admitting that I'm dreading next Wednesday...

I think if this Rangers team were in the SPL, they'd finish in the top six, and if we were away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, etc I'd happily take penalties right now and the same goes for this game for me.

I await with interest to see who the bookies install as favourites.

At the moment both teams are best priced at 12/1 to win the competition. Rangers are a shorter price than us at 4 bookies (Bet365, Paddy Power, Coral and William Hill), we are a shorter price at 1 bookies (Bet Victor) and we are equal priced at 5 bookies (SkyBet, Boylesports, Blue Square, 888 Sport and Ladbrokes) .

That gives me an incline that Rangers will be slight favourites going in to next weeks game. I will have a guess that the 90 minute betting will Rangers 5/4, Draw 21/10 and Motherwell 2/1 (approx) .

To qualify I would go Rangers 4/6, Motherwell 7/4.

Well that's what Rooney Power would offer if there was ever such a company :thumbup:

you do know if we win, it'll be a case of "Well, Motherwell should beat them" in the media. And if we lose, it'll be the biggest shock of all time.

Don't mind admitting that I'm dreading next Wednesday...

Same here. I was hoping to avoid being part of the circus that accompanies The Rangers and their deluded hordes. I'd like to think we can go there and do something, on paper we should, but we'll need to play better than we did at Dens as The Rangers will be right up for it as it's their chance to "punish those who have punished them" and all that pish. I really hope we are up for it too. It would be worse than awful to capitulate.

Thankfully I stopped reading the papers years ago so they can print what they want the morning after.

I think we will be doing well to win 1 and draw 1 of the following 3 games and if we do it's not too bad I suppose.

My preference therefore would be to win at Ibrox and draw at Pitoddrie as sadly i don't think we'll take anything of Celtic.

That's us played the so called weaker teams in the league. We'll have a good idea of how the season might pan out once we've played the next 5 or 6 games against the traditionally stronger teams.

Was wary of this game , as many others are , but got to agree with the above from StipeIsGod , they are absolutely brutal , and we should be looking to beat them with some to spare .

Yes they will be up for it , and there will be added pressure as the first SPL side to go there , but watching some of that tonite , a full strength 'Well side should be capable of seeing them off comfortably as long as they don't let the occasion and hostile atmosphere get to them .

Oh dear, this result tonight has just raised even more hopes for an almighty fall next Wednesday.

I'm afraid that this result isn't a good one for us as what it will now mean is that the pressure on 'The Rangers' and Ally McCoist will be cranked up ten fold. They will be given a hounding in the press and by their own fans and we, as the SPL side will be 'expected' to go there and beat them next week. Result of that is that their team - which on their day is a match for us IMO - will be fired right up for this one and their supporters will be spitting venom to get one over the SPL side to get their 'revenge' and all of that will count against us.

They will beat us next week, as certain as night follows day.

Oh dear, this result tonight has just raised even more hopes for an almighty fall next Wednesday.

I'm afraid that this result isn't a good one for us as what it will now mean is that the pressure on 'The Rangers' and Ally McCoist will be cranked up ten fold. They will be given a hounding in the press and by their own fans and we, as the SPL side will be 'expected' to go there and beat them next week. Result of that is that their team - which on their day is a match for us IMO - will be fired right up for this one and their supporters will be spitting venom to get one over the SPL side to get their 'revenge' and all of that will count against us.

Ah now thats the MJC we all know....

Think that's wishful thinking from you.

Very poor attempt, even for you.