The Next 3 Games

mfcdez

Brechin took them to ET. Peterhead, Annan, and Berwick have drawn with them. QOS now beat them at Ibrox. East Stirling were even beating them at Ibrox.

Enough is enough. No respect. No fear. Get them well and truly humped and humbled.

Perhaps for the first time in s very long time I actually believe we can go there and win.

Or, looking from the opposite standpoint, the pressure on them is immense, they are largely kids, and wont be too delighted to have the media and the crowd on their backs for a week, and will buckle under that pressure, panic, and screw it up at home.

Yes but they're not all 'kids' though are they? They have some seasoned and decent SPL standard players in that side and with the no doubt sell out crowd behind them absolutely desperate for the win, I think they'll take a lot of confidence from that.

I'm sorry but I just have no faith in Motherwell to get a win against Rangers, Newco, oldco, Sevco or whateverco. And yes they are definately beatable, but how many times over the last ten years have we seen other sides beat them, sides poorer than we are yet when we come up against them we just collapse? I'm just getting that same feeling of dread again and a defeat to them would be embarrassing.

Yes but they're not all 'kids' though are they? They have some seasoned and decent SPL standard players in that side and with the no doubt sell out crowd behind them absolutely desperate for the win, I think they'll take a lot of confidence from that.

I'm sorry but I just have no faith in Motherwell to get a win against Rangers, Newco, oldco, Sevco or whateverco. And yes they are definately beatable, but how many times over the last ten years have we seen other sides beat them, sides poorer than we are yet when we come up against them we just collapse? I'm just getting that same feeling of dread again and a defeat to them would be embarrassing.

How much will you be betting on them then?

How much is your mortgage?

I am. Anything less than a win.....by ANY means......and I will be absolutely gutted.

My feelings aswell. We've seen tonight just how poor a side they are, but poor sides can raise their games when the pressure is really on and as has been said, they have players in their squad which are of decent SPL standard. I just hope that we go there and go for their throats, none of this respect and standing off them that we've seen in the past from us under McCall when we've went to Ibrox. We need to be well and truly up for this because you can bet your boots that they will, especially after tonight.

• Like 2

Oh aye we better get wired in from the start. Hammell and Lasley have a lot to prove. A terrible record against them. Other players such as Randolph, Hateley, Humphrey, Law, Murphy etc. have never beaten them.

If they aren't up for this game 100% then major questions need to be asked regarding their professional pride, ambition, and dare I say bottle.

They owe it to themselves as much as they do to us.

EDIT:

Add McCall to that list. His record of 26 goals against and 2 for is astoundingly bad and the only major blot on his MFC copybook. Sort it!

• Like 1

Add McCall to that list. His record of 26 goals against and 2 for is astoundingly bad and the only major blot on his MFC copybook. Sort it!

Yes, and for the love of God I hope McCall doesn't spend the build up to the game telling all and sundry in the media of his 'respect for Rangers and his pal Ally and how they are still a great side', because they are clearly nothing of the sort.

• Like 2

From what I saw tonight they are the equivalent of an SPL reserve team. A few run of the mill SPL standard players surrounded by kids. We should not lose to them and there will be far more pressure on them than us.

IMO a draw would be a shock result.

Murphy and Humphrey should be running full tilt at their full backs from the start because they are wofeful and our boys should rip them to shreds.

I still have a fear though and it's not because Rangers are agreat side it's just due to past heartache and drubbings. Fears don't have to be rational and maybe next Thursday morning I will be laughing at myself after we have just hammered them 4-0 the night before.

I see the novelty is wearing off for them now with the 22k crowd last night. I think a few more slip ups and that will be a regular crowd at Ibrox this season. So much for the sell outs every week.

I'll be thoroughly ashamed and embarassed if we dont give Sevco a fucking scudding.........they are disgracefully bad.

Some of the players, who you would have said were of a decent-to-good SPL standard (yes, I'm looking at you, Sheils, Black and Wallace) were shown up last night by the likes of Derek Young and Ryan McGuffie, which says it all. Their manager is out of his depth with this whole situation, I just hope that he is still in the dugout next week.

From our point of view, McCall has to make sure that he and the players have the correct mindset.......we are the SPL Club, we are the best team in Scotland, they are pish, their fans can scream and intimidate all they want but they are still pish, we have a major point to prove, the players should be hyped up for this one and lets hope we can take a crowd similar in size to the crowd that QOS took to Ibrox........every 'well fan that can go, should go as this is looking like a great opportunity to pay they Harry Hunts back for years of scuddings at their hands.

Get fucking intae them

• Like 1

I'll be thoroughly ashamed and embarassed if we dont give Sevco a fucking scudding.........they are disgracefully bad.

Some of the players, who you would have said were of a decent-to-good SPL standard (yes, I'm looking at you, Sheils, Black and Wallace) were shown up last night by the likes of Derek Young and Ryan McGuffie, which says it all. Their manager is out of his depth with this whole situation, I just hope that he is still in the dugout next week.

From our point of view, McCall has to make sure that he and the players have the correct mindset.......we are the SPL Club, we are the best team in Scotland, they are pish, their fans can scream and intimidate all they want but they are still pish, we have a major point to prove, the players should be hyped up for this one and lets hope we can take a crowd similar in size to the crowd that QOS took to Ibrox........every 'well fan that can go, should go as this is looking like a great opportunity to pay they Harry Hunts back for years of scuddings at their hands.

Get fucking intae them

as much as i agree with the above.................I am firmly in the MJC camp!!!

however would be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong and have it shoved down my throat!!!

Anything less than a victory against a shite rangers team is unacceptable. If we can't beat them now we never will. Intae thum.

How many times has that been said over the last 10 years? "They're there for the taking, we'll never have a better chance to beat them", but we never do it.

That said this time, going by the team they have on paper at least, they are a lot more 'beatable' than they have been at any time in the last decade and if we fail to deliver this time then excuses such as "they have players of a far higher quality than we have, so there's no shame in losing to them" will not wash one little bit.

Can we beat them? Yes we are capable of it in my opinion, but they are also capable of beating us as the sides are probably equal in terms of quality. Will we beat them? No I don't think we will. We need to go there and show them no respect and really go for it, but you just know that we won't do that and we will contrive to lose to them one way or another. If they are really up for it and we do our usual sitting off them then we'll lose by quite a few, and if they're not and play as poorly as they did last night then we'll giftwrap a goal or two for them. Oh, and as usual we'll get absolutely no luck whatsoever, either in front of goal if we do manage to create a chance or two, or from the referee and his assistants. Had we scored that equalising goal that QoS did last night at Ibrox then it would have been given offside going by our previous luck against 'Rangers'.

It's so predictable it's infuriating, that said I'll still be absolutely raging if we lose to them again in what is, without question, as good a chance as we've ever had to go to Ibrox and knock the team that play there out of the League Cup, but frankly you could play eleven subbuteo Rangers players against us and we still wouldn't be able to beat them.