Out Of Contract?

rab_mackinnon

Yep, just been confirmed on Twitter.

Just because some journalist tweets about a story he has heard somewhere does not make it factual, surely we have learned this by now.

A 23 year old guy who is a decent player and previously rejected an approach from Blackpool is so going to want to play in the Irn Bru 2nd Division, it would be the pinnacle of his career. dash2.gif

Correct me on this, but if he signs on a pre contract in September does that mean he will only be able to train for 6 months until the transfer ban is over for them. If so seems a bit daft to waste so much time and particularly when we might try to sell him in January.

He can sign a pre-contract with anyone from six months before the expiry of his current contract. Presumably he'll be contracted up until the end of June with us so he would still be available to us, if the manager chose to play him, for the remainder of the season.

Effectively though, as he did with Blackpool last season, Murphy or any other player in the same situation for that matter can tell the club to bite my shite if they try to sell them to any club they don't want to go to, regardless of how juicy a fee it might be for MFC.

Correct me on this, but if he signs on a pre contract in September does that mean he will only be able to train for 6 months until the transfer ban is over for them. If so seems a bit daft to waste so much time and particularly when we might try to sell him in January.

Not quite, it's a registration ban which finishes the day after the summer transfer window closes. Sevco would then be able to register free agents from that date onwards.

I generally have no idea where this "Omar Daly is fast" chat came from. I've never seen it...and I don't think there's much of him at Motherwell that i've missed which other people have seen.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fans-will-see-pace-is-my-secret-1082019 he made it up himself laugh1.gif he is a right dafty, probably mccall's worst signing

Honestly dont see the point in this transfer embargo, its hardly a punishment, it started when the window shut and they can offer players contracts before the embargo is up, so the only thing they are really missing out on is the January transfer window, so effin what?

If he goes hes an idiot, he is never going to develop any further in the second or third division. Being a fan of a club is no reason to move to it, especially this early in your career.

The standard of the article was only confirmed by the fact it says Murphy is good in the air.

A third of his goals in the SPL last season came with his head. Four of his Thirteen goals in total(31% roughly) last season came with his head.

I would say he's decent in the air, scored some cracking headers for us in his time.

A third of his goals in the SPL last season came with his head. Four of his Thirteen goals in total(31% roughly) last season came with his head.

I would say he's decent in the air, scored some cracking headers for us in his time.

Not a slight on Jamie, I think he's a cracking player on his day, wouldn't say in the air is something I would identify as one of his main attributes in such an article. His header against Hearts in the 3-0 game was cracking I'll give him that. The others were more about movement than actual ariel ability. Put it this way, you wouldn't use him as a target man. That's normally what you'd associate with someone described as "good in the air" in a transfer talk article.

Edit, I think that should probably be "aerial" ability. Wasn't talking about how good he was at doing the washing!

From the bbc:

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall: "If there are going to be

players departing at the end of the season, then we want to make this the best

season that we possibly can.

"There are lots of players we would love to keep but we live in a realistic world.

"I don't think there is any doubt there will be a part of the squad that will be departing but it would be nice to keep a few."

It's regrettable that in the last few years when we've had a few good team's and good individuals we haven't managed to win a cup like dundee utd, hearts and even hibs under john collins have managed too when they've had decent sides.

hopefully we can get in decent replacements in this summer for those that do leave