Out Of Contract?

rab_mackinnon

I think definately that Darren Randolph, Nick Law and Jamie Murphy will be away

Think we can persuade Hateley, Hutchy and Hiugdon and Humphrey to sign again, it be in there best interests, how many times have we seen a player leave motherwell to end up on the scrap heap as they dont get games elsewhere. The grass isnt always greener elsewhere, am sure players like stuart elliot, mark reynolds, stephen hughes, david clarkson, giles coke, richie foran, paul quinn, chris porter who have left thinking going make it big elsewhere but havent and either in reserves, retired at early age (Elliot) now or playing for teams who are no bigger than motherwell

Can say same about Lasley and Hammell who are now back, they left and thought make it bigger elsewhere but didnt and have came home and both regret leaving motherwell in the first place

Nick blackmans careers havent exactly taken off since left and didnt come back the next year when offered another loan deal rather go to aberdeen than come back to us

I just hope any player has a good think about it before deciding life is better elsewhere, better the devil you now than dont know.

ps can at least say we pay our players on time (Jamie stevenson)!!

how many times have we seen a player leave motherwell to end up on the scrap heap as they dont get games elsewhere. The grass isnt always greener elsewhere, am sure players like stuart elliot, mark reynolds, stephen hughes, david clarkson, giles coke, richie foran, paul quinn, chris porter who have left thinking going make it big elsewhere but havent and either in reserves, retired at early age (Elliot) now or playing for teams who are no bigger than motherwell

Can say same about Lasley and Hammell who are now back, they left and thought make it bigger elsewhere but didnt and have came home and both regret leaving motherwell in the first place

Nick blackmans careers havent exactly taken off since left and didnt come back the next year when offered another loan deal rather go to aberdeen than come back to us

I just hope any player has a good think about it before deciding life is better elsewhere, better the devil you now than dont know.

Unfortunayely Money talks. Even so called smaller english clubs can offer 2 - 3 time the salary we can.

Ryan Stevenson was one of the player who was payed on time. Think it was mcglynn and 4 senior players who weren't

all these guys have had some relative success early in their careers in england

pauyl jewell got bradford into the epl and kept them up and took wigan from league one to the epl, kept them up for two years and reached a cup final.

seriously?

had plenty of success before things went tits during his last 15 months in brum.

holloway got a promotion with qpr and megson got wba to the epl twice.

promotions with reading and west ham and an fa cup final.

mccall's record in england is terrible compared to these guys. bradford were massive faves for promotion and ended up mid table in league 2.

So AVB wasn't sacked for poor results from a team that went on to win two major trophies to find employment in the same league and City six months later.

Regardless of personality, player, and training issues his spell, due to the results and wages he is on, is seen as a failure.

How is he doing at the moment?

Better manager than the one he replaced? Not as far as the EPL goes.

So AVB wasn't sacked for poor results from a team that went on to win two major trophies to find employment in the same league and City six months later.

AVB has a resume including 4 trophies in one season and unbeaten league season. 6 months at chelsea doesn't cancel that out.

mccall did a much worse job at bradford than avb did at chelsea.

The grass isnt always greener elsewhere, am sure players like stuart elliot, mark reynolds, stephen hughes, david clarkson, giles coke, richie foran, paul quinn, chris porter who have left thinking going make it big elsewhere but havent and either in reserves, retired at early age (Elliot) now or playing for teams who are no bigger than motherwell

While I broadly agree, as mentioned, all of the players above will have made significantly more money out of the game in the moves they've made. Porter and Hughes we definitely got the best out of, as they seem like they've been injured almost continually since they left, Foran finally got to be the main man somewhere, which is what he always wanted, Clarkson we got very good money for, Quinn we got decent money for, Elliot played a big part for Hull and their rise before his injury problems, Coke I always liked, but did he really offer us a great deal when he was here?

Of those, Reynolds is the only one who I think might regret his move, and even at that, he'll have made good money out of it.

Think we can persuade Hateley, Hutchy and Hiugdon and Humphrey to sign again, it be in there best interests, how many times have we seen a player leave motherwell to end up on the scrap heap as they dont get games elsewhere. The grass isnt always greener elsewhere, am sure players like stuart elliot, mark reynolds, stephen hughes, david clarkson, giles coke, richie foran, paul quinn, chris porter who have left thinking going make it big elsewhere but havent and either in reserves, retired at early age (Elliot) now or playing for teams who are no bigger than motherwell

Seen his name on the vidiprinter a couple of times already for Sheffield United this season.

McCall talking about this very subject on the MFCTV Aberdeen press conference put up this morning. He's hoping to sit down in the next few weeks to discuss his future. It's all quite tentative and non-committal however that was some positive stuff from him.

It may come down to what we can offer McCall as far as a wage and a budget for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he declines any offer if it's simply the same as he's on now.

Broon has always been a wee snake in the grass.

McCall should hopefully sign on again, which makes things easier for other players to commit when they know the manager is happy to be here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/motherwell

Hoping Murphy and Hately will renew. Randy, I fear may be off on a pre contact during the next window.

• 1 month later...

why have we not opened extension talks with daz law and all the other out of contract players?

because daz and law along with murphy and hateley are certs to be off down south at the end of the season.

page and omar are as good as gone and ramsden should be as well. mchugh never gets a chance so he should go for his own good.

if humphrey and higdon are offered new deals they should be told that they will only be on the table until the start of may so we can plan properly for the summer rather than wait about while they see if they can find a better deal anywhere else with us a fallback.

• Like 1